Permanent Color and Touch up Question

luvmesumhair

I am getting a touch up on 12/20 (2 weeks) and I was wondering if I could color my hair next week (permant color in black) and perm the following week OR should I perm in 2 weeks and wait ANOTHER 2 weeks to color my hair black? Also does it make a different that I am using black as a color rather then a lighter color as far as the waiting period in between?

Thx.

I am getting a touch up on 12/20 (2 weeks) and I was wondering if I could color my hair next week (permant color in black) and perm the following week OR should I perm in 2 weeks and wait ANOTHER 2 weeks to color my hair black? Also does it make a different that I am using black as a color rather then a lighter color as far as the waiting period in between?

Thx.

If your black color is permanent, it is still using 20vol developer. You want to wait the full 2 weeks.

Bump again........

Well, you definately want to wait 2 weeks....but EVERY stylist i have gone too does not advise coloring relaxed hair....it tends to break and get damaged....

If you are not lightening your hair have you tried Sebastians Cellophanes...You can get the bottle and use it like 4 times and it lasts like 6 weeks for me.

Is also a treatment and a deposit only color.....:lick:

ITA with Gymfreak:yep:

Have you used black perm color before. The reason I ask is that many years ago I had bsl hair and let a stylist put black perm color in my hair and it all fell out. No kidding here is an after pic. Just be careful!!

Last edited:
I just got my relaxed hair colored and my hair is healthy. You can have both relaxed and color treated hair that is healthy it just take a lot of work. Must deep condition and stay away from heating tools.

You should relax your hair first and wait 2 weeks to get it colored. Prior to color you should be doing your protein and moisture treatments to build up your hair and keep it healthy and strong. You can always color a perm but NEVER PERM A COLOR.

always color your hair after a relaxer because the relaxer can fade the new color out if done before.

Thanks everyone. Brooklyn 72, yes. I have a black permant color in now. I just wanted to do a touch up on my roots.

I will wait 2 weeks AFTER my touch up to color. Thanks for the advice ladies!

Back