PJ Check in!

crlsweetie912

Hello, my name is crlsweetie 912 and I am a PJ!

(everybody says in unison "Hi CRL!":grin: )

Ok ladies, I have really enjoyed the boards for the past 2 or so months, but dang, I am a pj already.:look: Everyday I go to my mom's house and there is a box sitting on her table for me. Most of the time I don't have a clue what's in the box, I have to open it to remember what I bought! She says, you really need to stop all this ordering. I have a box of products in the back of my car that I had forgotten about, Nexuss, NTM leave in, Motions, etc....!:eek: And this doesn't count all of the trips to the BSS. Baltimore is like the BSS capitol of the world. I have bought WGO for two of my church members, put in perms for another, etc. What's happening to me? But seriously, my hair has never looked and felt better, and I am proud that I am taking the time to treat my hair better.

Just a space for the PJ's to check in and represent!:grin:

ETA: I just bought some MTG...:hammer:

Last edited:
hi my name is carameldiva and i am a pj. You should see my bedroom floor, my hallway closet, my bathroom cabinets- covered with my products. But i am a happy pj and currently only have stuff that works well for me.

I am a re-covering PJ :look: I have finally gotten my PJ-ism under control (except when i go to WholeFoods). Goodluck Ladies.

Hi I am PJ in recovery. When I first joined the board, I purchased so many new products! Now that I know what works and what does not, I have cut down significantly on my purchases. I usually on replace currently used products when I run out.

But......:sekret: I did stop at the BSS yesterday to buy some Salerm 21 leave-in. I used it for my rollerset last night and I really like the product. I don't think I will purchase anything else this month though :look:

I am a re-covering PJ, as well. I used to buy everything under the sun, but now, I just overdose on certain products only.

If only I can stop stocking up on them. It's like I indirectly fear that they will stop making them or something. :look: So, I am still in the PJ club. :)

HoneyDew said:
I am a re-covering PJ, as well. I used to buy everything under the sun, but now, I just overdose on certain products only.

If only I can stop stocking up on them. It's like I indirectly fear that they will stop making them or something. :look: So, I am still in the PJ club. :)

Ditto --- I am a recovering hair care pj, however I will stock up to the max on my favorites !

I admitt, i do tend to buy all the bottles of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. Its just that i can NEVER FIND IT plus when i do, the store usually only has 2 bottles out. I grab both bottles :sekret:

I know exactly how you feel. LHCF, you guys are making me bankrupt! :lachen:

crlsweetie912 said:
Hello, my name is crlsweetie 912 and I am a PJ!

(everybody says in unison "Hi CRL!":grin: )

Ok ladies, I have really enjoyed the boards for the past 2 or so months, but dang, I am a pj already.:look: Everyday I go to my mom's house and there is a box sitting on her table for me. Most of the time I don't have a clue what's in the box, I have to open it to remember what I bought! She says, you really need to stop all this ordering. I have a box of products in the back of my car that I had forgotten about, Nexuss, NTM leave in, Motions, etc....!:eek: And this doesn't count all of the trips to the BSS. Baltimore is like the BSS capitol of the world. I have bought WGO for two of my church members, put in perms for another, etc. What's happening to me? But seriously, my hair has never looked and felt better, and I am proud that I am taking the time to treat my hair better.

Just a space for the PJ's to check in and represent!:grin:

ETA: I just bought some MTG...:hammer:

I have a bottle (used once) that I don't want. pm me if interested...

atlien11 said:
I admitt, i do tend to buy all the bottles of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. Its just that i can NEVER FIND IT plus when i do, the store usually only has 2 bottles out. I grab both bottles :sekret:

I am a recovering PJ who still has occasional "blackouts". My drug of choice is conditioners/leave-ins, and I still have issues with board RAVES every now and then.

Another PJ checking in.
I have enough product to last 3 years,I am mostly a Conditioner Junkie.
IF you cant find DDTA in my area its because I bought it all.

Another PJ checking in.
I have enough products to last 3 years,I am mostly a Conditioner Junkie.
IF you cant find DDTA in my area its because I bought it all.

I like trying new things but I always go back to Mane n Tail and dominican stuff. One day I will try the whole mane n tail product line :lol: *evil laugh*

atlien11 said:

AHA! So, you're culprit. You're the reason why I can NOT find this conditioner in any Whole Foods in the A-T-L. I know that I've been to every one looking for it (um.....PJ?....obsessed?....um....drives all over the city looking for certain products?......um.......mind your bizness ;) )

ATLien, pls leave a girl ONE bottle. Hide one for me next time behind the vitamins. :lol:

They sell Aubrey Organics at Sevananda and Vitaminshoppe. I'm not sure if they have honeysuckle rose...but it's worth trying.

I'm a PJ. I'm really trying to tone it down. I have a big rubbermaid box filled with conditioners, leave-ins, shampoo, oils, gel, setting lotions, hairdress.....it's crazy!!

