OMG waist length natural youtuber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say that it was peaceful, no drama, or disagreements. I said it was more civil. You can disagree with others and keep it civil.
I'm just sayin:look:

i tend to believe that the board overall IS civil. we all know that a few bad apples spoil a bunch and lhcf has its fair share of bad apples, but *I* believe that there are WAY more civil/good apples than there are bad. in general human nature drives us to look at and remember the bad things, but truthfully, i recall more civil moments on lhcf than uncivil ones. and those few uncivil moments don't leave me thinking that the entire atmosphere of the board is uncivil.

every time there's a thread where there is a hint of disagreement or un-political correctness, someone comes in and talks about how it used to be, and this has been the case since i've joined; but if it used to be more "civil" than it is now...it must've been real boring :lol: change is good!

i would hardly classify this thread as uncivil, though.

Her hair really is beautiful and I like the fact that she has simple hair care practices which is something that I am trying to do myself. I think I will be following her on youtube from here on out.

Exactly.

I haven't read the other threads where other youtubers are being talked about. Well, I did read the Ataaya(sp?) one, and ppl were criticizing her hair and hair practices. I feel like calling another a "man" or "manly" or even discussing is a lot different.

I understand you're trying to play devil's advocate for whatever reason, but even if this has gone on elsewhere, I would hope ppl would also realize it's mean and unnecessary.

I guess I don't see the difference. I'm not talking about Ateya either. I'm talking about when non-famous youtuber's videos are posted and folks start talking about their clothes, sound of their voice, how they carry themselves. To me that is no different than this, an insult is an insult. It's just interesting to me that no one was coming to those people's defense.

Wrong is wrong. I'm not saying that talking about her was right at all, I'm just saying why the outcry now?
and why not? this is the LONGhaircareforum isn't it!? if i'm tryin to get where someone is then their goal is indeed put on my pedestal..thts wht im here for. to learn healthy hair care practices and yes longer length if possible. and no not everyone.. but the majority here want to grow their hair longer.

Oh I don't think there's anything wrong with it. That's exactly why I felt like I shouldn't be surprised. If someone started talking about one of my hair idols, maybe I'd feel the same way.

If this woman had short hair, my feelings about it would be the same. Her long hair has nothing to do with it AT ALL.

Good comparison with Ateya..from what I remember about those threads is that people were saying negative things about her hair practices which is is pretty much debatable because she puts it out there for people to discuss it in anyway they choose ..I do not recall anyone saying she was ugly, fat, mannish, or whatever. These are totally two separate areas IMO.

I wasn't talking about Ateya...I would bump the threads but most of them have been locked. I don't see the difference between saying someone is stupid for their hair practices, or low class, or ugly, and calling someone manly. It's all the same to me.

Before joining LHCF I was on HT for over a year and some members there mentioned LHCF being great for product reviews but having not so great members. The word everyone kept using was "catty". Then I saw videos by 3 or 4 youtubers calling out LHCF and I just had an overall negative view of this forum.

When HT said it was going $100 per year, I joined for a month and decided that it wasnt for me and then months later hesitantly joined LHCF. After being here a few days, I realized that it wasnt this army of women with pitchforks ready to tear down a hair-routine they disagreed with. There are some really amazing and helpful people here. I've learned a lot about everything including love and life and I feel like it was the best $6.50 I've ever spent.

Other people wont know what I know when they hear bad things about LHCF. The majority of people here are very sweet but it's those few... that can give a bad impression of the whole forum.

Leobody doesnt have to share her routine or help anyone. Why say mean things to a nice person? What have you gained? I can tell you she has more subscribers now. I'm one of them. I think some people should be cautious when being critical of other people's looks. Treat everyone like they paid the $6.50 membership fee because you never know who lurks here... :look:
And THIS is what I meant in the HT thread about members who don't mind paying $100 for that site because of the environment. Things are just different. A lot of people were put off by the cattiness.

It seems like whenever people post youtube videos, some LHCF members get extra critical, though. Just have to find something wrong with the video. If it's not the hair or technique, it's something else.

i dont think anyone was hating, especially not myself, when asking if that may have been a man. i think some people were really curious because if that was indeed a man it would have been about 50x more amazing because i, myself have never seen a man with natural hair as beautiful as that. also just because someone may have manly features doesnt make them ugly!! i've seen tranny and such that look wayyyyy better than some of the women that walk around.

