ONE INCH NG!! ONE INCH BROKEN OFF!!!

Which is why i am still not APL. I was taking MSM everyday and using BT occasionally but my hair was growing. I last permed my hair on November 1 and took pics. I permed my hair last night, and lo and behold, my hair is the same length it was in November!!! My hair did grow, just about an inch it did. And it sure broke off an inch too. I am very upset and depressed. i'm just stuck and i dont know what else to do about my hair. I henna, stretch relaxers, use aids (which do work) but in the midst of all that i cant seem to retain my length. VERY UNHAPPY. :nono:

My first year of college is almost over. I have three years to get my hair to a full and healthy BSL. Any suggestions as to what i can do ladies??

heather06

Do you wear protective styles, such as french rolls, buns, etc.? If not, that may help.

Stay encouraged!

ravenmerlita

Do you regularly deep condition? Deep conditioning weekly without fail and minimizing heat really helped me to retain length.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Are your ends in good condition? Sometimes it makes no sense to grow hair with damaged ends some ppl and do it other cant. If they are damage I say fix the problem now....by the time you graduate you can have 18 more inches. Make sure u keep them moisturized and seal them, try wearing buns so u wont have any friction problems with clothes and all. When I decided to take the hair care journey I didnt want any set backs so I just cut it all off to EL and in a 6 month stretch it grew alot. So dont worry hun it will grow justt make sure that you take care of them ends.

Last edited: