Oprah today

Ok I'm watching Oprah and I believe that today she has on a half wig. I know last week there was a thread on Oprah's new do, but I can't believe that this is it. There are highlights around the front and its a totally different color than the back. Can someone please verify if this is actually Oprah's hair on today's how cause I wanna win this argument, my friend insists that its ALL hers

The Savvy Sistah

I really believe that's just the left over color from her first "do". Remember she was wearing her hair curlier and lighter? (Now I believe that was a weave). I think she just colored the front and weaved up the rest and that's why that bang area looks like that now that she's wearing her own hair.
I think her natural hair looks great! She's always had beautiful, thick hair!

Last edited:

MAMATO

I beleive it is all hers... Many people have highlights on the front and keep their natural color on the back. Why is that such a big deal that she can grow some hair like anybody else on this site?

Lady Esquire

It's all hers. She was answering a few questions for her twiggers on Twitter, and someone complimented what they thought was a weave. She talked about it about a week or two ago. And even showed a pic of how it looks in the mornings, natural, before her stylist gets to it. She washes and presses daily.

I beleive it is all hers... Many people have highlights on the front and keep their natural color on the back. Why is that such a big deal that she can grow some hair like anybody else on this site?
Its NOT a big deal. My friend and I had a debate about it and I figured I would come to the experts for the answers...not that serious

Thanks to all the ladies that answered!

MAMATO

Its NOT a big deal. My friend and I had a debate about it and I figured I would come to the experts for the answers...not that serious

Thanks to all the ladies that answered!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I hope you did not bet some money on it:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I really think it is hers... And really since she's been PSing for over a year, her retention seems logic to me. The question is now: what will she be doing now to keep the length??? She presses and curls everyday, that is gonna be very challenging for her hair.:yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I hope you did not bet some money on it:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I really think it is hers... And really since she's been PSing for over a year, her retention seems logic to me. The question is now: what will she be doing now to keep the length??? She presses and curls everyday, that is gonna be very challenging for her hair.:yep:

I thought that maybe her pressing everyday was a typo...guess not. I can't imagine it will remain healthy. I use to use heat ever 3 days and it jacked up my hair. I don't know how long it will take for us to see the results of her daily pressing, but I can't imagine that it will remain healthy and beautiful for an extend period of time if she continues to mistreat it.

Mane Event

I think it was all hers at the time she spoke on it, only because if it wasnt she would've never commented. Oprah has always had nice thick hair! She has shown pics of her during childhood on the show before and she had a full long head of hair back then....its hard to describe but her strands are coarse but look very strong in their natural state (almost like Happily Me). I'm jealous! that type of hair looks like it can withstand anything!

but im curious too...how will she continue to keep it looking good everyday without damage??? and just b/c it was all hers last week, doesnt mean its not going to be a fall/half wig tomorrow.

whatever the case, her hair is bangin'

aprilbiz

She's got that auburn color in the front that she uses when she does wear weaves... and I personally I don't think they look so hot. She looked like Marie Antoinette with that last one.

I can always tell that whoever does her weaves leaves some of her hair out in the front because it's always a different texture.

Why she just doesn't do a full weave is beyond me. Now that she's wearing her natural hair, why she doesn't dye those lightened parts is also beyond me... but I guess 3 billion dollars is also beyond me. :grin: