OMG Had a Little Setback! Tangled Mess!

curlyninjagirl

Soooooooo. I had my second setback this weekend trying to be cute while making woohoo! :blush: I wore my fro out and I slept with it out on a cotton pillow! By the morning it was a dry, tangled, matted MESS!!! I hadn't seen my hair this tangled in years!! It's exactly what I deserved for being so high and mighty about not letting a guy get between me and my hair goals :lachen:

Here's how I turned my setback into a comeback:

First I did an overnight DC with AO HSR (with my hair in 6 twists). Then I didn't rinse out for 24 hours and when I got home from work I tried to finger detangle but kept coming across some scary matted knots. I PANICKED! 'I'm gonna have to cut!'

Then I thought, 'Ok calm down, remember your LHCF training' :lol:. So I wet my hair and got out my big bottle of Sauve Naturals Lavendar condish and saturated my hair with handfuls of the stuff. I carefully took on small section at a time and combed through with my modified denman and the knots just melted away! It was amazing! THANK YOU LHCF!

After my hair was detangled, I put my hair in 8 twists and rinsed completely. I braided my hair in 30 braids and tucked it away and I'm not touching my hair for a month! He's just gonna have to deal with my protective stylin' :grin:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Glad it worked out for you.

I kinda did the same thing when I fell asleep on the sofa and the back of my head was rubbing up against a cotton poly pillow. Ugh.

I bought a scarf to put in my purse. Cover thy hair - a LHCF mantra.

MRJ1972

Glad it worked out well for you!!!

Now where are these pitchas of the smashed down matted fro??

#justkidding

Lol