Paging Adrienne!!

Armyqt

Hey Adrienne, just wanted to say that I just took a look a your album and I noticed that you've just posted another progress pic. Your hair looks AWESOME, as usual
. Girl in no time you will be at waist length. You are really an inspiration to us relaxed heads. Keep up the good work and happy hair growing

Side Note: I'm about to pull out my vaseline

serena

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You are really an inspiration to us relaxed heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely.

H

honey_jammz82

Yezz, Adrienne...I am in love with your hair, all my friends and family have either seen your pics or they have been given an animated description of your hair by me because you are my hair role model....lol. YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!!CUZ I AM DEFINATLEY PROUD OF YOU..LOL!!!!!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Ditto Ms. Secretive Picture Adding Woman! It looks great. Hey, I'd call it waist length at this point

SweetNic_JA

Adrienne I've already said that you and Pebbles are my hair rolemodels. You two have got it going on with your hair... My first goal is to grow this inbetween-stage hair to pebbles length and then to collar bone. I have fiiine 4a/4b hair so it takes a lot of work. Looking at your pictures give me inspiration.

adrienne0914

LOL! you're all too sweet. i hate that pic because i just seem to keep getting fatter, but i posted it anyway. i'm hoping that by the end of the summer, i won't have to cut the rolls out the pics.

anyway, i got a retouch after five months. she used the Affirm Lye again. she didn't base my scalp though. i asked her to, but when i thought she was basing, she was applying the relaxer. she started to smooth it, which i hate, so i acted like it was burning so she'd wash it out. i don't think i'll be going to her for a retouch again...

i don't think i'm quite at waist length, but i'm pretty close. i thought by the end of summer but probably october like i originally anticipated. whenever it is, i'm just grateful!!

thanks y'all for noticing!

adrienne

Mahalialee4

Adrienne: Please post the link. Would love to see your lovely hair. Congratulations on all the good stuff you are doing to your hair and to your success.
Bonjour.

kenyana

You have beautiful hair Adrienne!! Length, Health, Shine...
U have got it all.
Keep up the amazing results!

Tonya

Adrienne your hair is gorgeous!!!! And your back does not look fat! Your hair is about to cover it up even if it was!!

Also your little man is ADORABLE!!!

SexyGyrlNY

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Armyqt said:
Hey Adrienne, just wanted to say that I just took a look a your album and I noticed that you've just posted another progress pic. Your hair looks AWESOME, as usual
. Girl in no time you will be at waist length. You are really an inspiration to us relaxed heads. Keep up the good work and happy hair growing

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!

carrie

Adrienne as usual, you are looking good! Such an inspiration. Stop worrying about the back fat! You've done the hard part...growing a beautiful head of hair. The rest is easy

Honi

There is no board.
My sentiments exactly. Beautiful hair gurlie! You had me crackin up about the back fat!
I think you will be waist length by September though. Keep up the good work!

Tracy

WOW......

Adrienne - as ever I am impressed and inspired. Keep on keepin' on girl cuz you have the growth and health thing down pat.....

Thank you so much for continuously sharing youyr progress.

Lindy

WOW Adrienne

Your hair is simply gorgeous!! You are TRULY a hair inspiration!! You GROW, girl!!!!

And BTW, I hate the way my back looks in pictures, too!!

leejure

Isn't it gorgeous! Everytime I see Adrienne's hair (after I get past the jealous part) I get motivated all over again and I realize that this funky bun just may not be as funky as I thought it was!)

-lee

RabiaElaine

Wow Adrienne!! You're hair is gorgeous. I was wondering what everyone was raving about, but now I see. You are truly my shero when it comes to that hair. I wish I can be as committed as you are. I think I need to start my own album to track my progress. Can you post ur regimen, please? Thanks.

Lucia

Adrienne,
u grow girl, your hair is so close to waist length I'd say max 3" and your there. Congratz

Faith

I agree with everyone especially Leejure. I get to hating the interlocks and braids and then I see your hair and it motivates me to keep them in longer. I have ran out of adjectives to describe your hair....

