2010 OCT/MegaTek Challenge (July 31 - Dec 31)

Ms_CoCo37

Okay so, this is my very first challenge!:dance7:

This challenge is based on the reviews I received for Ovation Cell Therapy and/or MegaTek in the link below:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=482474

I received mixed reviews for both products. Sooo…the PJ in me purchased both (so I could judge for myself), and I’d love to have a little company while doing it. :yep:

Now, here are the details for the challenge:

ALL ARE WELCOME
To give everyone time to purchase their products, we can officially start on July 31st. I’m thinking we can do a reveal on December 31st (let me know your thoughts on this).

• Post a starting pic here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=487830
  • Use the OCT and/or MegaTek a minimum of 3x/week
  • Let us know your reggie (additional products, co-washing, protective styles, etc.)
    [*]Check in at least twice a month and let us know how you’re doing
Simple as that! :grin:

Now who’s in? (Looking at January Noir) :look:

1. Ms_CoCo37
  2. LadySaraii
  3. Gemini350z
  4. IJanei
  5. YaniraNaturally
  6. Grow
  7. NicBenny
  8. SunnyGirl807
  9. GANicole
  10. mEmYSELFaNDj
  11. SexySin985
  12. EtherealEnigma
  13. DrMuffin
  14. *closer*2*my*dreams*
  15. Prayin4FullWL2012
  16. Jordan S.
  17. DetroitDiva
  18. cheerleaderbody
  19. CherryCherryBoomBoom
  20. OsnapCnapp!
  21. MaxandSally
  22. Br*nzB*mbsh~ll
  23. longlady
  24. BalanceGoals2009
  25. Poopiedoo
  26. Changed
  27. Poutchi
  28. ObsessedW|Hair
  29. ChiChi08
  30. Valerie
  31. Kandigyrl
  32. ShyIntellect
  33. Sithembile
  34. Afrolatina
  35. Wanji
  36. Moniquenuss
  37. lawyer2be371
  38. bluediamond0829
  39. Jerseygirl1977
  40. SerenityBlaque
  41. Platinum
  42. Loveisinthehouse
  43. Mizzy247
  44. Stacia82
  45. CurlyLuul
  46. preciouslove0x
  47. Nightingale
  48. Sonia1965
  49. Rossy2010
  50. Libertysince05
  51. Quita
  52. Mrs.N_Lugo
  53. DaDragonPrincess
  54. DRJones
  55. JWhitley6
  56. ZeeontheGrow
  57. CandyCotton
  58. Ojemba
  59. Rianne018
  60. MzTease
  61. MaryB
  62. ArizonaBeauty
  63. NubianPrize
  64. Jovan787
Ladies! Thanks to some digging around I found a post that I thought would be very useful to all of us! This post was originally posted by Shimmy (thanks girl, wherever you are!!!:grin::grin::grin:):

Attention Newbies!

Help Notes for using Ovation Cell Therapy an Mega Tek

Rule #1 - Forget reading this entire thread. Yes...forget it. It's too overwhelming and you only be more confused on use of these products.

Rule # 1 - I am ON PURPOSE omitting all of the EXTRA's (even my extras I've shared in earlier posts) that so many us have listed in our regimes.

I am posting the Simple Method which is ALL anyone needs to follow.

Rule #3 - Relax and Allow your Hair to Grow...It will.

Steps for Using these products that WORK!

I. Ovation Hair Care System

www.ovationhair.com

Main Product in this system that produces Growth:

Ovation Cell Therapy - The Growth Product

http://www.ovationhair.com/OvationStore.asp?ac=lk&cat=2

How to use:

1. Apply to scalp as you would hair oil or hair grease and gently massage into your scalp with the pads (soft part) of your fingers.

2. Leave on your scalp for at least an hour then rinse your scalp with lukewarm water and proceed with your favorite hair conditioner. Place in protective style.

3. OR --- leave in overnight and rinse out in the morning. Place hair in protective style.

That's it. You're done!

3. How often? At least 3 times a week. Each night is fine, but 3 times a week is plenty. I know because I've done so.

You do not need all three Ovation products. Although I have the complete system, I mainly use the Cell Therapy.

II. Mega Tek -- Same as above

1. Apply to scalp as you would a scalp conditoner or hair grease.
2. Gently massage the prduct into scalp with soft pads of your fingers.
3. Leave in at least one hour or overnight.
4. Rinse out, condition hair with favorite hair conditioner.
5. Put hair in protective style.

Which Product does what?

