Pantene's Extra Liso Line (extra straight line)

nychaelasymone

I just purchased the combing creme and the conditioner (well at the time, I couldn't read the directions cause their in spanish so I bought both) Luckily my cube mate is fluent in spanish and read me the directions. I'm exploring ways to stretch my relaxer and was wondering if it was overkill to use the creme conditioner and then use the combing creme. The creme conditioner is left on the hair for 3-5 minutes and then rinsed out and the combing creme, u r supposed to use a quarter sized amount, comb through hair and style as desired. It supposedly safe for daily use (the combing cream that is). Well I was wondering if its overkill to use the creme conditioner and then use the combing cream. Also, I just wonder what's in this product that causes the hair to "relax". I think I'm going to e-mail pantene and ask them if these products are safe for black women with relaxed hair. Can never be too cautious. Well just thought I'd share............bTW...the cream conditioner stinks but the combing cream smells delicious. Also that hello hydration smells heavenly........I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm a product junkie. :D

I went to Walmart last night looking specifically for this combing creme. I found the Pantene line, but they did not have the combing creme. I am curious as well as to the "straightening agent". Cuz I don't want to overprocess

Target had the ENTIRE line of Pantene products, Herbal Essence, Garnier Fructis, etc.....I saw a white light when I went down that aisle....it was like the angels were singing.......I mean every product and all their associated things..........I was absolutely amazed. I got that pj itch......I think its time to go to detox. :eek: My cabinets cannot hold much more.

nychaelasymone said:
Target had the ENTIRE line of Pantene products, Herbal Essence, Garnier Fructis, etc.....I saw a white light when I went down that aisle....it was like the angels were singing.......I mean every product and all their associated things..........I was absolutely amazed. I got that pj itch......I think its time to go to detox. :eek: My cabinets cannot hold much more.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are so right - they have all of Pantene's stuff!

angelita842002 said:
can naturals use this?
I would assume so. They are marketing this product towards latino women, so I would think so. I just sent them a bunch of questions, think I'll add this one too.

Serious yall, I wouldn't get so hyped up on the ingredients and what makes it "relax." The only thing that makes the hair smooth is the fact that it is loaded down with cones.:lol: Nothing more nothing less.

Make sure you clarify often for those who plan on using the whole line. Too much cones buildup can cause dryness.

Ps: to the OP I see nothing wrong with using the creme and the conditioner, just make sure you clarify ATLEAST once a month depending on how often you use it. Yes it is safe for relaxed AA women. The ingredients are really nothing out of the ordinary, as "our" product lines contain a lot of the same ingredients.

MizaniMami said:
Serious yall, I wouldn't get so hyped up on the ingredients and what makes it "relax." The only thing that makes the hair smooth is the fact that it is loaded down with cones.:lol: Nothing more nothing less.

Make sure you clarify often for those who plan on using the whole line. Too much cones buildup can cause dryness.

Ps: to the OP I see nothing wrong with using the creme and the conditioner, just make sure you clarify ATLEAST once a month depending on how often you use it. Yes it is safe for relaxed AA women. The ingredients are really nothing out of the ordinary, as "our" product lines contain a lot of the same ingredients.

thank ya kindly for the response.....cones, well era....my hair don't like those too much......

I use their products and I'm a 4a natural who presses. The only thing I noticed was that it causes dryness over time. But I just shampoo twice after using their products. It does just as good as the Paul Mitchell silky straight line. But I should mention that I've only used their Pantene Blow Straight creme and it really REALLY works.

I bought the combing creme from target today , I plan on using it on my daughters hair also (she has naturally curly hair) I think she is becoming a product junkie at 5 as she loves her Scurl...:lol:

MizaniMami said:

Thanks. I see what you mean. If I use this line I will be sure to clarify often.

Okay, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but Extra Liso did not work for me. I did not get the straight relaxed hair that some received. I am 3 months post, and I still had tons of waves after using this. And I put my hair in two ponytails, banded the ends, and tied it down with a durag to air dry.

