2010 OCT/MegaTek Challenge (July 31 - Dec 31)

Ms_CoCo37

I'm with just about everyone else. Prior to this morning and last night, I haven't used my MT in the last couple of weeks. I have to get myself back on track.

I'm SO late but I wanna join the challenge. I have nearly 3/4 of MT left, but I haven't used much of it since the Spring. I used 3-4 times a week but then I started getting headaches....anyone else have this problem?

drmuffin

Hey just checking in...

I've been off MT for a while and I just picked back up on it. I recently got kinky twists almost 2 weeks ago and I have been applying my MT since I've been in the twists. After reading so much on the effects of powders sulfur I decided to add some to my mix and I must say...I'm pretty impressed at the NG! I'll have to post some pics later. Although I think I hit a snag when I realized I had a teeny tiny amount of breakage (due to the drying effects of the sulfur) and had a major freak out. But I finally got my hands on the much-touted elasta qp olive oil+mango butter to combat the dryness.

Ms_CoCo37

drmuffin, it's good to have you back with us!

Ladies, I must confess that I have not used my MT at all this month. I will be doing a henna treatment this weekend. I'll be back on track once that's done.

Hope you ladies are doing well.

ArizonaBeauty

I am not happy with my MT and I've actually lost quite a bit of hair since using it. Definitely more shedding and its actually making ends thin. What works for some might not for others so congrats to those who are getting results. I'm going to go back to the ole MTG & oils. If there is any lady in chicago who would like to try it, that doesn't already own the product, they can have it.

Ms_CoCo37

@ArizonaBeauty,

I'm so sorry to hear about your setback. How often were you using the MT? Did you mix anything with it?

ArizonaBeauty

@ArizonaBeauty,

I'm so sorry to hear about your setback. How often were you using the MT? Did you mix anything with it?

I mixed it with wgo, glycerin and distilled water. I washed my hair 2xs a week and applied directly to my scalp and let my hair air dry. I avoided ponytails and for basically wrapped it up everynight. I lost quite a it of hair and its definitely thinner. It could be something else but I'm going to stop using it and see what happens.

Ms_CoCo37

I mixed it with wgo, glycerin and distilled water. I washed my hair 2xs a week and applied directly to my scalp and let my hair air dry. I avoided ponytails and for basically wrapped it up everynight. I lost quite a it of hair and its definitely thinner. It could be something else but I'm going to stop using it and see what happens.

ITA, you should stop using it until you can figure out exactly what's going on with your hair. MT isn't for everyone. I haven't experienced any setbacks, but then again, I haven't been very consistent with applying it this month. I also don't really see any progress right now. We still have another month, so I'm going to stick it out to the end (unless, I see that I am experiencing setbacks myself).

Please keep us posted on your progress with getting back on track to healthy hair.

Ijanei

How about if I use the megatek every other day and then every other day after that, i do a deep conditioning treatment? how does that sound? Anyone of you ladies seeing results yet? huh huh huh :grin:
I think the MT helped with my summer spurt but i wasnt conditioning my hair like I should have been which made it shed and break. (check siggy)

Ms_CoCo37

How about if I use the megatek every other day and then every other day after that, i do a deep conditioning treatment? how does that sound? Anyone of you ladies seeing results yet? huh huh huh :grin:
I think the MT helped with my summer spurt but i wasnt conditioning my hair like I should have been which made it shed and break. (check siggy)

You sound like me. I've pretty much done the same thing myself. Your hair looks very healthy in that last shot though. :grin:

Platinum

I didn't order more MT because I'm seeing more shedding than usual.:sad: I think I'm going to do more cowashing and DC'ing to see if that helps.

Poopiedo

I haven't been checking in but I've been using it since July. My hair is getting thicker and longer. I take garlic for the shedding but I'm also taking Andrew Lessman's vitamins as well. So I don't know if MT is doing it all or if the vitamins are playing a part.

Ms_CoCo37

Thanks CoCo...I cant wait to see your hair progress. Your hair is already crazy long

Thanks Ijanei, but I'm not sure about my progress right now. I haven't been as consistent as I should have with this challenge. I hate to admit it, but I skipped the whole month of November.:nono:

I think it would have worked out better for me if I braided or twisted my hair and used the MT. I still have plenty left, so I'll give it one last push this month.:yep:

Minty

I see results with mt. I mixed it with MSM, JBCO, Aloe, and some other things that I can't remember right now.

Its time for me to reorder, and I need to use it more consistently. I generally use it 2x a week the night before my wash day, I oil my scalp.

I don't have excessive shedding, but for those that do - any of the garlic conditioners will stop shedding. Nutrine or Alter Ego

Valerie

I have been consistent with my MT and I have not had any shredding as I mix my MT with garlic powder, castor, olive oil, coconut oil and aloe vera gel. I shall be having a length check after December 18th

Curly Luul

Hi ladies...... how r u all doing? its been a while since i wrote a MT update, well i couldnt use MT for 5 weeks as i was recovering from surgery and my hair had to take a back sit. However i did start using my MT mixture 3 weeks ago and so far so good, my hair has got much thicker and i do see a little length but i was more happy about my edges.

I only use my MT mixture twice a week anymore than that and my hair starts shedding like mad, the 2 days per week usage is going great. Hopefully i'll be able to show some pics early Jan 2011.

I hope every1 is fine and happy holidays.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I am planning on doing a length check in a week or so. However, I can SEE the results so far. My hair has definitely grown.

Now, I took about 2 mos off but started back on the protocol this week. I am going to step it up and try to use MT as a protein condish every other week with a little heat followed by an intense moisture condish.

Ms_CoCo37

I am planning on doing a length check in a week or so. However, I can SEE the results so far. My hair has definitely grown.

Now, I took about 2 mos off but started back on the protocol this week. I am going to step it up and try to use MT as a protein condish every other week with a little heat followed by an intense moisture condish.

I took a couple of months off myself. I'm definitely going to finish my bottle of MT though, so I'll get back to it soon. I'm glad to hear that you're seeing some results. It's kind of hard for me to tell since my hair isn't straight.

I can't wait to see everyone elses reveal though.:grin:

HauteHippie

Wow. I FAILED this challenge. I failed so badly that I was scratching my head like, "Why is this showing up under my participated threads?"

I haven't used MegaTek since Sept. Sorry! I ran out!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I took a couple of months off myself. I'm definitely going to finish my bottle of MT though, so I'll get back to it soon. I'm glad to hear that you're seeing some results. It's kind of hard for me to tell since my hair isn't straight.

I can't wait to see everyone elses reveal though.:grin:

LOL got long hair like that huh?? so u can't tell...LOL

I noticed since hair shrinks when dry and it was above my ears - now I can cover my ears plus some.