ORS Hair Mayo

Do you like ORS Hair Mayonnaise?

• Yes

Votes: 180 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters

Ladylyn

I LOVE it. I've been using it for about a year now. I apply it to dry hair in sections, cover with a plastic cap and then sit under the drier for about 15 minutes. Makes my hair strong and soft. I use it every wash. Just recently I began using the ORS replenishing pak's so I mix the two products together. Even better!:grin:

Did nothing for me. But that is a good idea mixing it with the replensinghing pak. Love that little pak wish it came in a bottle

I like it as a prepoo with honey and castor oil added to it. Hydrated, soft hair for days:lick: easy to flatiron hair, and my hair seems to be humidity resistant for a while. Winner!

Esq.2B

Did nothing for me. But that is a good idea mixing it with the replensinghing pak. Love that little pak wish it came in a bottle

Girl where you been? Replenishing comes in TWO different bottle sizes! :lachen:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CXD1AA?smid=AKZ54EXMVZHXW&tag=dealtime-hpc-20&linkCode=asn

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/orrostproloi1.html

ORS Mayo does nothing for me unless I doctor it up A LOT. I have to add shea butter, glycerin, coconut oil, and anything else I can get my hands on. :grin: Also, I can only use it as a pre-poo.

HarlemHoney84

I really like ORS :yep:. It's the only conditioner I know I can come back to after trying others that I dont like the results with, and it will put my hair back in tip top shape :yay:. The dominican ladies at the salon i go to didnt want to put it in my hair at first because they said that its too heavy or gracioso bka greasy :nono2: but the heavy conditioners are in it to balance out the protein in the conditioner and it always leaves my locks conditioned and shiny. I give ORS 2 big :up:

myronnie

Now that they changed the formula it's not protein-y.

:(
I'm gonna try to stock up on the old formulas..because they're AWESOME mixed with some castor oil!!

charmtreese

ORS Hair Mayo is too unpredictable for me. I used it when It first came out and loved it, this was before the hair boards and all. And I use to use it here and there even after the hair boards. However, a few months ago I decided to use it and it knotted & tangled up my hair something terrible. :wallbash:

So, for me and my hair ORS is a No, no!!!:nono:

malachi74

Yes, I like ORS Mayo; it's my protein treatment.

OT but I have to share since we are talking about ORS Mayo...

You wouldn't believe it but I think Target, or at least the Targets down here in Miami, price the ORS Mayo based on the demographics of the neighborhood.

In my neighborhood which is mostly AA and Afro-Caribbean, the ORS Mayo is always 9.99 but If you go to the Target by my job, which is a predominantly Latin area, the ORS Hair Mayo is 2.99! I was browsinng in the Target by my job one afternoon and saw this, and scooped up 4 jars. A month later, curiousity struck and I went to the same Target jsut for the hell of it and it was still the same price. On one hand I felt I hit the jackpot, but on the other hand I was kind offended..

...and yes, i did go to the Target by my house the same day to se if it was a sale or something but there was no sale.

Last edited:

meecee

Yes, I like ORS Mayo; it's my protein treatment.

OT but I have to share since we are talking about ORS Mayo...

You wouldn't believe it but I think Target, or at least the Targets down here in Miami, price the ORS Mayo based on the demographics of the neighborhood.

In my neighborhood which is mostly AA and Afro-Caribbean, the ORS Mayo is always 9.99 but If you go to the Target by my job, which is a predominantly Latin area, the ORS Hair Mayo is 2.99! I was browsinng in the Target by my job one afternoon and saw this, and scooped up 4 jars. A month later, curiousity struck and I went to the same Target jsut for the hell of it and it was still the same price. On one hand I felt I hit the jackpot, but on the other hand I was kind offended..

...and yes, i did go to the Target by my house the same day to se if it was a sale or something but there was no sale.

Oh wow..I would have done the exact same thing. I wish I could find them for that price.

naturalgurl

Made my hair really soft then really dry.
Then it started shedding. My hair says :nono: to so many products. I hear other people have nothing but good things to say about it..i.e this thread. If it works for you, keep it!

RosesBlack

This one did nothing for my hair really. It left my hair a little rough actually. I used a whole jar over the course of a couple of months but it never wowed me at all.

PrettyBrownEyes

I used to really love ORS Hair Mayo and used it regularly, but, over the past year it seemed like my hair felt coated afterwards so I have stopped using it. Also, when I tried it with a Fresh Egg one of the alternate Directions on the jar it was just horrendous, my hair was so dry and hard after rinsing it out.

Tarae

This was a 'yay' originally but I used up my last jar recently and I will not repurchase. Is this another one that had an ingredients change?

Solitude

I voted yes, but then I realized that I actually use Organics hair mayo! Sorry, but they are probably similar. I used as a deep cond. with heat. I did this occasionally before LHCF, not I do it once I week. I feel like it makes my hair stronger.

Carolie

I voted 'no'.

For some reason, it does nothing for my relaxed hair. =/ I wanted it to work so bad since everyone raves about it...

Halana Malie

Sippin’ bubbly feeling lovely
Yes, I love ORS hair mayo. It's the only product that stops my breakage. I can see and feel a difference in my hair every time I use it.

SelfStyled

***Sigh*** This has always been a yay for me- however the last time I used it, I had tangles and matting going on and I lost a lot of hair. I am hoping it was not the Mayo, and that it was because I had a lot of new growth and/or the tub of mayo was old. I dunno.

jazzyto

I used the ORS replenishing pak and it felt good on my hair until I rinsed and airdried and then it was a dry hard mess, so the only product I use by ORS is the olive oil hair cream

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
This was a 'yay' originally but I used up my last jar recently and I will not repurchase. Is this another one that had an ingredients change?

Yep, those a holes changed the formula :yep:I voted 'no' . ORS Mayo never worked for me. I tried at least 3 jars, adamant that eventually I'd get the fab results everyone else had. No such luck :ohwell:

vestaluv1

I love it!
  • It makes my hair softer
  • It makes my hair feel stronger
  • My hair gets protein conditioned without the drying effects
  • It is very affordable/reasonable

The Princess

I used to love this stuff, then I used it awhile back and my hair shedded like a dog. It felt different. Then I used it again, I shedded again. So im thinking its something different in the formula. I haven't used it since. Im not trying to volunteer my hair off to the floor. I can do without this stuff.

baddison

natural for good
I love this. I pre-poo overnite with it under my shower cap. Then the next day I proceed to my wash routine. This stuff is the best!! And becasue its a mild protein, treatment, my hair is so soft & strong.:yep:

ShaniKeys

I'm a 4a/b natural and I was thinking about purchasing it yesterday, it was just €4.99, but I wanted to hear reviews from ppl here. Thx OP