OT but, OMG! Thank You SOOOO much!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
A couple days ago, I bumped up a thread addressed to me from March that I didn't see or answer because I was at my mom's side while she was going through her final weeks of life due to cancer. It was tough but, with God's help, we all made it through and I'm truly at peace, knowing that my mom is at the Father's side right now. But still, I was worried about how I'd make it through Thanksgiving. We always have a huge dinner for both sides of my family at my house and on November 1st, without fail, mom and I start making plans and discussing details almost daily. It's a tradition that's been going on for years. So when November 1st rolled around, I tried to cancel Thanksgiving and suggest we have it somewhere else so that mom's absence wouldn't be so apparent. I've since prayed for strength and comfort and decided not to disrupt tradition for everyone else, especially my dad. He was happy to hear that but, I gotta tell you, I'm leaning heavily on God to help me as I'm thinking about this every day now.

So, back to me seeing that old post. I responded and am so blessed by the love, encouragement and support that you are all giving me during this tough time. It is absolutely an aswer to my prayers and I just want to take a moment to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You could not have known how much it all means to me.

I'm in the habit of comforting others so, when comfort is extended my way, I try to keep anyone from worrying over me and let them know that I'm ok. I am ok but, every word, every hug, every PM and every prayer lifted is SUCH a tremendous blessing to me and I thank you for it and will continue to give thanks for your friendship and compassion.

Ok, I'm all soggy now so, just know that I am praying that blessings are multiplied back into the lives of every praying, loving, caring heart. May God keep you, bless you and shower you with the desires of your heart. You are truly moving in His will. Thank you.

Love,

~NJoy

lesedi

All is well with me
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm happy that the healing process is getting easier for you. I envy and admire your strength.
I wish you and your family the best.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
In the spirit of what goes around comes around...it was/is your warmth, grace and kindness that you send out that is being returned to you:yep:

gn1g

When My heart is overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

God bless you and keep you as go through this season. He is closest to the broken hearted and binds up their wounds. Lean on Him he will see you through these times.

hair4romheaven

I teared up a bit and smiled at the same time. She continues to live through you for she raised you up and taught you to be the womderful woman that you are. *smile* & *cry* with joy she will always be here in a sense through you. Girl lemme go dry my eyes chile..
<3

g.lo

ps 46:10 " Be still and know that I am God" , I lean on this promise everytime i feel overwhelmed!! you are such a beautiul soul Njoy and we are so blessed to have you!

xoxo
gaby

Lovelylady2007

NJoy I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you are leaning on God, He can and will see you through this. I will pray for you and your family. *big hug*

napbella

Your family is really going to appreciate your thoughtfulness and strength in keeping up the family tradition! Sending you lots of prayer hugs during this time.

bebezazueta

NJoy :bighug: I empathize with you! My father passed away to cancer 2 years ago and Christmas was his holiday all the way. The first Christmas without him we went on as if he was there and laughed and shared stories about him. We would say "oh daddy wouldn't like that or he would say this!" and it made it so much more powerful.

Sharing and reliving memories will make it seem like your loved one is still here. Because they are, inside of your heart and in your heart THEY WILL NEVER DIE!

Love you!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SmilingElephant

Love you NJoy! I'm sorry for your loss! :bighug: it will get better:yep:

Keep holding on to His hand...He will get you through. God won't let you cry in vain.

And keep up the good work with that HAIR!! Is that you in your siggy?:grin:

Pompous Blue

You're such a beautiful spirit Njoy. Thank you for those very beautiful. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

Brit031586

Im so sorry for your loss... and I am so happy you are going through the healing process... God will see you thru and thanksgiving will be a joyous occasion celebrating your moms life and all the memories you all shared. May God continue to bless you and your family. I will def keep u in my prayers!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Just WOW, everyone. This is God. God is love. Thank you.
:grouphug2:

Love you @NJoy! I'm sorry for your loss! :bighug: it will get better:yep:

Keep holding on to His hand...He will get you through. God won't let you cry in vain.

And keep up the good work with that HAIR!! Is that you in your siggy?:grin:

:nono: Girl, I don't have that kind of coordination. I fell just looking at her whipping it. But I'm gonna try it while no one's looking. :sekret:

Bnster

It is the right thing to do to carry on the tradition, I am sure your mom would want you to. Celebrate this thanksgiving giving thanks for her life, say prayers for her and I am sure it will be joyous. God Bless you and keep you strong. Ask for help from your family members to make thanksgiving go smooth for you. I am so happy that you are going to have as she would want to.

May your mom soul rest in peace and thank you for all your advice and support on here.
My condolences and God Bless.

P.S. My family and I are really starting to document our Genealogy tree, it is a great time (if you haven't already done so) at your thanksgiving gathering to talk about family in the olden days and bring out pictures and then document her lineage. I am sure your mom and dad came from a long line and have a rich history to share and to be documented for the next generation to come.

againstallodds

You have such a beautiful heart :bighug:
Took a break from pouring over case briefs only to find your post. Made me smile and tear up. You just brightened up my day NJoy

... off to regroup :)

Lita

I'm so sorry...My heart goes out to you & your family...

*May God grant you comfort & peace at this time...LOVE!

Garner

I am so sorry for your loss NJoy. Please know that we are praying for you during these difficult days for God's loving arms of comfort. May peace be upon you and your family.
"HUGS"

ajoke

Sorry about your loss, and wishing you and your family supernatural strength and peace during this season.

SunySydeofLyfe

Njoy you and you family are in my prayers, reading your post put that lump in my throat on the verge of tears. My family is loosing a member of our family to cancer. I am going to take your words to heart and seek Gods counsel. Be blessed and continue blessing others.

DesignerCurls

Njoy I am sorry to hear about your loss but glad that the Lord is giving you healing! I pray that you and your family will have joy from your mother's memories!

WAVES4DAYS

NJoy, I am so sorry for your loss. You are by far one of the most sweetest posters on this board! God Is Love and that's what I feel when you post. You have definitely chosen the right one to lean on. May God give you the strength that you need to make it through...

God Bless!

PureSilver

@ NJoy, For she's a jolly great fellow and so say all of us! I'm glad you've found strength and hope in leaning on the omnipotent one. Continue to be the gentle sou you are NJoy and know that mommy is in a better place.

God Bless you!

Uniqzoe

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mom!! I pray that the Lord will indeed give you strength to make it through the holidays this year. Your post is very encouraging! Blessings to you and your family.