Oh, and to the poster of the vids i want to aplogize if you were hurt by what i said, or what anyone else said, that was not my intention and Im sure it was no one elses.

I agree MSA. I think it is wrong period! I haven't been in here or posted in this part much lately but when I did I saw it a lot. I definitely see it in other forums. I just try to move past it. Heck, some things people have said about others on here have hit a soft spot with me. Point blank, we all need to be more careful with our words and stop just saying anything. I'm sure most don't do this in real life. Don't feel the need to get big and bold because no one can see you.

I've read all the posts in this thread and seen Leobody's response video and I got a confession.

I first became aware of Leobody when I saw her entry for the Pantene N&R competition and my first thought upon seeing her was 'tranny'. However, my second thought was 'Maury Povitch and those damn gender bender shows got me f'ed up'. So I looked her up on youtube and after watching a few of her videos I was satisfied that she is definitely a she.

Having made the mistake myself, I understand the viewpoint of folks who thought left about the situation. At the same time, I realize that it must be terribly hurtful to have your femininity questioned and I was deeply touched by the pain in her voice in her response video.

I've read all the posts in this thread and seen Leobody's response video and I got a confession.

I first became aware of Leobody when I saw her entry for the Pantene N&R competition and my first thought upon seeing her was 'tranny'. However, my second thought was 'Maury Povitch and those damn gender bender shows got me f'ed up'. So I looked her up on youtube and after watching a few of her videos I was satisfied that she is definitely a she.

Having made the mistake myself, I understand the viewpoint of folks who thought left about the situation. At the same time, I realize that it must be terribly hurtful to have your femininity questioned and I was deeply touched by the pain in her voice in her response video.[/quote]

And this is pretty much my point..even if you thought she was a man then that is cool but dam, can you do a little research on the subject first before you go blasting that all out for others too see...research is done on everything else, why not this and now that we know she isn't man, folks can't man up and say dam I was wrong and KIM, still got to be justifying why they said it and going on, oh well, this is beating a dead horse obviously. And for the record, I don't read alot of the threads where people post videos and folks are slamming them cause I would be making the same comments I am in this one...maybe those folks that are slamming other peoples videos didn't post in this thread.

And THIS is what I meant in the HT thread about members who don't mind paying $100 for that site because of the environment. Things are just different. A lot of people were put off by the cattiness.

It seems like whenever people post youtube videos, some LHCF members get extra critical, though. Just have to find something wrong with the video. If it's not the hair or technique, it's something else.

ITA: :yep:

mannish? are pple serious with this stuff anymore or is it to find something to write about? I clicked on her YT and I thought BEAUTIFUL HAIR and striking face. Her voice seemed fine to me its not liker voice is amazingly deep like Dorothy from Golden Girls. I like her. I think some pple are so disentisised they do not know how to talk about other pple maybe its due to the ET forum or they were like that prior LHCF who knows but those who feel the need to constantly spew negativity at every turn are truly mind boggling.

here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oOrIT83P0

right around 4:56ish...i would definitely not categorize this as in the 3 family, but that hair typing stuff is rather subjective, i guess :drunk:

ETA: personally i think SHE's very pretty and her hair is beyond beautiful!!! hell, she's inspiring me to up my excersising game!

felt the need to add this after skimming the thread. sheesh.

O MYYYYYY :drool::drool::drool::drool: her hair is :drool::drool::drool: its so healthy too in its wet state I also noticed she does not have a lot of shrinkage not sure itf that is common with her texture?, that curly fro JUST BEAUTIFUL

Last edited:
OMG is right. Her hair is close to my texture wet and pressed but I've never had such length. I love her styles. She's kinda retro and reminds me of my high school days (80s).
As far as her voice, it doesn't really seem deep to me. I've been told I have a deep voice myself though.

Wrong is wrong. I'm not saying that talking about her was right at all, I'm just saying why the outcry now?
:huh: Why not? Maybe if people were talking about you, you would feel differently. So when will you put up your youtube video? :look:

:huh: Why not? Maybe if people were talking about you, you would feel differently. So when will you put up your youtube video? :look:

Folks have talked about me negatively on LHCF. I haven't made a youtube video about it though. Maybe I should.

Like I said before, wrong is wrong. Nobody should say anything negative about anyone else. Doesn't mean we'll all meet that standard all the time. Such is life.

