Neen said:
Sorry chichi.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's alright. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Chichi, your hair looks really pretty and healthy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, it looks more like a 3 to me because the waves/curls are really small - not that it matters.

I'm sorry about the rude person in your Fotki album.

Tru_Mind

My mom has 2a/b hair which is very easy to deal with. It takes her 30 mins to wash, dry, and style her hair.

After reading Andre Walker "Andre Talks Hair!", I noticed that it's easy to tell if a caucasion person has type 2c, but what does a wavy type 2c look like on a black peron. I still don't know.

Andre says that 2b and 2c has a little more resistant to styling and have a tendency to frizz. He also says that type 2 can easily look like type 3. This hair type stuff is extremely confussing when it comes to type 2's and 3's.

Chi does your hair curve in the "S" shape while laying flate against the scalp, instead of standing away from the head the way type 3 hair does????

Chichi

Thank you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, can you PM me your password? I've always wanted to view your album but just too lazy to ask...

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:
Chi does your hair curve in the "S" shape while laying flate against the scalp, instead of standing away from the head the way type 3 hair does????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is flat against my scalp (it looks like I put a wave in). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
We should all ask Andre! lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna get Andre! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
My neice has type 2 hair. Look in my album under family, I think she is the first pic. There is also another one of her with her baby brother.

Are you transitioning? My hair has deep waves as well if I still have relaxed ends. But Once I chop then it will do a complete spiral or coil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neen that picture of your neice is DEFINATELY 2C hair. My husbands family has hair just like that. I my hubby has type 3b hair, and I have 3b/c hair. His mother has type 2c hair very silky and dark, but his father hair is a very coarse 3b/c hair.

My husbands brother hair is 2C. His hair isn't tightly curled at all. His son has 2C hair as well.

Chichi, your hair looks very similar to Hairlove with is a type 3 to me.

Tru_Mind

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
We should all ask Andre! lol!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
ReaLuvsAOxymoron, maybe we should ask Andre, because he's the one that started this mess. I am still confused.

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:
Neen, it looks like your niece has type 2a hair, because it looks fine in texture.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Honeyhips

Lovely
[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
it looks like type 3 to me

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. Anything with waves isn't automatically a Type 2. Andre Walker, who came up with this 4 "Type" system, characterized Type 4 hair as "z"-shaped, which can also be seen as wavy. Type 2's are basically European-straight hair with a lot of body. Like Jennifer Aniston's. Or Tatjana Ali's and Mariah Carey's or Neen's neice. Yours looks more tightly curled than that, and it is also pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]that is what I thought. I'm confused now b/c when did they add a 2c? Your hair looks likemine. Mine doesn't spiral unless it is long and it spirals at the ends. The rest is wavy, and there is one section where it is coily at the roots.

I also agree you can't tell your type until the relaxer is gone. But the rules have definitely changed from Andre's original set, so I have no clue what is what anymore.

Very pretty pics.

Honeyhips

Lovely
[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:
My mom has 2a/b hair which is very easy to deal with. It takes her 30 mins to wash, dry, and style her hair.

After reading Andre Walker "Andre Talks Hair!", I noticed that it's easy to tell if a caucasion person has type 2c, but what does a wavy type 2c look like on a black peron. I still don't know.

Andre says that 2b and 2c has a little more resistant to styling and have a tendency to frizz. He also says that type 2 can easily look like type 3. This hair type stuff is extremely confussing when it comes to type 2's and 3's.

[/ QUOTE ]I think I have my hair type all wrong. LOL OH WelL! Like someone else said, all types are still purty. I acutally think I have all of them on my head. LOL

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
Honeyhips said:
[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:

[/ QUOTE ]I think I have my hair type all wrong. LOL OH WelL! Like someone else said, all types are still purty. I acutally think I have all of them on my head. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girlie. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Are you natural or relaxed? Do you have some pics?