Packed New Growth

pinkcar2222

OK so i am on my 8th week of stretching and getting a touch-up next week cuz my hair has been starting to break off pretty bad.

I'm having trouble w/ my new growth. It's all packed down to my scalp and i don't know what to do to combat it and ease some of the tightness it has. Even if i comb it w/ a wide tooth comb i hear it snapping off and see hair all in the comb & going into the garbage.

I am cowashing and using s-curl for the new growth but once it dries it's all packed again. The only way i style my hair is straight back in a loose pony tail.

Any suggestions on how to ease this packed hair dilema?

chicacanella

OK so i am on my 8th week of stretching and getting a touch-up next week cuz my hair has been starting to break off pretty bad.

I'm having trouble w/ my new growth. It's all packed down to my scalp and i don't know what to do to combat it and ease some of the tightness it has. Even if i comb it w/ a wide tooth comb i hear it snapping off and see hair all in the comb & going into the garbage.

I am cowashing and using s-curl for the new growth but once it dries it's all packed again. The only way i style my hair is straight back in a loose pony tail.

Your hair is breaking off and you are moisturizing it? What is your hair type?

Will your stylist be able to do your touch without your hair breaking off or ripping through it?

Moroni

Hey, Pinkcar, when my NG gets out of hand like that, I keep it moist....that is, I don't allow it to become dry at all. I wear my hair in a bun, and spread the hair down to the scalp with my fingers, and spray my solution (SCurl, water/glycerine mixture, whatever) directly onto the NG several times per day. Before washing, I mix honey and EVOO with a cheapie conditioner for a prepoo, and use heat for about 30 minutes...this makes my NG feel like it's being relaxed...soft as butter. Then when I get into the shower, I detangle under the water spray. This helps me so much that I don't get very much breakage. I don't wash 7 days before my relaxer, but I continue to keep the NG moist, and my stylist has no problem getting through it. HTH

LunadeMiel

You should try applying some mane and tail carrot oil cream to you root and comb it out. I use it on my little sister (she has some of the tightest, dryest curls I've ever seen) and it works wonders. It smooths it out and makes it easier to comb through. HTH

pinkcar2222

I have 4b hair. The texture of my hair is really, really, really coarse. I know when she had done my touch-ups she does not comb thru, she smooths instead.

I just don't know what to do.

charmtreese

Im 12 weeks post today and my ng is under control do to daily scalp massages with jojoba oil (I actually use WEN fig oil, however its nothing more than jojoba and essentials).

chicacanella

I have 4b hair. The texture of my hair is really, really, really coarse. I know when she had done my touch-ups she does not comb thru, she smooths instead.

I just don't know what to do.

Maybe you should try an oil wash next time after you wash your hair. IDK.

I haven't had a relaxer since June 7 and I keep my hair in cornrows after detangling it and I co-wash, deep condition and moisturize in cornrows. I am wearing a wig.

MiWay

How about washing or CW'ing and rollersetting? Your NG may not get super straight, but it should be manageable.

gymfreak336

Hey pink!

My newgrowth gets packed down too. What helps me is sitting under the dryer for a couple of minutes and then use my fingertips to massage my scalp through the plastic cap. I also make sure I massage the leave in conditioner down to my roots too. That way, as my hair dries, the newgrowth doesn't shrink as much.