ORS Hair Mayo

Do you like ORS Hair Mayonnaise?

• Yes

Votes: 180 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters

lovinmylocs

I used this for the first time this weekend after my henna treatment (as a DC). I have to say I'm not 100% sure yet about it for me stuff works the first or second time and then never again. I will say that my hair was softer and more moisturized than after any previous hennas. The henna dries my hair out a bit and makes the cuticle rough. This time it was smooth and not so bad...it may end up being a keeper. The fact that I can get it on the ground is another plus.

hottestdiva19

I LOVE it. I've been using it for about a year now. I apply it to dry hair in sections, cover with a plastic cap and then sit under the drier for about 15 minutes. Makes my hair strong and soft. I use it every wash. Just recently I began using the ORS replenishing pak's so I mix the two products together. Even better!:grin:

lovinmylocs

Would I be able to use this as a pre-poo (never thought of doing that) instead of a DC? (I would still need a good DC :perplexed).

chocolate01

I LOVE it. I've been using it for about a year now. I apply it to dry hair in sections, cover with a plastic cap and then sit under the drier for about 15 minutes. Makes my hair strong and soft. I use it every wash. Just recently I began using the ORS replenishing pak's so I mix the two products together. Even better!:grin:

Same here, I use it the same way and love it!

cheeks87

I went to get some and it was $10. So I turned right back around lol

Does anyone know if they have sample packs of it?

Nayeli

Would I be able to use this as a pre-poo (never thought of doing that) instead of a DC? (I would still need a good DC :perplexed).

I used it as a pre-poo on Saturday, simply because my hair didn't need a protein DC. But this is my STAPLE, protein conditioner. As of now, I trust no other.:spinning:

vslady

Like the other ladies, I love it. I use it on dry hair as a pre-poo when I don't DC. It is mostly moisture but has a little protein which is all I can handle on my fine tresses. 2 thumbs up!

HoneyDew

I have a love hate relationship with it.

I do love the way it makes my hair feel but I notice that I shed more hair on those days. After I am don edoing my hair and I am applying leave-ins, I see more shedding. It has happened 3 times and always on days I use it.

What is that about?! Could be an ingredient in there that is causing it?

I don't want to use it anymore for that reason.

But, I really love the way it make my hair feel. I was using it pre-shampoo. I have a huge tub (the 20% more free one)of and is still over 60% full and I don't want to use it again.

miami74

I have a love hate relationship with it.

I do love the way it makes my hair feel but I notice that I shed more hair on those days. After I am don edoing my hair and I am applying leave-ins, I see more shedding. It has happened 3 times and always on days I use it.

What is that about?! Could be an ingredient in there that is causing it?

I don't want to use it anymore for that reason.

But, I really love the way it make my hair feel. I was using it pre-shampoo. I have a huge tub (the 20% more free one)of and is still over 60% full and I don't want to use it again.

I've only used it twice since I started my hair journey last month. The first time I used it, may hair was so soft and bouncy. I loved it. The second time I used it, I added an egg to it, and after that, I experienced breakage. I think it was too much protein for my hair at one time and I should have used a more moisturizing DC afterwards. I haven't used it since. I still love it though, but I will never use it with an egg again. I am planning to start using it again as a prepoo. I don't think I will have a problem with it this time now that I have a better understanding of protein and moisture.

Halimah

I just added that to my regimen:grin:, but why is it so high where you guys get it from a 16oz only causes me $7.99:yep::yep:

Miss_Luna

I went to get some and it was $10. So I turned right back around lol

Does anyone know if they have sample packs of it?

I did the EXACT same thing. Around here it's like 10.99. :nono:They have the Organics Hair Mayo, which I guess is the knockoff version, but I figured it wasn't worth it. I haven't seen any samples either.

cheeks87

I did the EXACT same thing. Around here it's like 10.99. :nono:They have the Organics Hair Mayo, which I guess is the knockoff version, but I figured it wasn't worth it. I haven't seen any samples either.

Yeah I went to Walmart to see if it would be cheaper there but they never have it. They have Africa's Best Hair Mayo but I don't trust that brand.

I was gonna start using the hair mayo in place of cholesterol but considering the cholesterol is like, $2.00.....i think i'm gonna just stay with it for now. I know $10.99 isn't a LOT but when I say I'm broke, I mean I am BROKE.

I love ORS Hair Mayo. Until I started using Aveda DR that was my deep conditioner of choice. :yep: If not for Aveda, I'd be using it still. I loved how you got a good balance of protein and moisture from it. My hair always felt strong and really soft after using it. :yep:

miami74

Yeah I went to Walmart to see if it would be cheaper there but they never have it. They have Africa's Best Hair Mayo but I don't trust that brand.

I was gonna start using the hair mayo in place of cholesterol but considering the cholesterol is like, $2.00.....i think i'm gonna just stay with it for now. I know $10.99 isn't a LOT but when I say I'm broke, I mean I am BROKE.

:lachen:Ha!! You and me both! I'm thinking of mixing my cholesterol with the ORS Hair Mayo. That way I can stretch it a little longer. Around where I live, I haven't seen it for less than $9.99.

gorgeoushair

I love this stuff. It has replaced my beloved Motions CPR. I wish it wasn't as high as it is but most of ORS products are high. I got the tube for around $5.00 but you get more in the jar.

LABETT

It sells in a tube as well for $7.99 in my area.
Dollar General sell it 8 ounces for $5.75 and my local BSS sell the tube for $4.79.
I use it as a pre-poo on dry hair and regular deep conditioning and my hair loves it.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Dollar General sell it 8 ounces for $5.75 and my local BSS sell the tube for $4.79.
I use it as a pre-poo on dry hair and regular deep conditioning and my hair loves it.

That's MY Fave Dollar Store:lol: and yup they do have it at that price. But I have yet to try it though, I only seen it when I went looking in the hair aisle. I never leave that store without browsing the hair care aisle:lol:

Anyone knows how this compares to the ORS Replenishing Conditioner???