Ovation vs. Megatek!!

Ovation vs Megatek

• Total voters

twinkletoes17

Hey ladies! I've been paying close attention to the Ovation/Megatek and I wanted to ask: which is better? I guess it doesn't really matter whether or not you've used both, but why do you like the one you use? Or not like?

I'm really considering buying one of the two. I'm leaning towards Ovation even though Megatek sounds mega awesome lol.

lexi84

there was already a thread on this....and a poll in that thread. So I bumped it for you.:yep:

RZILYNT

I have tried them both. I have gotten the same results.:yep: Personal preference and the pocket book have been the driving force between choosing.

RZ~

JustKiya

Here's the previous poll on the same topic.

I really think it's a personal choice, based on the flexibility of your pocketbook, and either will give you excellent results :lol:

moonglowdiva

I guess I'm at a disadvantage because I haven't tried the Ovation Cell because price is an object. I lub the MT though. Made my hair grow.

BrittanyH26

MT is better on my wallet, agree. I haven't tried Ovation because it is hard to ship internationally if your paypal account isn't international. I hear they do 2 different things though: MegaTek thickens the hair, while Ovation makes it grow. I am not certain, but this is what other ladies have said.

JustKiya

MT is better on my wallet, agree. I haven't tried Ovation because it is hard to ship internationally if your paypal account isn't international. I hear they do 2 different things though: MegaTek thickens the hair, while Ovation makes it grow. I am not certain, but this is what other ladies have said.

Not quite.

They both make your hair grow, and they both make your hair thicker. MT makes it thicker before you see growth, and OCT gives you growth before you see thickness - at least that's how it's been falling out, thus far.

njerannce

I havent tried ovation but im currently using mega tek. Ive been using it for about 3 weeks and i apply it every other day (or everyday when i can be bothered). My hair is naturally quite thick but since i got it texturised it started to feel a little bit thinner. Since using Mega tek its SO much thicker and ive got some good new growth (i think) and i only had a retouch just over a month ago.

SelfStyled

I like ovation better than MT. Just Kiya is right they will both make your hair hrown and be thicker. My experience with OCT has been length and now 6 months later my hair is noticeably thicker, but it just kind crept up on me. My hair didn't do well w/ the MT- I noticed an increase in breakage.

Last edited:

ajacks

I'm using both. OCT daily on the scalp and MT on wash days on the length of the hair. I justed started this recently. Trying to capitalize on the length and thickness at the same time :grin:

The Princess

I use Ovation and notice length. SO basically its up to you, both will give you great results. Everyone has their personal reason for chosing one over the other.

Prayin4FullWL2012

I have use Oct and Mega Tek. I have brought the gal size of Mega Tek, for thickness and it does work. But if I had the money I would only use Oct. I got to wait until income tax, or some back money so that I can get like 2 or 3 bottles at a time, because I am looking for length so that I can get to my certain levels such as BSL and MBL. I have the thickness by not perming my hair for 8 months and 2 weeks, plus using the Mega Tek. But now I need the length and the OCT gave me that with every bottle. I went from SL with one bottle and then with the next bottle I went to APL now I need to get pass BSB and move on to BSL so I need another bottle, and another one for MBL. So I need like three more bottles all together, because I am heavy handed, That is like 150 dollars and it is very well worth it because it really works for my hair, but they be having speacials around the holidays and if you are apart of the forum they will give discount.:grin:

PistolWhip

I have used both and found OCT gave me more inches than Megatek. I just wish that OCT was less expensive. I just can't justify spending that much even though I love the product.They say you get what you pay for.(*kanye shrug*)