I am so pissed...What do/can I do?

simplie_lovable

Here is the deal so I always wanted to dye my hair a different color because my hair has always been black. So, I felt like today was the day I consulted with a trusted hair stylist who told me how much the entire process would cost and whatnot. Unfortunately, the price she told me I did not have enough money for anyways so I decided to go the Beauty school of America that' not too far from my house to get the job done instead since it is way cheaper than what I was going to pay ($16).

Anyways so right after work i got there ask them several questions. I told the receptionist this was going to be my first dye job,and I also asked her if the people who worked there were going to do a good job of course she said yes. She told me since this is a school one of the students was actually going to do my hair (those are students who are getting ready to graduate in a little bit)and their teacher would also be present. So,the receptionist called the teacher over and she proceeded to ask me just one question,what color did I want. I told her that I wanted a couple shades of brown. Which she told me could be done so before one of her students started on my hair she was asking them questions and what not to see where they were as far as knowledge was concerned. They seemed like they knew what they were doing so, I went ahead and got started withe the process (by the way the dye was semi permanent). So the girl started on my hair had 2 different colors she was doing her thing. After she rinsed the chemical out of my hair I asked her could I please see what color she put in my hair cause it seems like my hair is in the same state as what I walked in with. She showed me the two shades she used in my hair, I was under the dryer at this time.

Let me tell you this freaking girl put a dark brown in my hair that was almost black to me and I was well no wonder the color isn't showing. She had the audacity to tell me that my hair was already too dark and the shade she put in my hair wasn't going to show. I was like then why didn't you tell me this like from the beginning that I would have known not to pay my d*mn money and I could have went somewhere else to get a better ob done. she didn't not tell me anything,while this was going on the teacher had left like long time ago. So i am like stuck at the front talking to the receptionist telling her that I needed my money back. According to her I cant get it back I could only get credit back and I can use that to get another service done.

I told her that I would never ever again go back over there to have them mess with my hair.Anyways there were other teachers there and some other lady who seemed to be a little above the receptionist she told me that I could come tomorrow to get that mess corrected. In all honesty I really don't want to let those people touch my hair again. They told me that one of the teachers would do my hair. My question to you all is how long does it take for a semi-permanent color to come out of my hair? How soon can it get corrected? Should I even go, or should I just let it come off by itself? I am so pissed how the h*ll can I walk out with the same color that i came in with,if not darker.

Last edited:

Neith

If you are 100% sure they used a semi-permanent... they usually wear off in about a month.

I would just wait for it to wear off instead of trying to strip it out or something like that... so you don't dry your hair out. They don't seem to listen well or know what they are doing, so I wouldn't go back to them either!

You can't go lighter with semi permanents, you can tint your hair or go darker, but never lighter!

Lastly... I did read that whole thing, but it was a little hard because there weren't any paragraphs.

HTH!

Barbie83

If the teacher was a real professional, she would have advised you to go with a permanent color, because permanent color is the only thing that will take your hair from dark to light (Color must be lifted). And no one asked about the condition of your hair or the date of your last relaxer? Yeah I wouldn't go there either :nono:

Usually semi-perm color washes out after about 8-12 shampoos, I think.

Whimsy

OK that was annoying to read, but I'd say don't go back. You live and learn, and sometimes you lose $16. I would not go back to a place that jacked me up (or didn't give me what I asked for) so I say, let it rinse out and then save up to go somewhere for a quality dye job.
Sorry it happened tho. Good luck to ya :)

simplie_lovable

Lol Ok I will try to break it into paragraphs sorry I just wanted to get this off of my chest. No one told me that only a permanent color would make my hair go lighter. No they did not even ask about the condition of my hair either.

Whimsy

Lol Ok I will try to break it into paragraphs sorry I just wanted to get this off of my chest. No one told me that only a permanent color would make my hair go lighter. No they did not even ask about the condition of my hair either.

We all need to vent sometimes. I'm sure you'll get more support/response after you break it up to make it easier to read. We're e-lazy here.:grin:

teysmith

alot of times rinses do show up. just like stated above. you can go darker but the lighter rinse dont usually show up to well if at all..

sprungonhairboards

Just let it wear off and don't go back.

You'd be VERY brave to go to a beauty school and get a $16 dye job. Peroxide, lifting color :nono: wouldn't be me.

Classychick20

Color rinses dont last all that long if you wash your hair regularly. Since they coat the hair rather than alter the strand from the inside out, you shouldn't incur too much damage if you opt to get your hair recolored in a week or two. A real professional will be able to strip off the rinse as well as lift your hair color to that lighter shade of brown you were looking for without too much damage. Any time you go lighter, your hair will get dry so deep condition and a little protein and you will be good to go.

poookie

semi & demi permanent colors do not lighten. if your hair was darker than the shade of brown you wanted to go with, then they should have mentioned this to you. so essentially you paid $16 for a dark color rinse you could have given yourself for 3.99 (by buying a color rinse from Sally's Beauty Supply). i'd be ticked, too!

& i wouldn't go back, either. The only way to fix this would be to lighten your hair, & if they weren't professional enough to inform you of your proper color options, I wouldn't trust them with permanent color / color lifting :yep:

FlawedBeauty

i would think common sense would tell anyone that putting a lighter color on a darker color wont work. usually you will need to use a hair color with some type of bleach in it to make dark hair lighter which can wreak havoc on hair.

discobiscuits

a rinse is different than the semi-permanent color they used on your hair.

rinses (in general) do not have peroxide or ammonia.

semi-perms usually have a little of either peroxide or ammonia but not both (usually a light amount of ammonia) which helps the color last longer and go deeper but it will still wash out over time.

if they used a semi-perm that has either ammonia or peroxide (even a little) that will cause some color lift in your natural hair and you won't notice it (if at all) until the color deposit is all washed out and you will see a very slight difference in your new growth vs the semi-perm colored hair.

i learned this from reading and from experience. i used to use semis until i realized that they lifted color from my hair now i only use rinses that contain no ammonia and no peroxide.