Mega Tek will thicken your hair -- fast! It will also strenghten your hair which will lenghten your hair.

Ovation Cell Therapy will lengthen your hair --- fast! It just doesn't thicken as quickly as the Mega Tek does. But it sure gives the length.

Shampooing your hair....

As often or as little as you wish. I use shampoo only once a month.

However, at least 3 times a week, I Condition-Wash with my favorite conditioner. After I rinse, the conditioner out, I apply either Ovation or Mega Tek to my scalp. If I'm sleepy, I leave it in overnight.

I even go out in public with this product in my hair. Ain't nobody gonna grow my hair but me, so I could care less about what anyone thinks.

Key Principle - Make it easy on yourself. The only method to focus upon is that this is a scalp treatment. And it's not complicated

Do your thing with it and forget about all of the extras, such as the oils, and whatever else you've been reading. You DO NOT NEED IT!

Oiling Your Scalp:

Only if you want to. And if so, use either Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. They are growth oils.

If you want to mix a little oil with the Ovation or Mega Tek, you can, but you do not have to. It's only an option. However, if you do, only use Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. Again, these are growth oils.

SHEDDING

It's happens, but do not panick. I had major shedding after the 3rd week of Ovation, but I survived and so did my hair.

Garlic saved the day and my hair and my nerves Garlic stops the shedding.

Garlic Tabs:

Internally: Take 1 -3 tablets per day. That's all you need. Don't overload on this because it's not necessary.

Externally: Make a garlic paste as follows:

About 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder (not Garlic Salt -- Powder only)

Mix with with enough Castor Oil (or Olive Oil or Jojoba Oil) to make a thin paste.

Apply this Garlic paste onto and into your entire head, hair and scalp. Cover your head with plastic cap and leave this mixture on your head for a least one hour. YOU DO NOT NEED HEAT!. Your body heat is quite sufficient. I use one of those gold mylar (foil) plastic caps and it truly heats up my hair on its own.

Now wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition your hair. Place into a protective style and Smile! Cause your shedding has just been 'checked' ...

Now if you want to spend extra money, you can purchase the Alter Ego Garlic Hair cream conditioner. I love this product and it smells so light and fresh and it works!

Here's one of many links for the product:

http://www.ibeautyny.com/goods_detail.asp?goodsIdx=2157

Moisture:

Keep your hair moisturized as well. Do what you know is best for moisturizing your hair. Use your favorite DC's (Deep conditioning products/regimes). Just make it easy for YOU. That's the Key --- making it easy for you to maintain.

Other Proteins:

Stay away from them. Both of these products are protein heavy and you do not need other proteins. It will dry your hair.

Here's a Treat for your Hair:

"The Kiya Fizzie" --- The KF Solution from our family member "Just Kiya"

Add a little Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon) to a huge handful of your favorite hair conditioner. Any conditioner of your choice.

Mix well and apply to your hair. Cover with Plasic cap for at least an hour. Rinse out and your hair will be as soft as can be. This also Relaxes the ends of your hair. See pic #4 in my siggy pikistrip. Treat yourself to the Kiya Fizzie once a week. Your hair will love you for it.

Ladies this is it! I am so sorry for adding to the confusion. We all want to grow our hair super fast, well this is it! When I stopped adding all of the extras my hair grew. The only 'extra' in my regime is the use of the Garlic. That's it. My hair grew even faster.

Okay............now go grow that hair!

Here are a few more reference threads:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=204301
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=288767
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=311619&highlight=megatek+challenge+thread

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

I haven't received my products yet.:nono: I expect the MegaTek to arrive on Tuesday, and the OCT should be here by Friday at the latest.

I'll still post my current reggie:

Right now, since we're in the hot summer months, I like to do daily co-washing and wear wash n' gos. My staple products are:

HE - Long Term Relationship (defines my curls like no other)
HE - Hello Hydration
Taliah Waajid Black Shampoo & Herbal Condish
Giovanni Smooth as Silk (Extreme Protein Infusion, Tea Tree Triple Threat Invigorating Shampoo, Deeper Moisture Condish)
Henna (normally every 3 mos., but I think I'll shoot for 1x/mo)
Coconut/Vatika/Amla Oils
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Condish
QP Mango Butter (the original formula)

I'm going to have to switch things up a bit when my products arrive. I'm hoping some OCT/MegaTek veterans will join the thread and lend their expertise. January Noir has already said she will pop in and out. :grin:

I'll post my pic when we get closer to the start of the challenge.

