Oprah is Natural

lilsparkle825

I mean, I recognized that LS was throwing out an estimate, but my question had more to do with me thinking that most LHCFers didn't have long hair as children.
Threads such as the "this is the longest my hair has ever been" one (where a lot of people said it's the longest their hair has been as an adult), not to mention the tizzy over using Blue Magic (where a lot of people said their moms greased their scalps all the time, etc), have led me to believe that a lot of people had long and/or thick hair as a kid. Even off the boards, I know so many people who now can't get past NL/SL that had the most luxurious hair in their elementary school pics.

Notice that I was referring to SL/APL, which is considered long IRL. That could be where you are getting confused.

nikki2229

I just saw hair natural hair blow dried with a headband on at the end of the show and it looked long, thick, and full. Absolutely gorgeous. Go Oprah!

Last edited:

Country gal

I couldn't wait to run to LHCF at the end of Oprah's show. I believe her because Ms. Oprah can do no wrong. I love, love her hair. I am estatic she wears her natural hair.

Qualitee

Doesnt surprise me. Her hairdresser Andre made up the hair typing system(2b 3c 4b ex.). He wrote a book about hair. He knows alot about hair and keeping it healthy.

kandake

I told my friends that was her hair. They didn't believe me because she's been wearing wigs for so long.

Makes me want to go back to wearing my half wigs. Man her hair is gorgeous.

Last edited:

Kurlee

Wait, she doesn't wear any weave? I thought her hair was breaking due to thyroid issues.
She prally dabbles from time to time like most women do, but if you see pics from when she was a teen, her hair was thick luscious and APL ish.

andrea

It looks really good. I mean coming to think about it.. She has been protective styling it for a very, very, very long time.. That makes me want to break out a pressing comb.. Do they still sell those?

Ganjababy

Roughly ten years ago - maybe less, maybe more she stated that she had started wearing weaves sometimes to protect her hair, especially in the summer. Oprah always had lovely thick hair so much so that she was asked to someohow thin it out because an employer told her her hair was too thick and big looking on camera

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
In the 20 years anniversary DVD's she shows how she gets her hair pressed too, she does it quite often and says her hair has never fallen out since Andre Walker started taking care of it.

Maracujá

Oprah before she gets her hair pressed.

Now more than ever I am convinced that some celebs lurk on here. Yes, her hair dresser is a hair guru, but still...I was thinking to myself: when did she grow all that hair? But it makes sense, before she let her hair out, she was protective styling it with that curly weave, she wore that for quite a long time. Go Oprah!

NinasLongAmbition

Beautiful, yes it is. :yep:
But I'm still not convinced.
I've worn weaves in the past that look like that. :yep:
Its her hair!!! Why wouldnt it be?? The lady has a hair stylist and Im sure is using the best products on the market. Her looks very REAL and very HEALTHY. Not saying she doesnt wear weaves sometimes but how she's been wearing her hair lately is definitely all hers.:grin:

Sly

Her hair is gorgeous :love: I can't believe she presses every day. What is her regime?! Heat protectant? what?!

Maracujá

Her hair is gorgeous :love: I can't believe she presses every day. What is her regime?! Heat protectant? what?!

She does, right before the show. It is crazy when you think about it, but she swears she's never experienced hair breakage in the 20 years that Andre Walker has been taking care of her hair. I read somewhere that she uses hair products from the brand Carita (http://www.carita.com/).

MizAvalon

Oprah before she gets her hair pressed.

Now more than ever I am convinced that some celebs lurk on here. Yes, her hair dresser is a hair guru, but still...I was thinking to myself: when did she grow all that hair? But it makes sense, before she let her hair out, she was protective styling it with that curly weave, she wore that for quite a long time. Go Oprah!

Well, there you go! No denying that is her real hair. I wonder if it's completely natural though. It looks like an uneven texlax. But then lots of people have different textures on their head, so who knows.

Lovely, either way.:yep:

Maracujá

Well, there you go! No denying that is her real hair. I wonder if it's completely natural though. It looks like an uneven texlax. But then lots of people have different textures on their head, so who knows.

Lovely, either way.:yep:

That might be due to pressing it every day, it doesn't revert anymore?

BrooklynSouth

I'm glad to know it is all hers and so amazing how we see it colored, straightened and her thyroid issues have not affected it-still healthy. Protective styling is for real!