Please help! --Color Question!

candibaby

Okay, I'm planning to color my hair (semi-permanent, Kiss by Express (it's ammonia/peroxide free) in Dark Warm Brown. That's about the color of my natural hair which I'm not worried about. What I'm trying to do is get my ends (which are #30-- auburn) to be the same color as my natural hair. Tracy told me a while back to use a Medium or Neutral Brown to cover my ends. She suggested Sebastian or Adore but there isnt a place anywhere near me that sells Sebastian products and the BSS that I've been to have Adore.. but only have weird unnatural colors. My stylist uses Kiss by Express, that's why I got it.

I just dont want my ends to end up looking greenish, because I've read that this happened to a few ladies on this board because the base color in some browns is green. I dont have a clue what the base color in the one I'm using is.. so does anyone know how I can find out? Can you look at the color ingredients and tell? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

candibaby

I'm looking at the ingredients for the actual color.. and it's basically a bunch of yellows, oranges, and reds.. there is no blue or green listed. So does that mean it has a goldish or reddish base?

DangerouslyShy

you should be fine....if your hair is already red based (30) than you can go from that to a dark brown...now if it was blonde you would have to mix red dye with the brown or black dye..

but my ends are a 30 as well i am growing it out as we speak and i normally put a dark brown rinse on all of my hair...