Permanent Color 3 weeks before Retouch

It has been five weeks since I had a retouch. I want to put in a permanent color this weekend. Is three weeks long enough to wait to retouch my hair after I put in this permanent color?

Also, when applying permanent color to do I apply to the ends first and then work my way up? I applied permanent color two years ago and 2 to 3 inches from my roots was lighter. I was told that's because the hair on the ends is older and it takes longer for dye to penetrate.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

tbaby_8

I would do the retouch first and wait 3 weeks to do the color. In between time, do moisture and protein treatments. Relaxers strip color and can cause it to fade.

Also, if you are trying to cover a lighter color, then apply to your ends first then the rest of your head. If you have gray, then apply it to were you have the most gray and then go from there. It is up to you.

honeisos

It has been five weeks since I had a retouch. I want to put in a permanent color this weekend. Is three weeks long enough to wait to retouch my hair after I put in this permanent color?

Also, when applying permanent color to do I apply to the ends first and then work my way up? I applied permanent color two years ago and 2 to 3 inches from my roots was lighter. I was told that's because the hair on the ends is older and it takes longer for dye to penetrate.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

always relax your hair before color ... and two weeks is enough time to wait to color .. do a few protein treatments while you wait to color

color roots first ! then after about 10 min or so .. smooth color to ends .and let set till time is up