**PICS** & REVIEW: QOD OrganiQ Keratin Treatment on WL Natural Hair

Great job!!!
Her hair is gorgeous

Question for the Naturals. When your new growth starts to grow in, does your hair look & feel like transitioning hair? I'd hate to go thru that again.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

Great question. I'm still new to this but since the Keratin lasts for up to 4 months and wears off over time, I'm guessing that you don't have as big a problem with 2 different textures of hair like you do when you are relaxed and the hair that has been straightened is bone straight forever.

Before I forget, here is the one shot of my youngest daughter's hair without her face showing. This is the "after" and she is wearing a dark shirt so I'm not sure how well you can see her hair. She has WL 3C natural hair. She is 3 days post and her hair still looks really good so I need to take more pics of her :grin:.

Last edited:
Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Paraffinum Liquidum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (And) Methicone (And) Polyquaternium-10 (And) Carbocysteine, Polyquaternium7, Hidrolized Keratin, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein (And) Sodium Benzoate, Theobroma Cacao(Cocoa), Extract Parfum, Cetrimonium Chloride, Bht, Methylchloroisothiazolinona (And)Methylisothiazolinone, Ci 77400.

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Paraffinum Liquidum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (And) Methicone (And) Polyquaternium-10 (And) Carbocysteine, Polyquaternium7, Hidrolized Keratin, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein (And) Sodium Benzoate, Theobroma Cacao(Cocoa), Extract Parfum, Cetrimonium Chloride, Bht, Methylchloroisothiazolinona (And)Methylisothiazolinone, Ci 77400.

Paraffinum Liquidum is mineral oil and Carbocysteine is the ingredient that replaces formeldahyde.

The Organix brand used Carbocysteine initally; however, they recently changed the ingredients in the the 30 day treatment (they have a 14 day treatment too) and use Ethandial (Biforyml) and a plastizer to replace the formeldahyde.

Paraffinum Liquidum is mineral oil and Carbocysteine is the ingredient that replaces formeldahyde.

The Organix brand used Carbocysteine initally; however, they recently changed the ingredients in the the 30 day treatment (they have a 14 day treatment too) and use Ethandial (Biforyml) and a plastizer to replace the formeldahyde.
Oh, i actually thought it was formaldehyde free. Biformyl = formaldehyde derivative.

Oh, i actually thought it was formaldehyde free. Biformyl = formaldehyde derivative.

Kurlee

It is formaldehyde free. Dove mentioned Biformyl being in the Organix Keratin Treatment not the QOD Max Organiq Keratin Treatment

The Organix brand used Carbocysteine initally; however, they recently changed the ingredients in the the 30 day treatment (they have a 14 day treatment too) and use Ethandial (Biforyml) and a plastizer to replace the formeldahyde

Last edited:
I purchased this product this weekend. I can't wait to try it out!

Dove56

I can't wait to see your hair once it's done!!

I did both heads of hair last week Saturday and it has held up really well. No reversion, frizz or puffiness, despite the humid and drizzly weather over the last few days.

Dove56

I can't wait to see your hair once it's done!!

I did both heads of hair last week Saturday and it has held up really well. No reversion, frizz or puffiness, despite the humid and drizzly weather over the last few days.

Biancaelyse,

I am so glad you purchased and reviewed this product. QOD is an awesome brand! I purchased 33 oz of the regular QOD Max awhile ago but I stopped using to become of the formeldahyde even though it's only 0.02% (supposedly) that's why I started using Organix.

I am glad your daughters hair didn't frizz! Are they bone straight with the treatment or still curly/wavy? I would like to grow it back out curly and uses treatments 2-3x a year.

Biancaelyse,

I am so glad you purchased and reviewed this product. QOD is an awesome brand! I purchased 33 oz of the regular QOD Max awhile ago but I stopped using to become of the formeldahyde even though it's only 0.02% (supposedly) that's why I started using Organix.

I am glad your daughters hair didn't frizz! Are they bone straight with the treatment or still curly/wavy? I would like to grow it back out curly and uses treatments 2-3x a year.

I haven't washed their hair since treatment last week. I rinsed it out, there was a slight wave and I blowdried it straight.

I only did 2 passes with the flat iron after applying the keratin treatment so I am expecting their hair to eventually fully revert after a few months.

******************************Bumping to Update**************************

It has been about 4 weeks and this treatment has held up really well. Both kids have really silky and smooth hair with zero frizz. Frizz used to be a huge problem whenever the girls would wear their hair out.

Another huge benefit is that the shedding has virtually stopped. They used to shed a normal amount before but now there is nothing in the comb.

Unlike the Organix 30 Day Keratin Treatment, this one does not wash out. The hair is still silky after several (sulfate free) shampoos.

This treatment would be great for a person that wanted to wear their hair straight fairly often but wants to retain their curls or doesn't want to relax.

