ORS Olive Oil

G

Did ORS change the formula to the olive oil? I bought some today and noticed it has mineral oil in it and I thought that it was mineral oil free? Does the carrot oil have mineral oil in it as well? I may have to take it back. I could have gotten the Profectiv had I known this. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

G

Thanks for replying GuessGirl. I never knew that! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Now I know! I remember trying a sample of the carrot oil and it did nothing for me. I really like this olive oil cream though!

LondonDiva

I dunno why they had to go and spoil up their reputation by adding theat ghastly mineral oil in a hair product which I don't think needs it. I think their temple balm contains it also.

free2bme

Hi LD,
Unless they've changed their formula, the temple balm doesn't contain mineral oil. I ressurected an old jar that I must of bought about 3 years ago?? The ingredient list did not have mineral oil in it.

LondonDiva

Mmm Dunno if I'm "losing it" but I'm sure on the product it had one of those dreaded no-no-don't-go there ingredients either Petroleum or Mineral Oil.

If it' not on your 3 year old tub, but on the new one, why do they feel the need to add it?

**shakes head at these companies**

free2bme

B/c they are cheap and mineral oil is considerably cheaper than say almond oil, jojoba oil etc. Tke me for instance i's always assume it didn't contain mineral and would of bought a new one without looking at the ingredients.

Allways was the first comany to do the switch. All their products used to be mineral oil free years ago. Now mineral oil is their main ingrediant.

G

They must have just recently added the mineral oil to the olive oil product. I was browsing the Discount Beauty website and here is what the description of the product says:

"Hydrating botanicals and Olive Oil are blended together into a petroleum & mineral oil-free creme hair dress. Olive Oil replenishes the moisture balance to extra-dry, thirsty hair. An excellent hair dress for medium to coarse hair textures."

Hmmm....now I know I'm not losing it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif They really need to change that. I hate false advertising.

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
They must have just recently added the mineral oil to the olive oil product. I was browsing the Discount Beauty website and here is what the description of the product says:

"Hydrating botanicals and Olive Oil are blended together into a petroleum &amp; mineral oil-free creme hair dress. Olive Oil replenishes the moisture balance to extra-dry, thirsty hair. An excellent hair dress for medium to coarse hair textures."

Hmmm....now I know I'm not losing it. They really need to change that. I hate false advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pooh123, your description says <font color="blue">" a petroleum &amp; mineral oil-free creme hair dress".</font color>

This means that there isn't any petroleum or mineral oil in the product. HTH

LondonDiva

Crysdon I <font color="blue"> think </font color> that it contains it now. Because I too have looked at the ORS OO and not purchased it because of this. And i couldn't understand why the carrot oil never had any but the OO did.

BlkMane

If you ladies are looking for a petroleum and mineral oil free pomade, try the Herbal Tea-Tree Gro Lite Hair Conditioner by Africa's Best Organics.

I bought this to base my scalp last time I got a touch-up and it's a pretty good little pomade. It gives nice shine on dry hair, but don't use too much! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It has a "fruity" smell.

The ingredients are: soybean oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, hydrogenated coconut oil, microcystalline wax, propyl paraben, cholesterol, tocopherol, tea tree oil, safflower oil and calendula extract and yarrow extract and cucumber extract and carrageenen extract and matricaria extract and thyme extract and ginseng extract and sage extract and comfrey extract and aloe extract. D&amp;C Yellow #11, Fragrance.

Crysdon

Oh, OK! Glad to know that. I'll make note not to purchase it. Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

simone103

I bought the ORS olive oil creme two weeks ago and it's actually pretty good. It's very moisturising and not too greasy, and softens my new growth. I did read the ingredients before I purchased it and saw that it had mineral oil in it. Usually I try to avoid products that have that in it, but I haven't been successful in finding a really good, non-greasy, mineral oil free moisturiser, so I decided to give this stuff a try. This product makes me think that sometimes mineral oil gets a bad rap.

G

Simone I really like this product too despite the mineral oil. Like you I'd been trying to stay away from mineral oil but oh well....I really like this product. It really moisturizes my hair well.

Londondiva thanks for clarifying my point. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Blkmane I may have to try your product suggestion when I'm done with the ORS.

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you ladies are looking for a petroleum and mineral oil free pomade, try the Herbal Tea-Tree Gro Lite Hair Conditioner by Africa's Best Organics.

I bought this to base my scalp last time I got a touch-up and it's a pretty good little pomade. It gives nice shine on dry hair, but don't use too much!

It has a "fruity" smell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blkmane, I have this one and it is a great product. I may take your recommendation and use it as a base for my next relaxer. It smells good and yes I have to agree to much is too much!! The shine is great from this stuff.