My hair was also really weighed down after air drying and flat ironing. I had absolutely NO body what so ever. My hair always has body when I flat iron. I'm not certain if it was the Extra Liso or not because I used another new product as well (Nature Garden Shine Enhancing Conditioner).

So, ladies please tell me how you were using the Extra Liso. Maybe I did something wrong.

BTW, I'm going to post this on the other Extra Liso threads as well. So, you may see it again.

nychaelasymone[B said:
]...u r supposed to use a quarter sized amount, comb through hair and style as desired[/B].

You know what. I think I used waaaay more than a quarter sized amount. Mayber that was the problem. I parted my hair in several sections, then applied the combing creme to each part. Kind of like you would if you were greasing your scalp.

Ms_Twana said:
Okay, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but Extra Liso did not work for me. I did not get the straight relaxed hair that some received. I am 3 months post, and I still had tons of waves after using this. And I put my hair in two ponytails, banded the ends, and tied it down with a durag to air dry.

My hair was also really weighed down after air drying and flat ironing. I had absolutely NO body what so ever. My hair always has body when I flat iron. I'm not certain if it was the Extra Liso or not because I used another new product as well (Nature Garden Shine Enhancing Conditioner).

So, ladies please tell me how you were using the Extra Liso. Maybe I did something wrong.

BTW, I'm going to post this on the other Extra Liso threads as well. So, you may see it again.

You know what. I think I used waaaay more than a quarter sized amount. Mayber that was the problem. I parted my hair in several sections, then applied the combing creme to each part. Kind of like you would if you were greasing your scalp.

you may have used too much. I only used a nickle sized portion and I got good results. Not to sure...but remember everything doesn't work for everybody.

nychaelasymone said:
you may have used too much. I only used a nickle sized portion and I got good results. Not to sure...but remember everything doesn't work for everybody.

I think i may have used too much too.

I tried this today and it is pretty good. After shampooing with Roux porisity control and deep condition with Something Special Triple Silk Conditioner, I parted my hair in sections and applied it to the new growth(7 weeks post) and massaged it in. Next I worked the product down my hair. I did not add any extra products to my hair except Profective healthy ends on the ends of my hair. Next I airdried my hair hanging straight and after it was dry, I noticed my hair was silkier and straighter. I usually dont get these results unless I airdry in a ponytail. The only problem is that my new growth is still damp after 10 hours. Next time I will apply less product and see how that works.:)

I was going to Target to buy this, but then remebered that my mom asked me to pick up the combing cream for her a while ago. I asked her about it today and she said she didn't care for it, so it's home with me tonite! I can't wait to use it. I also picked up Hello Hydration everyone keeps talking about. Now I just need to buy some rollers...:look:

nychaelasymone said:
I would assume so. They are marketing this product towards latino women, so I would think so. I just sent them a bunch of questions, think I'll add this one too.

I am not being argumentative here; I just want to express:

(as we know on LHCF) Many Latinos relax their hair, so answering the question " can naturals use this products" and answering as you did, makes it sound like all Latinos are natural ( assumptions that many people make). The marketing genius of Pantene is that they have mass produced very similar (if not the same) products to different segments of society making different claims etc,etc....I am glad they have "recognized" us and latinos etc...but I hope they aren't exploiting the issue now.....Ok that's all Glad the product works!

I just tried Extra Liso combing cream this weekend and love it! Haven't had a relaxer since March 06 and my new growth and relaxed hair can only live harmoniously with tons of gel (I am a daily bun woman as I transition). Even then, my new growth in my hairline curls up by the end of each day (the hair that can't reach my ponytail holder).

With Extra Liso, I don't have to use a drop of gel! I condition wash (DevaCurl One Condition), add leave in (Sebastion Potion # 9), add Extra Liso then brush into a ponytail and wrap with a scarf for about 1/2 hour. I do get some waves since I have about 3-4 inches of new growth, but my hair no longer curls up along the hairline. My relaxed hair in my ponytail also appears to dry straighter with less frizz. So glad I read about Extra Liso in this forum!

Back