Please help me with my hair!

celiabug

my hair needs something i just dont know what it is. my hair is very fine and thin. my texture is 3b 3c. my hair tangles sooo bad! its not just the ends its the whole entire thing. i comb through on detangle day and as soon as i do its already knotted up again. my hair feels like rubber when i "try" to run my fingers through it. i am losing soo much hair. its already thin enough!! I dont know what to do! 4 years of hard work is literally going down the drain. any advice?

Evolving78

have you done a protein treatment yet? i know how you feel and have seen your wonderful progress, so i hope it's just an issue of over moisture. also try using an oil and make sure you have removed all of the shed hairs. i am going through something myself.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Def a hard protein. Your hair sounds mushy. Like it has no tensile strength.

Try an egg

Or

Aphogee

Or

Nexus Emergencee

Or

Elasta QP breakage serum

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
When I refer back to my tangling days, I think of: not really detangling as well as you think, product buildup and need to clarify, not using the right products to make your hair feel soft, need to check porosity of hair and ph of products because cuticles are not laying flat which makes it hard for the comb to pass over the strands.

starchgirl

After one of the treatments mentioned above and detangling, try doing a 50:50 rinse with aloe vera juice to close your cuticles. I put the mixture in a cup and dunk sections of my hair into the cup and tip it up onto my scalp. My hair always feels silky smooth after doing this.

ajargon02

Are you using a leave in?

I have to change my routine periodically as my hair gets longer. Some techniques are no longer working and I have to revist what I did to get the length I have now.

For example, I was having a similar issue. (btw, I am natural)
I clarified with a chelating shampoo, Aphogee 2 step, dc'd under steamer for 45 min, replaced the filter in my shower, switched to using a leave-in moisturizing spray daily w/ aloe and veg glicerine in it and incorporated the l.o.c. method.

Every other wk on wash day, I will use a moisturing dc, interchanging w/ protein dc.
This has been a game changer for me.

My hair now feels normal, soft, looks fluffy and holds its' sheen longer.

Evolving78

I've done 2 hard protein treatments in the past 2 months. I didn't really notice a difference

what did you use? see it sounds like you have mushy/over moisturized hair. what is your current reggie? when was the last time you chelated? don't detangle on wet hair. wait until your hair is 80-90% dry and finger detangle. like divachyk stated, it could be a number of things. your hhj has been good so far. have you been cowashing a lot lately?

mshoneyfly

Are you shedding or have breakage? if both, which do have more of? Are you losing tiny pieces of broken hairs or long hairs with the white bulb on one end?

manter26

your siggy? please, are they bears? is it a game? i have been watching it for five minutes. Help me. DD says they are chickens.

It looks like bears waiting in line at the bank to me. Watch the red bear... that's the point. It's not a game, lol.

OP, how are you wearing your hair daily?