please look at my hair and tell me if I should relax.

peacelove

Well, as has been said pretty much by everyone DON'T relax. You look like you made quite a bit of progress in the front, and I LOVE how your natural hair looks. You look like you are well on your way to a nice thick natural head of hair!! :D

deborah11

Please DO NOT relax your hair. You are asking for trouble. It appears that you had some major breakage and your hair is recovering nicely. you need to determine why your hair sustained this breakage in the first place and adding chemicals to the mix can only lead to devastation right now. I would hate to see you lose all the progress that you have currently made. Moreover because your hair has not reached total recovery not fullness on the sides, it will look very sparse and thin on the sides if you get the relaxer and styling it will be a problem for you. Wait until your hair fully recovers, determined what cause the breakage and continue to baby and condition your hair back to health. Please listen to all the advice that u have received on this board as the women here are great and will not steer you in the wrong direction. Best of luck to you.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Cosigning here!

1) You are a very pretty girl!
2) You may want to consider any braids/weaves/extreme manipulations in your hairline area
3) perms are the DEVIL!!!! (I may be a little biased :lol: )
4) your natural hair texture is beautiful
5) Don't make any decision that can permanently change your hair quickly (ie, perming, cutting, etc)
6) If you can, start co-washing maybe 3-4 days a week. At the least it wont do much for you but on the other side of the coin your hair is going to thrive. Try it for a month and see what happens!