Please HELP!! What to do with demonicaly influenced people messing with you!

DaiseeDay

Please HELP!! How to respond to people who antagonize you.

Ok, so my cousin has been living with my mom and I for the past year. I feel like she's pretty much sent by Satan to mess with me... lol

She's one of those lying manipulating people, always has been. I'm going through a really rough season and here she comes to make matters worse; and if it's not her it's her mom who she acts just like. They both will sit there and intentionally antagonize me, talk about me, and try to make me look bad. My cousin also pits my mom against me and it works. Actually she's been doing it since we were children. My mom is BLIND to this, I'll tell her whats going on and she'll be like "yepp, mm-hmm, tell me next time she does something like that" then when I tell her she'll ignore me. Her mom was living with us too, until she finally found somewhere else to go, then just as she does here comes my cousin.

They both have to the same MO and objective, my cousin was so happy when my brother went away to college and now she's trying to get me out. Her mom actually thought they were getting my brother's room when he moved out. But my mom put her foot down (my mom makes it blatantly obvious that my brother is the favorite btw, so I can't expect the same thing to happen when I leave - I fully expect my cousin to get my room). My cousin is just stirring the pot waiting for me to leave or get kicked out. I heard her cackling when my mother and I had a disagreement.

She's constantly doing and saying stuff to get to me.

I'm past my breaking point. Now I'm pissed. I'm ready to beat the mess out of her. I'm just so tempted to bump her up, tell her "look if you say one more cross thing to me, or even look at me side ways one more time, I'm going to snatch that chewed up hair of yours straight out your scalp and beat the mess out of you!". I know this is wrong, and not how I'm suppose to respond. You guys, I am NOT a violent person. In my 18 young years of being alive I've never gotten into a physical confrontation and the only real verbal ones have been with this chick.

I don't know what to do. I've been praying about this for the longest time.

And yes, I've tried being nice, it can only last for a little while. She'll just use me being nice as an opportunity for her to make even more hurtful remarks. And her attitude will change out of the blue anyway.

Last edited:
Whew! All sin is influenced by evil, even yours. What you have is a cousin who hates you, pure and simple. She might be jealous of you for some reason and she's digging into you. Doesn't mean someone is demonically possessed. What I'd do is be kind, overlook the majority of the hurts she inflicts because you are certainly under the microscope. Look at what causes you to err and not so much your cousin. You don't need to plead any blood and cast out demons or anything. Just live right. And if need be, tell her how you feel when she does these things, reminding her that she is a guest in YOUR home. Mostly, ask Him to help you in this situation. Please don't go into her room with mumbo-jumbo...that's not fair to her.

"Mumbo-jumbo" lol that's exactly what I'm leery of. But I'm thinking some things do have to be handled in the spiritual realm. It just seems like I'm at my wits end. I've tried being nice, pleasant, overlooking it - all of that. Yeah sin is evil, but I'm trying to explain something other than just pure sin. Like I said, I don't do anything to cause her to act like that. The exact opposite - the nicer I am, the more opportunity she has to mess with me. Not saying she's demonically possessed. I was talking about a different person there. What I mean is it's obvious to me that Satan is using her (whether she's just jealous, which I know she is, or whatever) to make me miserable. I've gone to God with this. Nothing changes.

I was half joking about pleading the blood over my mom while she's sleeping. You're right, quietly doing that to my cousin while she's sleeping is not fair - the way she's been acting calls for more.

Wanted to add: I've handled this by praying about it and doing what GuitarHero said, trying to be nice, and ignore it. At times like this though, I just wonder if there's anything else I can do.

I say this with love but its time for you to leave.I know it doesn't sound right or what not but if you have a job you should be on your own making your own way that way you will have peace and can control your environment.

Your relative seems insecure,angry and bitter and most importantly unsaved.So there really isn't much you can do to her except pray and move out and on.Your mother seems to keep it going by being oblivious to her antics so its time to move on.You getting riled up actually doesn't help the situation bc it places you as christian in bad light even though you are very much human.Pray,keep your distance and try to get out asap its not worth your peace nor your godly position.She will push you to the edge where you will do something that doesn't represent the godly character that is in you.