Okay. So why question WHEN people speak up? I never knew there was a certain TIME of day or year to say when wrong is wrong. I think I see a pattern with you.

How do you work the ignore button?

I just subscribe and finished watching her vids, she is simply amazing. I can't believe that I never ran across her FOTKI. Ok I am off to stalk.

beautiful hair, beautiful woman, beautiful spirit, great poise!!!! keep doing it babe- the only opnion in the world that matters is your opinion of yourself all others are irrelevant... love yourself, dont doubt yourself for a second, divine and unique in every sense!!

OMG.. i watched her video like 10 times.... i needed these tips for my daughter's hair... i think my daughter's hair is gonna be like hers! She has such a simple routine.. I am gonna stick with what works...like she said! SHE IS GORGEOUS and very blessed to have retained all of that hair. I wonder how long she has been growing her hair? does anyone know? thanks OP for the link to the videos..now i gotta try to find her fotki!!

Folks have talked about me negatively on LHCF. I haven't made a youtube video about it though. Maybe I should.

Like I said before, wrong is wrong. Nobody should say anything negative about anyone else. Doesn't mean we'll all meet that standard all the time. Such is life.

Have you asked yourself WHY? I mean in this very thread after calling Leobody manly you went on to further imply that a lot of posters on LHCF also look like men. Why address other pple's hypocrisies if you cant even see your own?

OMG.. i watched her video like 10 times.... i needed these tips for my daughter's hair... i think my daughter's hair is gonna be like hers! She has such a simple routine.. I am gonna stick with what works...like she said! SHE IS GORGEOUS and very blessed to have retained all of that hair. I wonder how long she has been growing her hair? does anyone know? thanks OP for the link to the videos..now i gotta try to find her fotki!!

If you look at her fotki she has a couple pics from childhood.
http://public.fotki.com/Leobody/miscellaneous-me/
age 7 he hair looks SL, and by age 8 it's MBL. So I figure she's had long hair for a good number of years. She might cut it to maintain her current length.

Lys

Re: fairytale hair - it must be ..
My 4 year old watched one of her videos with me. She said, "Her hair looks like Dora when she used her magic brush and her hair grew (Rapunzel like story on Dora)! I'm gonna have hair like that! "

Have you asked yourself WHY? I mean in this very thread after calling Leobody manly you went on to further imply that a lot of posters on LHCF also look like men. Why address other pple's hypocrisies if you cant even see your own?

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said or I wasn't clear but I didn't say anyone here looked like a man. I was referring to a specific thread where a poster who is a woman but was born biologically male. That's why I know it's possible to make an honest mistake because I truly thought that poster was biologically female and she isn't.

Anyway, as I said before talking negatively about ppl is wrong. I never said it was ok or tried to defend it. I was just pointing out something that seemed interesting to me.

Re: fairytale hair - it must be ..
My 4 year old watched one of her videos with me. She said, "Her hair looks like Dora when she used her magic brush and her hair grew (Rapunzel like story on Dora)! I'm gonna have hair like that! "

Now that was too cute!!!:grin:

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said or I wasn't clear but I didn't say anyone here looked like a man. I was referring to a specific thread where a poster who is a woman but was born biologically male. That's why I know it's possible to make an honest mistake because I truly thought that poster was biologically female and she isn't.

Anyway, as I said before talking negatively about ppl is wrong. I never said it was ok or tried to defend it. I was just pointing out something that seemed interesting to me.

:look:

Mmmmhmmm. On this very forum.

I was referring to this post that you made in what you had put in white (now in blue) so no it wasnt clear that you were referring one particular poster or the whole board.

i really do think in one of her videos she said she cut her hair to shoulder length in 2004 then got serious about her hair care, and stopped using her blowdryer and flatiron so much. but i'm not 100% sure since i watched the video a few days ago. but if that is what she said then she has been actively taking care of her hair for 5 years.

i really do think in one of her videos she said she cut her hair to shoulder length in 2004 then got serious about her hair care, and stopped using her blowdryer and flatiron so much. but i'm not 100% sure since i watched the video a few days ago. but if that is what she said then she has been actively taking care of her hair for 5 years.

Ahhh 5 years..that sounds do-able. Thanks for the tidbit VainJane!
LOL at your siggy. Love it!

p.s can't we all just get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back