Permanent Part

DatJerseyDyme

It seems like I have a permanent center part. Whever I take my hair out of my bun, my hair falls on either side and I have a PERFECT center part. Could this be because I wash my hair with this part so often? I airdried my hair with this center part last night, and this morning, I tried to put it into a ponytail, and even in the ponytail I could tell where the part was. Anyone else have this problem and know what I could do about it?

inthepink

Yes, sometimes if I wear a part for so long, it will become almost permanent. I'll have to "train" it to part another way. If you want to switch the part, just keep doing it and combing it so the part is covered. Eventually, it will stop parting on its own.

nekee

My mother used to put my hair in ponytails everyday , so much that if i dared to be different and do a side part that it looks awful on me or the hair just flips back over to it's side

Isis

I have to retrain it too so I can part it differently. I doesn't take too long.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Yes, sometimes if I wear a part for so long, it will become almost permanent. I'll have to "train" it to part another way. If you want to switch the part, just keep doing it and combing it so the part is covered. Eventually, it will stop parting on its own.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

DatJerseyDyme

Thanks for all your responses!

Hairlove: I noticed in your album that you have a center part when you wash your hair..are you exeriencing this now?

inthepink

Yep!

Actually, my part right now is a little off center - off to the left side. I tried doing 'no part' about a month ago and the part just came back on its own. I don't really care right now b/c I don't like the way my hairline looks going straight back.