Does ORS Olive Oil have a new formula??

Nigeriangurl

Hey ladies! Don't know if this has been asked or commented on already but my old jar of ORS Olive oil had mineral oil as the 4th ingredient and the new jar that I bought yesteday has mineral oil as the 2nd ingredient, right after water! I thought the new jars had eliminated mineral oil all together. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks :)

Chromia

I saw 2 different formulas at 2 different stores today.:confused:

I went to Sally Beauty Supply after work and I saw a jar of this where the 2nd ingredient was mineral oil. I was surprised because last time I used this, which was a year or 2 ago, this was not the 2nd ingredient.

Anyway, after I left Sally I went to Rite Aid. I saw a jar of this there also. Mineral oil was the 4th ingredient in the jar at Rite Aid, so I bought it there. I don't think the jar from Rite Aid is old - it looks, smells, and feels normal.

ETA: There's another thread about this: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=117215&highlight=olive+oil.

Last edited:

Empress Yahudah

Actualy when I go to teh bss I see the one with out mineral oil and one with it ....its strange so I make sure I always read the back before I purchase

Millahdoowop

The one in the jar has mineral oil, the one in the bottle doesn't... I think. I would check to make sure. I was moded too when I actually looked at the jar and saw mineral oil in it. smdh

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Nigeriangurl said:
Hey ladies! Don't know if this has been asked or commented on already but my old jar of ORS Olive oil had mineral oil as the 4th ingredient and the new jar that I bought yesteday has mineral oil as the 2nd ingredient, right after water! I thought the new jars had eliminated mineral oil all together. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks :)

The one I have has mineral oil as the fourth ingredient. If they moved it to the second ingredient, then it looks like I won't be buying it anymore. I'm actually starting to like the ORS carrot oil better anyways and the fact that its mineral oil free is a plus for me.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Millah03, actually, the one in the bottle has Petrolatum in it towards the middle of the ingredient list.

ORS has changed a lot of their products. Last year, I used to use the Jojoba Oil "grease" in the jar. That stuff was the bomb, and it was very light, and made my hair so soft. The only ingredient that I really didn't care about was the Lanolin. Since last year, they've changed the ingredients, and added Petroleum (or Mineral Oil, one of 'em). Needless to say, I didn't repurchase.

Nigeriangurl

Even worse, I noticed later that the jar I had (with mineral oil as the 2nd ingredient) also has petrolatum as the 10th ingredient! Has anyone else noticed this or do I have some crazy jar?

Empress Yahudah

I have a big jar of ORS that doesnt have mineral oil or petroleum ,,,,but I have seen other jars with it ....Its a toss up ....Its bad because it can be tricky i wonder why they did that:ohwell: