Type 2 hair

brickhouse

Is there anyone relaxed or natural with type 2 hair? If so was is your regimen? After extending my relaxer and seeing my new growth I found out that I have type 2c but I don't know what products would be good for this hair types.

TIA

SoAnxious12

well heres my products
Shampoo - V05 oasis
Conditioner- V05 oasis
Leave in - Motions
deep conditioner - aubrey organice hair mayonaise
surge revitalizer spray
EVOO
carrot oil
mango butter moisturizer
Wojee Cream (i'm starting not to like this, it does nothing for my hair, can anyone suggest something better?)
and thats all.

brickhouse

Allandra I am such a pj since coming to this board. My hair loves Keracare products and I like the NTM line as well. I am just trying to find out what products works really well for this hair type so I can stop buying so many. I know my hair does not like Aubrey GPB with heat but w/o heat it does well but I have to follow up with a moisturizing con. It also takes my hair forever to dry. I did a co wash last night around 7pm and today at 1pm it is still damp. I know I have to keep it moisturize a lot b/c it has the tendency to be a little dry.

Chichi

I am a 2C too. I just recently simplified my regimen. Here it is in a nutshell:

Daily -

Vitamins: Bargello plan with 1,000 mg of L-Cysteine daily

Weekly -

Conditioner rinse every other day with VO5 Honey and Almond conditioner (or NTM Daily Conditioner)

Wash with NTM shampoo and Deep Mask as a conditioner

Styling: air drying in a bun the majority of the time with braidouts and Dominican blowouts sprinkled in for variety.

Leave-ins: NTM Serum and Silk Touch Leave-in (would like to try Salerm 21...)

Monthly -

The Works! -
Clarify with Pantene Purity clarifYing shampoo followed by KeraCare Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo, followed by Joico K-Pak with heat (for 15-20 minutes), followed by moisturizing deep conditioner with heat (for 20-30 minutes). (Deep conditioner is Kuz Evolution Cream but may be changing this soon...) (This replaces one of my weekly poo washes as described above.)

Leave-ins: same as above

Quarterly -

Relaxer every three to four months with Affirm Fiberguard Lye Mild (starting with next retouch
). Relaxed 60% straight.

As Needed -

Trims: as needed (usually one big trim per year with dustings as needed)

Oils and Grease: Monoi or Alma oils, and Sulfur 8 Light applied as needed. (Sulfur 8 applied to dry hair only and not on my scalp.)

HTH

Chichi

brickhouse

Thanks ladies. Do you think the most important thing for our type of hair is to keep it moisturized and what products are you using daily for moisture?