Please help!

l0vely

Okay ladies, tonight I am taking down my sew-in and I am trying to figure out how I should go about caring for my hair afterwards. I'm planning to shampoo, deep condition and give myself a protein treatment. The products I have are:

-Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
-Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment
-Creme of Nature Leave-In Creme Conditioner
-Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler
-Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment

Which products should I use and in which order? I know I sound stupid..but i'm completely hair illiterate but I'm trying to learn more about my hair. If you could please help in any type of way I would greatly appreciate it. I rarely take care of my hair underneath my sew-in (shame on me I know) that why i'm trying to learn now!

WaistLengthDreams

I would detangle, shampoo, protein treatment, conditioning treatment and then add the leave-in treatment. With each step (especially the first one) be very gentle with your hair to avoid unnecessary breakage. Good luck.

DominicanBrazilian82

WaistLengthDreams said:
I would detangle, shampoo, protein treatment, conditioning treatment and then add the leave-in treatment. With each step (especially the first one) be very gentle with your hair to avoid unnecessary breakage. Good luck.

I concur :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NaturalJael

Be sure to detangle well. I had a co-worker who took out her sew in but didn't detangle well and her hair matted beyond belief. Needless to say, she had to cut about 6 inches in the front. I doubly concur with detangling first. Take your time as well.

MeowMix

Howdy,

We all had to learn at some point. Thanks for your question. I'm no expert at sew ins. Do you have the hair sewn onto cornrows? I would suggest after removing the hair to spray with water let that sit for at least 15 minutes. After that I would put an oil on your hair and let that sit. That will help make detangling easier.

There are plenty of experts in here. You will be fine:)

MzSwift

Before you do anything..get out as much shed hair as possible!! It's one thing to detangle, but it's another to de-shed. I've seen too many horror posts of women who failed to de-shed before allowing water or a water-based product to touch their hair.

The rest of it sounds good: cleanse, protein tx, moisturizing DC and then leave-in.

GL! :)

l0vely

Thank you so much!! Thank a llll of you ladies! I didn't think anybody would reply to me lol. I'm so excited about this forum now

l0vely

Before you do anything..get out as much shed hair as possible!! It's one thing to detangle, but it's another to de-shed. I've seen too many horror posts of women who failed to de-shed before allowing water or a water-based product to touch their hair.

The rest of it sounds good: cleanse, protein tx, moisturizing DC and then leave-in.

GL! :)
How do I de-shed MzSwift? I need a book on natural hair for dummies

MzSwift

How do I de-shed MzSwift? I need a book on natural hair for dummies

De-shedding is simply removing the shed hair as you're detangling. You can do it in sections or you can do it as you remove each cornrow. Start by separating your hair with your fingers and holding the hair between two fingers while pulling your fingers toward the ends. Then you can graduate to a wide toothed comb.

OR

You can just use a wide toothed comb and comb gently from the ends of your hair to the roots. Some ladies use brushes and others use smaller/finer combs, it just depends on you.

I like to start with my fingers as I can feel knots and rub them out without ripping out my hair.

HTH! :)

lamaria211

The other ladies have given great advice to add I would spray a little leave in on and let it sit before even attempting to remove the braids to help prevent breakage