Perfect Ends?

Paris Belle

I think I'm a little obsessed. I want my ends to look perfect all of the time which leads me to get trims every time I get a touch-up.

Sometimes I worry that I'm getting split ends, especially in the week(s) closest to touch-up time? Is it just me or do ends look a little different when it's time to get a touch-up? Or after using a protein conditioner? Can someone please stop my madness! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Another question..Maybe this would clear it up for me? Exactly when do you know you have split ends? Is it always see through? Or does it look frizzy? /images/graemlins/weird.gif

I moisturize my hair twice daily and wear protective styles as much as I can (which is about 80%) of the time. I also use a satin cap at night and sleep on a satin pillow.

Please help! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

NAY007

You can tell that you are about to have split ends when you look at your hair and see a little white head on the end of a hair. When you rip one hair out and look at the root of it it's also white, and if the end of your hair looks just like that you might as well cut it off. Cause from then on it will split.
I only get a trim when I see these white heads on my hair. Otherwise they are not really damaged. When I have achieved my goal (whenever that may be) I will dust my hair like every four or six weeks but right now---NOOOOO way.
I think you are taking soo good care of your hair, I can't imagine that you need a trim with every touch up (depending on how long you wait in between touch ups of course). You do want your hair to grow or do just maintain health???
Nay. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paris Belle

Thanks Nay for responding. Now, I really know what to look for.

After I posted, I ran back to the bathroom mirror to check my ends again. I think I'm suffering from dryness. I just did a rollerset the other day and I've worn it out the last two days. Also, my natural hair color is brown and sometimes the ends tend to be lighter than the roots, which makes it look funny sometime.

I use Motions Oil Moisturizer throughout the hair and especially on the ends, but I don't think that it's enough for my ends. I applied my Murray's Oil hair grease to the ends of the hair (instead of vaseline). I really did see a difference immediately.

I'm really too hair obsessed. I was just sooh afraid today when I looked in the mirror that all of my hard work was in vain. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I was really about to cry...It's so sad.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

daviine

Okay, we're gonna have to do lunch soon....since we have the same obsession pretty much. And I also gotta knock some sense /images/graemlins/hammer.gif in that pretty head of yours...I think your hair is beautiful.......

but I know what you mean about those ends.....

smooches.....

Paris Belle

Yes we must do this luncheon soon.

And I am so mad that Daviine is always beating me up about something.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif (You know I'm kidding).
Thanks for all of the encouraging words.