Last edited:
@biancaelyse When the 4 months finally pass will the hair return to it's normal curl pattern before the treatment?

DanceOnTheSkylines - here is what I've observed. After 4 weeks with 2 washes, the hair is curly when airdried. To minimize heat, no blowdrying and once the hair is fully dried, I can flat iron on a medium setting and the hair is fully straightened.

The airdried curl pattern so far is a bit straighter and more elongated than before. The 3C sections look more 3B and the daughter with more type 2 sections is 2A.

It's a fabulous product. My fav, thx Bianca for introducing me to this! :) Also, thx for the update!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Very nice, both of their hair looks amazing. I'm going to try this in their smallest size:yep: I bought the Organix but haven't used it because I'm not feeling keeping it in for 48 hours.

-A

Your DD's hair is simply gorg! I love it! The results from QOD make me want to give it a whirl. I'm afraid of Dominican salons, salons period, and most keratin treatments. I've never done a BKT, so my hair is tightly coiled 3c/mostly 4A. I would love to have less frizz and easier blowdrying and straightening. Thanks biancaelyse for posting answers to all the questions!

Tried and really liked. :yep: It really helped loosen the curl in my hair and tempered the bulk in my hair. It also wasn't stinky (it smelled like strawberries) I was a little concerned when I washed it out the first time that my hair would stay stick straight but it didn't. Dried in large corkscrew curls YAY!

My initial wash was with Kendra Clarifying Shampoo.

I'll use the Organix shampoo/conditioner since I already have so much of it (it was on sale, I couldn't help it! :lol:)

I have some crazy allergies and this stuff didn't bother me at all. Thats a definite plus:yep: Will for sure get the larger bottle.

-A

Tried and really liked. :yep: It really helped loosen the curl in my hair and tempered the bulk in my hair. It also wasn't stinky (it smelled like strawberries) I was a little concerned when I washed it out the first time that my hair would stay stick straight but it didn't. Dried in large corkscrew curls YAY!

My initial wash was with Kendra Clarifying Shampoo.

I'll use the Organix shampoo/conditioner since I already have so much of it (it was on sale, I couldn't help it! :lol:)

I have some crazy allergies and this stuff didn't bother me at all. Thats a definite plus:yep: Will for sure get the larger bottle.

-A

Arcadian

Thanks so much for your review.

I recently went natural & have been eyeing this thread. I'm definitely not interested in any formaldehyde brands & was under the impression that non-formaldehyde only worked for type 3s. BTW are you a 3 or 4?

@Arcadian

Thanks so much for your review.

I recently went natural & have been eyeing this thread. I'm definitely not interested in any formaldehyde brands & was under the impression that non-formaldehyde only worked for type 3s. BTW are you a 3 or 4?

I'm on team nappy! 3c in back, 4a/b (at least mostly) in the front. And as you can guess, afterwards it was its looser in back than in the front, but at least now the curls look more uniform and I don't look like I have a mullet:lachen:. The key to me seems be that you maybe need to use a little more if you have a tighter curl, and, when you flat iron, the sections need to be smaller. Flat ironing took me about 2 hours.

I have mega nasty allergies so I was very surprised and happy that this didn't set me or trigger asthma either.

I would certainly do a trial with a smaller size to see how you like it. Took them 3 days to get it to me.

-A

Beautiful job, OP and your daughter have loving hair. I'm fully 4 a/b and will be eyeing thread to see if any of us have good results. I'll die if my hair doesn't nap back up.

ManeStreet Bianca's daughters have looser curl patterns. If you have 4a or 4b hair you have nothing to worry about. I am 3b and 3c and my curls are just fine.:)

Dove56 I went ahead and bought it. I'm excited. I'm mostly 3c with 4a around my edges and 3b on my crown. I'm going to test on a smaller portion first and see how it reacts then do the rest.

ManeStreet, I followed biancaelyse and only did a couple of passes instead of 5-10. My hair will get bone straight from any treatment if I do too many passes of high heat.

Dove56 Yeah I think that's a good idea, I will do less passes because my hair tends to straighten very easily from any chemical processes I've ever done in the past.

I'll start light at first because my overall goal is to still have curl and be able to mainly wear it curly but to have easier detangling and straightening.

ManeStreet, you will LOVE it. I can keep my curls but when I straighten it doesnt expand lol. It is a cysteine based treatment so there's no coating on the hair. It's the best treament hands down.

Ok so I ordered QOD MAX OrganiQ Treatment from keratin4u.com. I ordered late in the day on Friday and received it on Monday. They are in FL and I'm in Cali so obviously they shipped it out super fast. It was secured shipped with bubble wrap and stuffing to make sure it didn't get damaged and there was booklets and additional directions and pamphlets included. They seem like a great company to order from.

Back