Ouch! - I hurt my neck and back trying to take hair pics!

sunnieb

I was airdrying my hair tonight and decided to take some pics. I'm 9 weeks post so I wanted to see my texture. :yep:

I guess my almost 40 year old body couldn't take all of the bending and twisting I did trying to get that all important "money shot". I didn't realize it until I was finished, but I now have a crook in my neck and lower back! :blush: WTH?! When I started my HHJ 2 years ago, I did this all the time! What happened?

AND the worst thing is that none of the pics came out right! :ohwell: I was deleting them all and got down to the last 2. I decided to start and thread and post them anyway dangit! :grin: 1st pic is what took out my back and the 2nd pic did my neck in. Good thing I'm doing yoga tomorrow!

Anybody else suffer bodily harm trying to take hair pics? Please share your story! Let me know I'm not alone......:spinning:

Attachments

• IMG_20110208_223323-1.jpg
    IMG_20110208_223323-1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20110208_223248-1.jpg
    IMG_20110208_223248-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 81

MsBoinglicious

If your camera has a timer on it you should use it. Makes for a better and more accurate back/length check.

Your Bun is really cute.

ms.blue

I usually take lots of pictures and pick one w/ the least off angle and post. My siggy was the best pic I could take and it is not that good at all. Taking pics is haird :-(

sunnieb

If your camera has a timer on it you should use it. Makes for a better and more accurate back/length check.

Your Bun is really cute.

Yeah, I have a camera with a timer, but the picture quality sucks. My official picture taker was asleep last night so I was trying to do this myself. Like I said, I've done this since I started my HHJ and could always take good pics. Guess that ship has sailed. :sad:

Thanks for the bun compliment! :D

SimJam

as boingboing suggested, a camera with a timer
or
a well lit room, standing mirror and a hand mirror
or
help from a sister brother mother father friend SO ... rlly smart pet preferably with opposable thumbs

amwcah

If I have a long session with my hair, I experience neck and back pain as well. So, you are not alone. :hug2: However, I did suffer an injury awhile back as well.

Your particular muscles in that area probably don't get stretched much. Do you exercise?

beauti

if you take the pic in the bathroom with your back to the mirror, you can aim the camera over your shoulder at your relection or over your head at the reflection....

sunnieb

If I have a long session with my hair, I experience neck and back pain as well. So, you are not alone. :hug2: However, I did suffer an injury awhile back as well.

Your particular muscles in that area probably don't get stretched much. Do you exercise?

Yeah, I did the treadmill last night and I'm doing yoga tonight. I feel better, I think I just twisted the wrong way.