Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Rinsed hair with water and used my homemade flaxseed gel. I sealed with my EVOO/JBCO. This is a good combination because the flaxseed gel can have a hard hold and the oil softens the hold just a bit.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Yesterday I used the following to twist:

OH Greg Juice + ylang-ylang & myrrh essential oils
HBCO
DB Pumpkin Seed moisturizing conditioner
NH frankincense & myrrh infused shea butter (last 4 inches)

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF

xu93texas

This AM:
Bee Mine Juicy Daily Spritz
TPS Peppermint Pomade

This evening:
APB Hair Tonic
Cantu Shea Butter Curling Cream
APB hibiscus/fenugreek oil

SEMO

Can anyone recommend a good butter to use for the winter? I'm currently using Shea butter but am open to other butters

Napp sugaplum

It's a pomade, and not a butter, but I love Oyin's burnt sugar pomade. It seals in the moisture, provides nice shine, prevents frizz and even (for me) provides some hold. I used it in my hair this past week and, even though I got rained on, my hair has held up wonderfully.

I had been struggling with serious dryness recently and nothing (oils, traditional butters, gels) were helping as much as I needed. Then I remembered I had the BSP in my stash and couldn't believe I'd forgotten about it (#productjunkieproblems). I touched my hair a few days after washing it and could not believe how hydrated my hair still felt (without being wet). I had honestly forgotten how much my hair loves this stuff.

I think this will be my winter go to. I think I may even buy the sugar berries version, just to check out the other scent.

nmartin20

Napp sugaplum It's a pomade, and not a butter, but I love Oyin's burnt sugar pomade. It seals in the moisture, provides nice shine, prevents frizz and even (for me) provides some hold. I used it in my hair this past week and, even though I got rained on, my hair has held up wonderfully. I had been struggling with serious dryness recently and nothing (oils, traditional butters, gels) were helping as much as I needed. Then I remembered I had the BSP in my stash and couldn't believe I'd forgotten about it (#productjunkieproblems). I touched my hair a few days after washing it and could not believe how hydrated my hair still felt (without being wet). I had honestly forgotten how much my hair loves this stuff. I think this will be my winter go to. I think I may even buy the sugar berries version, just to check out the other scent.

All what you said about their pomade. Love that stuff and their whipped pudding!

nmartin20

I gave my hair some love last night and placed my hair in medium size twists. I used Belle Butters and Oyin Handmade's Burnt Sugar Pomade(oh how I've missed you). I haven't used Oyin's products for a minute. I know I need to stay with my staple.

Lita

Applied Jakalas coffee pomade on scalp & Blueberry Brahmi Amala moisture butter on length.

Happy Hair Growing!

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
SEMO
I have both OH Burnt Sugar Pomade & Sugar Berries Pomade. The Sugar Berries Pomade has a lighter texture & doesn't have the hold properties of Burnt Sugar. It also smells like strawberry Kool-Aid

SEMO

SEMO
I have both OH Burnt Sugar Pomade & Sugar Berries Pomade. The Sugar Berries Pomade has a lighter texture & doesn't have the hold properties of Burnt Sugar. It also smells like strawberry Kool-Aid

Bibliophile

Thanks for the heads up. The pj in me reared its head and I already put in a curlmart order for the sugar berries yesterday. :lol: So, I hope I like it. :)

Babygrowth

Prepooing with GSO... may do overnight

ETA nope oil rinsed with Avocado oil (this oil is awesome!) And will seal with Sunny Isle Ylang Ylang jbco. Will use Elucence Moisture Benefits as my leave in.

Last edited:

toaster

My scalp is always tingling from this Liquid Gold Green Magic. I hope that's a good thing.

Also still using the Cantu Naturals Leave in, Curl Cream, and Coconut Spritz on my hair.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I misplaced my DB pumpkin seed moisturizing conditioner. I used:

OH Greg Juice + ylang-ylang & myrrh essential oils
Darbur Shankhapushpi Tail
NH Frankincense & Myrrh Raw Shea butter lotion

That lotion is fan-tas-tic for hair. It's easily absorbed, leaves hair soft, supple & with a beautiful sheen. It reminds me of Afroveda's Shea Amla & Hempseed Lock Twist & Roll buttercreams (pre “gate" formulas)

Using LHCF via smarphone. Can't see mentions

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Scalp massage with Njoy Essentials in Floral Fantasy. It doesn't smell flowery at all, but it doesn't smell funky either.