okay, now i KNOW i'm hooked...

aregee

okay, now i KNOW i\'m hooked...

i was at the grocery store last night and the lady in line in front of me had beautiful long hair. i noticed that she was buying coconut milk. i wanted to ask her sooo badly if she uses it in her hair!
lachen70.gif

just wanted to share...

Re: okay, now i KNOW i\'m hooked...

lol @ you.

well i was in walmart last night, and i'm in braids so there's no point in me buying anything besides spray for my hair right now... but i walked through the isles and made mental notes of the prices of coconut milk and oil. is that sad?
laugh.gif

@CandiBaby: Heck no, b/c that stuff works!!!

Last night I made my second batch of a coconut milk leave-in concoction (thanks BabyCurls!). My hair feeling lover-ly!!! I think my love of it as a conditioner is already well known!

ew, I want to know about the leave in! come on, u cant just tease us like that! lol...

Can you "conditioner wash" your hair with instant conditioner then use a coconut milk concoction for a deep conditioner and not make your hair heavy?

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
ew, I want to know about the leave in! come on, u cant just tease us like that! lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry! This is when the lights went out
crazy.gif
!!! I just added a bunch of stuff my hair loves. I have a little spray bottle can't hold more than 12 oz. I'm thinking it's more like 8. I filled it 3/4 of the way w/distilled water, then added varying amounts of Elasta's H-Two (I only had a few ounces left), Aloe Vera Gel, Lacio Lacio (but any creamy leave-in you like will do, I was careful not to use too much of these items b/c all 3 have protein), several drops of Avocado Oil, a few drops of Castor Oil and a then topped it off w/the coconut milk. You could microwave it to get it all to liquify, but I just shook it all vigorously
smile.gif

If your hair can take more of less of something go for it, but I know Castor Oil would way me down and Avocado always does me right
laugh.gif
so I used it in those portions. Plus my hair doesn't like too much protein. But play w/it, it's fun when you come up these little formulations
smile.gif
. You can always spray it on your hand to check the consistency and tweak it until you get it right.

[ QUOTE ]
alona said:
Can you "conditioner wash" your hair with instant conditioner then use a coconut milk concoction for a deep conditioner and not make your hair heavy?

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure can
smile.gif
. I only do hot oil once a month and before I shampoo b/c it weighs my hair down too much. With this you get the benefits of the oil, which is basically keeping moisture in your hair and replenishing oils, without the heaviness and w/the added benefit of softness.

Back