OK ladies, What did I do Wrong? Help Please.

joib

Yesterday, I touched up my hair after a 4 month stretch with Profective regular perm. I made sure to protect the already permed hair with grease and regular condition. I left it on the same amount of time ( i am texlax) and washed it out. Next, I put MT on the length of the hair for 2-3 minutes and rinsed. I put my favorite moisturizing conditioner in (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration) and left that on for hours. When I say hours I mean I cleaned house, grocery shopped, took my dog the the beach, rented movies, and finally came home to rinse my hair. The whole time my hair was under a plastic cap. Do you think I left the conditioner on to long? The finale rinse of my hair seems "snappy". It is long stands in the comb. I shed adverage any way and I only comb on wash days. Do you gals think I am overreacting? What can I do to help my problem? I don't think it is perm problems, I had that problem before. Too much moisture or too much protien? Help please, my hairs are jumping to there death. Ok , I am a bit of a drama queen:rolleyes:.

Exactly what do you mean by "snappy"? I mean do the strands strecth and then break or are they not stretching at all, just breaking as soon as you pull?

i wouldve used a different conditioner after u usd MT....i dont think it was a strong enuff moisturizing conditioner after ur protein....which is the reason ur strands are snappy....... ACTUALLY....the above poster asked a good question...so ill wait til u respond to what snappy means to u

Last edited:
If I had to chose one- they are not stretching at all. What would be a good moisture conditioner?

Yeah, sounds like what poochie said to me, the condish you use after the MT may not have been moisturing enough. I like to use a good, heavy moisturizing condish after any protein treatment. Like Keracare Humecto, Kenra MC and Silk Elements contioning treatment is great as well for a good price.:yep: I would suggest rewashing the hair and deep contioning with a thicker, moisturing condish.

Thank you silkii, is that something I can do right away?

I would, as a matter of fact I just had to do that last week when I did my relaxer. My hair felt like straw afterwards. So I just rewashed and deep conditioned the next day, roller set and it was fine.

Yesterday, I touched up my hair after a 4 month stretch with Profective regular perm. I made sure to protect the already permed hair with grease and regular condition. I left it on the same amount of time ( i am texlax) and washed it out. Next, I put MT on the length of the hair for 2-3 minutes and rinsed. I put my favorite moisturizing conditioner in (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration) and left that on for hours. When I say hours I mean I cleaned house, grocery shopped, took my dog the the beach, rented movies, and finally came home to rinse my hair. The whole time my hair was under a plastic cap. Do you think I left the conditioner on to long? The finale rinse of my hair seems "snappy". It is long stands in the comb. I shed adverage any way and I only comb on wash days. Do you gals think I am overreacting? What can I do to help my problem? I don't think it is perm problems, I had that problem before. Too much moisture or too much protien? Help please, my hairs are jumping to there death. Ok , I am a bit of a drama queen:rolleyes:.

Since you didn't literally mention it, I'm just going to ask to make sure... how long did you neutralize?

I neutralized about 3 maybe 4 times with the shampoo that came in the box. Now the my hair is somewhat dry it feels like straw:nono:.

I neutralized about 3 maybe 4 times with the shampoo that came in the box. Now the my hair is somewhat dry it feels like straw:nono:.

Did you just shampoo and rinse, or did you leave it on for a couple of mins each time?

If you did leave the shampoo in for a good amount of time, then I think that it's probably the conditioner you used :yep:

Oh boy:blush::nono:, I did not no I should leave it on a little longer:wallbash:. Next time i'll know.

I would just do it again today! It may not be properly neutralized...

Lather up, leave the neutralizing shampoo on your hair for 5 mins once or twice, then use a gentle shampoo to get a little moisture into the hair... then do a good DC for at least 30 mins.

but yeah... you always have to give the neutralizing shampoo some time to work. I do it 3 times... just piling it on and letting it sit.

hi,
with you next wash you can wash with a neutralising shampoo leave on for few minutes before rinsing. Follow on with a very moisturising conditioner

Back