Paging Adrienne!!

inthepink

Woops, Adrienne, I had another question along the same lines...How do you keep your hair looking fresh...meaning the part that isn't in the bun. That's what I seem to be struggling with. By the third day, my hair looks like it hasn't been washed in weeks.

adrienne0914

hairlove, i wear my hair in a braided bun with a drawstring ponytail. i have a step-by-step in my picture trail albums. i use a mixture of World of Curls curl activator and alcohol free gel (Fantasia IC right now) all over my hair. the activator moisturizes. the gel keeps it in place.

after i comb it, i smooth my edges with a boar bristle brush. i then put it up in a ponytail. i braid the loose hair and roll it up into a tight bun. i cover that with a baggie and cut off stocking. then i put the ponytail on with two scrunchies. that is my style.

i take the ponytail off nightly and wrap my hair in a scarf. in the morning, i remove the scarf and put more of the activator/gel mix on the edges and resmooth. then i put the ponytail back on and go.

if i wash my hair before work, it's usually still damp when i get home. so i'll take the baggie and stocking off, unbraid the ponytail and let it air dry. i then rebraid and put the baggie and stocking back on and wrap my hair for bed.

as you can see, my ends rarely see the light of day. lol! this has been working for me for a couple of years now though.

Tjiui

FANTABULOUS HAIR! YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION- IT'S LIKE YOU'RE TAKING ME ROPE WALKING BY THE HAND: ONE STEP, AFTER THE NEXT, AFTER THE NEXT...... BTW- IS THAT YOUR HEAD OF HAIR ON THE LHCF HOME PAGE????

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue">Thanks for your responce Adrienne!

I use a drawstring pony 100% of the time now cause I have a tons of roots. I'm going to try washing once a week cause I hate seeing all that hair coming out during detangling. I haven't been shower combing for awhile so I'll give it a try.
Next time I will deep condition for 30min, detangle just before I shower and during the shower wide tooth comb. Then use a smaller tooth comb after I put my leavins to make a nice smooth bun.
I have a drane catcher now....its great cause the tub doesn't get clogged anymore but now I can tell how much hair is coming out.
Most of the strans of hair are long with with bulb on the end so i'm pretty sure its just sheadding but I still hate to see it.
</font>

RabiaElaine

Hi Adrienne,

Quick question about when you were braiding your hair. I noticed that you said you didn't relax the entire time you wore different sets of braids. How long did you keep up with your braid regimen? Was it difficult for your stylist to relax your hair being that you had 2 different textures going and you had a lot of each texture?

I'm wearing braids finally after 2 years, and I think I go without relaxing in between sets of braids, I'm just concerned about doing that first touch up after many months of not relaxing. It'll be almost like a virgin perm. How did you handle this.

BTW if any of you ladies have any advice regarding this please let me know.

Thanks

TwistNMx

hI Adrienne,

Your hair is fabulous. It just keeps getting better. I was away for quite some time so it's nice to know that you are still here ;-)
HP

adrienne0914

thanks to seniqua for pointing me in this direction! it's been quite some time since i've been to the board. so i apologize for taking so long to respond. i hope all the homies are doing well, and hello to all the new faces!

rabia, i wore the braids for 8 months. it seemed like it was alot longer at the time. i really liked them and actually plan on getting more soon. i didn't do anything special when finally getting my hair retouched again. if anything, it seemed like it was easier because there was so much new growth to work with, and the line of demarcation was so obvious.

alli, thanks for the compliment! :yep:

kitty, i haven't updated my straight pics because there really isn't anything new to show. if anything my hair is shorter than it was in the last straight pic. so i'm kinda sad... hence the braids. i've gotten to the point where i don't like wearing the bun anymore. so i'm wearing the braidout, but having to sacrifice some length in the process. i figure the braids will reel me in for a while.
here's a recent pic of the braidout:

high priestess, i've been gone for a while too, but i'm still here also. i'm glad to see you checking in too. i hope all is well with you.

Last edited:

AJamericanDiva

adrienne0914 said:
thanks to seniqua for pointing me in this direction! it's been quite some time since i've been to the board. so i apologize for taking so long to respond. i hope all the homies are doing well, and hello to all the new faces!

rabia, i wore the braids for 8 months. it seemed like it was alot longer at the time. i really liked them and actually plan on getting more soon. i didn't do anything special when finally getting my hair retouched again. if anything, it seemed like it was easier because there was so much new growth to work with, and the line of demarcation was so obvious.

alli, thanks for the compliment! :yep:

kitty, i haven't updated my straight pics because there really isn't anything new to show. if anything my hair is shorter than it was in the last straight pic. so i'm kinda sad... hence the braids. i've gotten to the point where i don't like wearing the bun anymore. so i'm wearing the braidout, but having to sacrifice some length in the process. i figure the braids will reel me in for a while.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/blog/42f7f004zeedc20f9/4/__sr_/b015.jpg?mgwjlCDB6OTEXQv_

high priestess, i've been gone for a while too, but i'm still here also. i'm glad to see you checking in too. i hope all is well with you.

Girl, you and me both! I pop in from time to time but don't get to live on the board like I did before "pre-baby"....

TwistNMx

adrienne0914 said:
i haven't updated my straight pics because there really isn't anything new to show. if anything my hair is shorter than it was in the last straight pic. so i'm kinda sad... hence the braids. i've gotten to the point where i don't like wearing the bun anymore. so i'm wearing the braidout, but having to sacrifice some length in the process. i figure the braids will reel me in for a while.

I think your braids are really cute. Don't worry. There's so much new news about me...a lot...I'll send you a PM if interested:look:
HP