OMG Aloe vera juice & glycerin!

zzirvingj

Where has this been all my life?? :grin:

I FINALLY broke down and bought some aloe vera juice from the store (you know, the kind in the big jug), and some glycerin from Whole Foods.

In my spray bottle I put 1 part aloe to 1 part glycerin to 3 parts distilled water. In the shower after conditioner washing, I'll spray it with this mixture and seal with a tiny bit of jojoba oil.

My hair is SOOOO soft. :drunk::drunk::drunk: Plus this stuff is gonna last me a loooonnng time it seems, which is GREAT!

Thanks to those who've been raving about how moisturizing this stuff is! I've only used it for 3 days on my hair and can already tell a difference :yep: I don't even think I'll need to be using this every day on hair because it is very moisturizing.

Lovin this stuff! :drunk:

Had you tried this with plain water instead of aloe vera juice? Meaning after cowashing you just spray on water + glycerin and add some jojoba? I just tried a mix just like this one for the first time last night, except mine is rose water instead of aloe vera juice. it already came mixed with glycerin, and I added a little jojoba to twist my hair up for the night. still twisted, so we'll see.

Welcome to the club. I love this stuff. I havea gallon of AV juice. Im in twists now and my braid spray is Aloe vera juice, rosewater, Glycerine and a dab of Salerm. When Im out of twists it plain AV juice and rose water.

I love it too, it makes my hair so soft and it stays moisturized all week. I don't add any water to it though, just the aloe vera juice and the glycerin. Can't live without it now:yep:

I have been using this for the last 2 years and I LOVE it! It's like the moisture just climbs into your hair strand by strand. It also gives your hair a subtle sheen that looks like healthy hair, instead of that fake shine you get from products.

You can sub honeyquat for glycerine also :yep: And it's so easy to add things to - I've use rosemary or peppermint (for scalp) SAA, Sodium PCA (moisture binding agent) and light oils like jojoba, almond or grapeseed. It's the only moisturizing product I use that I can get all my NG and all the way to my scalp with no worries about buildup.

Had you tried this with plain water instead of aloe vera juice? Meaning after cowashing you just spray on water + glycerin and add some jojoba? I just tried a mix just like this one for the first time last night, except mine is rose water instead of aloe vera juice. it already came mixed with glycerin, and I added a little jojoba to twist my hair up for the night. still twisted, so we'll see.

I haven't tried it with just plain ol water and AVJ, but I will mix it up every now and then and try it that way as well :yep: :grin:

I love it too, it makes my hair so soft and it stays moisturized all week. I don't add any water to it though, just the aloe vera juice and the glycerin. Can't live without it now:yep:

I will have to try it without water one day, too. Do you use the same amount of AVJ to glycerin??

Welcome to the club. I love this stuff. I havea gallon of AV juice. Im in twists now and my braid spray is Aloe vera juice, rosewater, Glycerine and a dab of Salerm. When Im out of twists it plain AV juice and rose water.

I'm gonna have to try this rosewater stuff! I saw a bottle of it in Whole Foods but I passed on it cuz I had already bought the glycerin and jojoba oil...

I have been using this for the last 2 years and I LOVE it! It's like the moisture just climbs into your hair strand by strand. It also gives your hair a subtle sheen that looks like healthy hair, instead of that fake shine you get from products.

You can sub honeyquat for glycerine also :yep: And it's so easy to add things to - I've use rosemary or peppermint (for scalp) SAA, Sodium PCA (moisture binding agent) and light oils like jojoba, almond or grapeseed. It's the only moisturizing product I use that I can get all my NG and all the way to my scalp with no worries about buildup.

I noticed the "sheen", too :yep: Where can you buy honeyquat from??

I purchased honeyquat from lotioncrafters.com.

I think this combo is great for naturals & relaxed alike. If you put it in a fine mist bottle or spray in teh palm of your hands and rub it over your hair then seal it shouldn't revert.

Last night I threw on some Kiya Fizzle (salt+con) and after I detangled and rinsed, sprayed my hair with this section by section, added a dime size of Lacio Lacio (mostly on ends), sealed with Sabino moisture block, and ran all the product through w my denman. Once it's air-dried (stretched) I'll go home tonight and get the last of the wetness w/ my blowdryer before flat ironing. I think this will yield good results :yep:

If I wasn't planning on using heat I'd seal with another serum (PM Super Skinny, or Garnier Fructis) or a heavier oil like Peanut, Castor, or Coconut.

My fav moisturiser EVAR!!! I also add other ingredients to it to switch it up.

Soliel your avatar is so pretty! Lovely thick tresses.

I started the thread "THE VERY BEST MOISTURIZER" and have tons of reviews of well this mixture has worked. I am so glad it has worked for so many of you. I tried to substitute honeyquat for glycerin, but will go back to glycerin. The honeyquat is way to fishy and funky smelling for me and my DD.

YESYESYES!!!! I am a believer!!! I tried the aloe/glycerine mix and added some water and avocado oil. My hair is sooo soft!! The best thing about it is that your hair STAYS soft!! Oh....glycerine where have you been all my life??? I am so in love:iloveyou:

I have the jug too. I use aloe in my hair/skin products (and of course take it orally) but I've never used it with glycerin. I'll give it a shot tonight. :yep:

I tried this.

My nape is natural (cuz Its damaged and i stopped perming it to give it a break). My natural hair loves this but the rest of my hair which is relaxed, doesnt like it very much.

Still trying to find the perfect moisturizer :ohwell:

Yep, this is my staple moisturizer spray. I use orange blossom water which is distilled water with essence of oranges. Just to give it a little fragrance, sort of killing two birds with one stone. My hair loves this too.

I just added tis to my glycerine mix. Doesn't it have that ingredient Surge has for growth?

Back