Last edited:

Gemini350z

I will join, I have both products already, but never used them frequently enough to see the results.

Minty

will you be using both?

This sounds like a great challenge. I'm in a few too justicefighter, but they don't contradict eachother. Hmmm, let me dig out my Ovation.

But I won't post a starting pic here - its in my page album though.

You've got my support but I'm going to sideline it too.

Ijanei

I will also join...first time trying this stuff so hopefully I have great results like the others:ohwell:
my order should be here this week. In the meantime, I'm gonna search thru the threads to find out how do you actually use this:perplexed

will post a starting pic closer to the end of the month along with my reggie

Last edited:
Hi Ms. Coco! I'll join your challenge :yep: I've been using MT for a few months now so I'll continue with that. MT has been working really well for me and my hairline has thickened up considerably. Thankfully I haven't had an increase in shedding or anything unusual.

My MT mix has MT, five drops of SAA, and ten of JBCO.

I'll post a pic around the 31st after I wash and straighten my hair.

I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding MT. From the research I did before using MT and my own experience I suggest only applying this to the scalp. When people experience protein overload from these products it's usually a result of applying it to the entire length of their hair.

Oops forgot to post my reggie. Wash once a week w/ HE HH (until I can restock my TJ Nourish Shampoo). Condition with Organix Coconut Milk or TJ Nourish Spa. Then DC with Aussie 3 min for a bit. Seal with Coconut Oil. I just bought Aphogee last week so I haven't figured out how often I want to use it.

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Joining, never used either. Where can I find the products?

Welcome Nic! I purchased my MegaTek from Amazon.com. If I recall, I paid $29.25 for a 16 oz bottle:

I purchased my OCT from ovationhair.com:

(I purchased the whole system for $96.49. If you mention that you heard about them from LHCF you'll get a 10% discount)

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ms. Coco! I'll join your challenge :yep: I've been using MT for a few months now so I'll continue with that. MT has been working really well for me and my hairline has thickened up considerably. Thankfully I haven't had an increase in shedding or anything unusual.

My MT mix has MT, five drops of SAA, and ten of JBCO.

I'll post a pic around the 31st after I wash and straighten my hair.

I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding MT. From the research I did before using MT and my own experience I suggest only applying this to the scalp. When people experience protein overload from these products it's usually a result of applying it to the entire length of their hair.

Yanira, I was sooooo hoping you would join this challenge!:grin: We will definitely be needing your expertise.:yep:

I'm in (fingers crossed). I'm bad at coming up with challenges.

I will post pictures on start date. I will apply MT is scalp only every other day. Co-wash twice a week.

Ms_CoCo37

will you be using both?

I am going to use both...but I don't think I'll use them at the same time...I don't know enough about them to start mixing things up (I want progress, not setbacks). :yep:

I'd like to start out with the OCT and try that for the first month or so, to see how I like it. Then I'll switch over to the MegaTek to see if there is a difference between the two.

What I really need to do is keep searching through older threads to see how others have developed their reggies. Then, I'll have a better idea of how to customize my own reggie.

ladysaraii

I see I was added.

I'm washing my hair approx every 3-4 days and so on wash days I will be apply OCT to my scalp and hair for 3-5 minutes and then wash out and condition.

In another thread someone also mentioned using OCT and water on edges everyday. I think I will try this b/c my edges in a dire need of some help. :nono:

Starting pics

Ms_CoCo37

I see I was added.

I'm washing my hair approx every 3-4 days and so on wash days I will be apply OCT to my scalp and hair for 3-5 minutes and then wash out and condition.

In another thread someone also mentioned using OCT and water on edges everyday. I think I will try this b/c my edges in a dire need of some help. :nono:

Starting pics

There you are! :grin: I was hoping you would pop on.

Although it's hard to tell, I have issues with my edges as well. My main concern is this thin spot (I'm obsessed). Right now, I have a three finger forehead. I'm not trying to advance to four fingers.:look:

GANicole

I would like to join as well. I have both products but I think I will start with MT just because I would love to see an increase in thickness. Maybe I can alternate the products... I will know closer to the starting date. I will post my starting pic closer to the start date as well. Good luck!

Ms_CoCo37

I would like to join as well. I have both products but I think I will start with MT just because I would love to see an increase in thickness. Maybe I can alternate the products... I will know closer to the starting date. I will post my starting pic closer to the start date as well. Good luck!