"Mumbo-jumbo" lol that's exactly what I'm leery of. But I'm thinking some things do have to be handled in the spiritual realm. It just seems like I'm at my wits end. I've tried being nice, pleasant, overlooking it - all of that. Yeah sin is evil, but I'm trying to explain something other than just pure sin. Like I said, I don't do anything to cause her to act like that. The exact opposite - the nicer I am, the more opportunity she has to mess with me. Not saying she's demonically possessed. I was talking about a different person there. What I mean is it's obvious to me that Satan is using her (whether she's just jealous, which I know she is, or whatever) to make me miserable. I've gone to God with this. Nothing changes.

I was half joking about pleading the blood over my mom while she's sleeping. You're right, quietly doing that to my cousin while she's sleeping is not fair - the way she's been acting calls for more.

LOl. Unfortunately, he uses all of us, when we allow him to. Maybe G-d wants you to wait it out? She's obviously a mean girl. What does your mom say? I mean it's not fair to do religious things to people without their consent. We don't have that right. Ask G-d to protect you and let her be.

Whenever we go thruogh rough times, no matter if we are the cause or others, the best thing to do is seek God for what it is He wants YOU to learn in this situation. He has already given us some guides in His word (trials work out patience, edurance, character etc.) but you have to give yourself over to the honing of these traits within the trial. Also, Deal with her according to the Word. The strong MUST bear the infirmities of the weak, when a person is overtaken in a fault draw them back with meekness.

The thing you have to understand is that YOU cannot change her. NO matter how much you explain, express, yell, whatever...only the Holy spirit can change her heart so your job is to pray for her to have a closer walk with God (if she's saved) and that she accepts salvation if she is not.

I know we look for an easy remedy to when people are acting a fool in our lives (Im going through the same thing right now) but we can only focus on ourselves because thats who we can control.

Let God work things out in you, and let Him work things out in Her. (Im not saying you are the cause of her shinanigans but God doesnt deal in randoms and coincidences so if you're going through its for a reason,What the devil means for Evil, God has allowed it for your good).

Note: Gods time is not our time so just because you pray today does not mean that you will see change tomorrow...you might not even be the recipient or around to see the change of heart that she has but keep praying. God is faithful!

I know how you feel. I've had (have) a simillar situation but thank God I don't have to live with the person(s). I agree with GodessMaker, you may not be able to leave but you have to avoid her as far as possible. The breathing space would help you far more than you would imaging right now. However, avoiding her might make her even worst. I know what you mean by her being worst when you are nice. I made that mistake too many times but, I do always strive to love my enemies. I now know that that doesn't mean you stick it out and allow them to assume their rotten ways are in anyway acceptable.

I've learned to speak up very plainly about what was done wrong to me and side step any argumentative reprecussions, but I'm still learning and have to stick hard to the Word of God, prayer, fasting and worship.

Why is your cousin and HER mother living in your house ANYWAY why don't they have their own place

i dont have any words that will be different than what Coilyfields said.

I have a boss (at a temp position paying less than i made on unemployment) goading me and berating me...

I will hold you up in prayer and check this thread periodically to see if you have updated with the VICTORY! Because I know it is coming, as it is with all of us who faithfully serve God as best we can!

Thanks lilanie I'll def. be here with a praise report when things get better.

I thought I might have one soon: I was being nice and friendly and we'd getting a long fine all week, but she's jealous and just has to let her colors show. Nope I've learned that some people have to be cut out.

To answer your question Almaz she's here because she was acting fool with her dad and he called my mom crying asking her to take her for a while. Her mom was here because she's trifling.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm just talking down about them, but that's the truth and I'm fed up with walking on egg shells. She can taunt me, call me out of my name, and manipulate, but the moment I try to defend myself or even speak the truth about her I look bad.

No she doesn't believe in God, she mocks Him - which makes it even harder to put up with her.

I'll keep waiting and praying though.

Sent from my iPad

Back