I just started back up with this disease after being obsessed with purchasing hair for a while.

I just purchased 12en 1 shampoo and conditioner, lacio lacio, and silk worm rinse. Before I even touched those I ordered silicon mix, miss keys 10en 1 and alopecil rosemary and cinnamon shampoo in less than 4 days between the two. I know have many more dominican conditioners on my list that I will purchase in a matter of days. Not to mention all the goodies I saw at the family dollar, gots me wanting to go searching in all the other lil stores for stuff. I purchased ors olive, and motions oil sheen, a couple days after the dominican purchase and I will make my way back to get tresemme moisture rich conditioner and DDTA (I was surprised to see after it was said to be discountinued), and last but not least dove sheer moisture mist. After that I will be set until color time rolls around I may have to hit up the henna and dominican cellophane.

Checking back in because I'm relapsing again... I've been buying up the BSS lately, and I've printed out a map to hit up all the Indian stores in my area. I'm trying to fight the urge to go to Trade Secret and use this $10 coupon, but I'm not winning. When we moved recently, I had 2 big cardboard boxes of products (and this was when my PJism was under control and my stash was low). Last week, it snowed, and my DH and my son were getting on my nerves. For therapy, I vanished for 2 hours at the BSS. My family thinks I have a problem. :sekret:

I am definitely a recovering pj, my thing is stockpiling products I love or think I will fall in love with plus a healthy curiousity about products raved about on the baord. I am in the process of (hopefully) whittling down my stash. :look:

Hi, crlsweetie912,

Thanks so much for starting this thread! I am a certified, bonafide PJ, and not quite ready to give it up since there may be something that I find that is a true hit. Matter of fact, here is what I have purchased since being a member of this forum (since Dec 2006):

Elasta QP mango butter moisturizer
Jamila Henna
Hesh amla powder
Giovanni Direct Leave in conditioner
Nyle Herbal Shampoo
Aubrey Organics GPB Shampoo & Conditioner
ORS Replenshing Pak
Grapeseed oil
Dabur Amla oil
Mane & Tail conditioner (I was already using the shampoo)
Vatika coconut oil
NTM Daily Deep conditioner
NTM Silk Touch Leave in cream
ApHogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor
S-curl moisturizer
Wild Growth Hair oil

Isn't it just a d*mn shame? :lol:

Happy hair growing!

In my past, I was not a PJ - I knew what I liked, what worked for my hair, and was very happy with it. Through trial and error, I know that certain Phyto products work very well for me. And goodness knows Phyto is expensive enough.

But then, I found this board. I have been PJ possessed. I am doing the C&G method; I am in the C&G Challange. My hair is braided and will stay that way for at least a few more months and until September if I can handle it.

But now - well, there are the Indian products.

Alma and vatika oil - do I NEED these? Why yes, yes I do. And what about the ayurvedic herbs - can't live without them - aritha, bhringraj, hibiscus, shikakai, amla, cassia, and brahmi powders. I read posts; I scope out the references websites, and read some more. Just you let someone even mention that a product will promote growth, strength, shine - I MUST HAVE IT! I MUST!!!

Well, of course, there are the more traditional shampoos and conditioners, and deep conditioners, and leave-ins, and oils, and intensive moisture deep conditioner, and intensive protein conditioners, and hair masks, and...

To make matters worse, can I simply choose one or two additional products of reasonable price - of course not. I must have Phyto and I can justify that because it's what I already use. I must have Aveda DR - it sounds like such a great product that will take care of potential hair problems. I must have Aubrey's Organics - not so expensive, I think - but the natural products with such yummy ingredients - I must have this. My hair WILL thank me. Well, one organic shampoo and conditioner leads to another and I must have J/A/S/O/N - really I must.

And can I grow my hair with the generally healthy diet I eat - of course not! I must have vitamins! I must have supplements! I must, I simply must! And while I'm buying hair supplements, I may as well buy ones I've been needing for my health as well, and my knees, and future potential health issues that others in my family have.

I was not like this before this discussion board. I have been infected. It must be something in the water, There must be some PJ virus that creeps from the screen or keyboard.

My hair is still in braids, yet I am planning my regime for when it is not. And my girls are not, so I have begun to test products on them. We have completely different types of hair; I just know I'll buy again to try on myself because my black hair is nothing like their biracial hair.

I am infected. I am diseased. I am doomed. And I'm still in braids! I do not even need most of these products.

Yet, does this stop me from buying them? Well, of course not! I MUST HAVE HAIR PRODUCTS!!!

I'm a definite pj. I love buying and trying new hair products. I am so tempted to order some henna now. I keep going to the hennaforhair.com website and looking at the products. I want the henna and the indigo. I'm trying to hold out but seeing everyone's results with the henna on LHCF is making me want to try it now!!!

Back