Hi Nicole! Have you been using both products for long?

mEmYSELFaNDj

Im in. i bought my megatek today. i mixed my mt 5oz with mn2oz, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and grapeseed oil 2oz.

i will cowash a couple times a week with either suave almond and shea butter, suave humectant, or mane and tail. add leave in infusium 23. then i will apply my mt mixture after every cowash to my scalp. then moisturize(s-curl and ntm leave in) and seal(castor oil). do 1 acv rinse and 1 black tea rinse per week. everyday i dont cowash i will apply my oil concotion(evoo,evco,castor oil, grapeseed, wheat germ, peppermint, tea tree, argan, sulfur powder) to my scalp.

i'll be using weave installs as my protective style. im in an install right now so my starting pic is from may 14th. im not taking this down until sep 1st. i will update with a new length check then.

Attachments

• IMG_0473-1-1.jpg
    IMG_0473-1-1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Im in. i bought my megatek today. i mixed my mt 5oz with mn2oz, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and grapeseed oil 2oz.

i will cowash a couple times a week with either suave almond and shea butter, suave humectant, or mane and tail. add leave in infusium 23. then i will apply my mt mixture after every cowash to my scalp. then moisturize(s-curl and ntm leave in) and seal(castor oil). do 1 acv rinse and 1 black tea rinse per week. everyday i dont cowash i will apply my oil concotion(evoo,evco,castor oil, grapeseed, wheat germ, peppermint, tea tree, argan, sulfur powder) to my scalp.

i'll be using weave installs as my protective style. im in an install right now so my starting pic is from may 14th. im not taking this down until sep 1st. i will update with a new length check then.

My MegaTek should be here tomorrow and I can't wait!:grin:

It sounds like you have your reggie down to a science. Are you mixing the MT with oils to keep your from shedding or to keep it from drying out?...or both?

SexySin985

I want in.

Ijust foundmy old bottle of MT and I started back using it for the last 3 days or so.

I had good results with it which leads me to wonder why I ever stopped using it.

:spinning:

HauteHippie

I'm in! I'll have to order OCT as soon as I can, but I still have some Megatek. I have a full sew in @ the moment, but may take it out by the end of July (I miss my hair!). I currently have about 5-7 inches of hair except for in a few random spots I cut...

I co-wash every 2-3 days with Suave Almond and Shea Butter (I may bump it up to everyday depending on my workout. Regardless, I water my hair daily). Spray my hair alternately with Aussie Moist or Mane and Tail leave-in with Giovanni Direct Leave-in and aloe pieces mixed in the bottle. When my hair is out I like to use the Giovanni or Ojon Tunu lines. I only deep condition when my hair is out-- bad, I know. I either use LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol or Ojon Restorative treatment to deep condition depending on what my hair feels like, sometimes I'll mix them. I also prepoo with evoo when my hair is out.

I'm not sure how I'll use OCT. Maybe I'll use it every other co-wash. I'll apply MT with grapeseed oil to my scalp everyday and up my fresh garlic intake to avoid shedding. Last time I used MT I took a garlic supplement and shampooed with garlic during my installation take-down with great results/minimal shedding. Garlic supplements aren't for everyone, though, so if you decide to take them make sure they're okay for your body! :)

drmuffin

::Raises hand:: Ooh, I'm in! What a coincidence that a new MT/OCT challenge is starting cuz I'm waiting on some MT in the mail (if the slower-than-molasses-in-January mail carrier hurries up in time for the challenge start date!). :nono:

Thanks YaniraNaturally for the referral! :grin:
I'll get some starting pics up soon.

ladysaraii

There you are! :grin: I was hoping you would pop on.

Although it's hard to tell, I have issues with my edges as well. My main concern is this thin spot (I'm obsessed). Right now, I have a three finger forehead. I'm not trying to advance to four fingers.:look:

You must be my edge twin, b/c I was thinking this exact thing last night!

I've started w/ the OCT water spray and 'm going to add a couple drops of lavender and rosemary EO to it. i think I'll be doing this once a day at night.

NicBenny

Welcome Nic! I purchased my MegaTek from Amazon.com. If I recall, I paid $29.25 for a 16 oz bottle:

I purchased my OCT from ovationhair.com:

(I purchased the whole system for $96.49. If you mention that you heard about them from LHCF you'll get a 10% discount)

I think I will go with the Mega-Tek product line, not b.c of the cost but because the reviews seem to be a bit better than Ovation. I don't want to use both and overload my scalp and hair. Since you are using Ovation I will watch your progress. I ordered Mega-Tek today and I'm excited about the challenge! I will post pics closer to the start date.