Btw, when you turned around and I saw it, it looked longer on the web cam....hmmmm..maybe it was still too curled in the pics.

adrienne0914

once again, thanks everyone for the positive feedback! anyone who has ever posted pics knows how good it feels to get so much support and love from others who share the same goal!

rabiaElaine, i'm sure you are just as committed as i am. believe me, it has not taken much from me. the less i do, the more progress i make. so i try to consistently do very little... seriously!!
here is the regime that i've been using for the last couple of years:

• Adrienne's Regime •

In my opinion, these are the two most important rules to achieving your goals:

1. Find the products that are right for your hair, and stop switching to other stuff when someone recommends things.

2. Leave your hair alone as much as possible. This was more important than the first for me. I used to blow dry and curl my hair twice a week. After I got braids and did nothing, that's when it grew. They're not for everybody, but if you can sport them, I highly recommend it.

My hair policy is "less is more"... less manipulation... less heat... less product switching... I put different stuff on my hair depending on how I’m wearing it. So I’ll list it separately. Basically, I’ve been washing my hair once a week. If my scalp is itching bad, I’ll either rinse and condition or wash again depending on why it's itching (dandruff vs. sweaty). I wear my hair up 90% of the time. I think this has helped keep my ends from thinning too much.

UPDO:
- Wash with prescription-strength Nizoral and KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoos. I let the Nizoral sit for at least five minutes because I have psoriasis. Then I use the KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo.

- Condition with KeraCare Humecto Cream conditioner. Every other week, I do a protein conditioning with Aubrey GPB.

- Apply Elasta QP Recovery and finger comb. Then apply a mixture of 1/2 World of Curls Activator and 1/2 Let's Jam gel and smooth down for ponytail.

- For the bun: I put Vaseline on my ends, and braid the hair. I tuck it under, wrap a baggie over it. Then I cover it with a cut-off stocking. I put the drawstring ponytail over the stocking and put two scrunchies around it.

- At night, i take off the ponytail and wrap my head with silk or satin scarf.

DOWN:
- Wash and condition same as above

- Apply Elasta QP Recovery and finger comb. Then I work a small amount of Breakthru Heat Style Protecting Foam through my hair. I blow dry on a medium setting. Then I curl or flat iron on 7 or 8 setting. I usually roll it as I go to get the hair out of my way. After I’m finished curling, and before I comb it, I ALWAYS spray some kind of sheen on (right now, it's KeraCare) and rub Avon Dry Ends Serum through it. Both of these products prevent breakage from static. The Avon stuff also smells great! I sometimes use Kiehl’s Crème with Silk Groom in place of either of the other products. I always use two of them though. Lol!

- I wrap my hair every night, and use the Caruso rollers in the morning. I LOVE those things! I put both the KeraCare sheen and Avon Serum on before I comb it in the morning.

TRIMS:
- Never on a schedule, only when needed

RELAXER:
- Affirm Lye every 4 months

VITAMIN REGIME:

here are the vitamins i take and why:

- Central-Vite Multi Vitamin with Antioxidants (1/day)
• overall health

- Kal Super Silica Plus, 400mg (1/day)
• hair growth rate, nail health

- Country Life Biotin, 5mg (1/day)
• hair growth rate, psoriasis, nail health

- TriMedica MSM, 1000mg (1/day)
• hair health, allergies, joint health

- Vitamin Shoppe Evening Primrose Oil, 1300mg (1/day)
• EFA, psoriasis, cholesterol

- Nature's Bounty Combo Vitamin C &amp; E (1/day)
• C (500mg): antioxidant, boosts immune system, aids vitamin absorption
• E (400IU): antioxidant, boost immune system

- Vitamin Shoppe Pantothenic Acid/B5 (3/day)
• hair thickness, growth rate, acne

I take all of the supplements at once first thing in the morning with my protein shake. I haven't experienced any discomfort from doing it this way. Oh, I do this with the exception of the B5, which I do a split dosage of. I take two in the morning, and one at night. I think everything that I take benefits my body in other ways in addition to my hair.

adrienne0914

nah, it was almost straight on the pics. i had just taken it down from being wrapped. no biggie. as long as it keeps growing, i can wait to get to waist length. i'm really wondering more and more what i'll do once i get there.