Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

ronie

Cocleansed and DCd today.
Used pura dor argan oil in my DCer, silk dreams wheat germ butter conditioner leave in, MHC buttery soy Creme to twist.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
:sad:
Posting about the use of discontinued product needs to be banned:look:.

ronie

I'm sorry, but it is what I used. I've been hording it because it's discontinued. However, today my hair needed the full SD treatment. I'm really upset about it being discontinued :nono: it was HG and I can't find a replacement for it. :sad: If you knew how much :dollar: I've spent trying to find something comparable...there's only one CDLS, nothing compares. :cry:

ronie

ronie

I'm sorry, but it is what I used. I've been hording it because it's discontinued. However, today my hair needed the full SD treatment. I'm really upset about it being discontinued :nono: it was HG and I can't find a replacement for it. :sad: If you knew how much :dollar: I've spent trying to find something comparable...there's only one CDLS, nothing compares. :cry:

Wow... i feel you. I'm getting nervous myself about supergirl's long hiatus. I know she is in newborn mode right now, but what if she decides to no longer make hair products?:nono:. She was supposed to have a small etsy inventory but that never happened, so i'm geting ready for the worse case scenario.
I'm anxiously waiting to see what will happen next month (which is when she promised to be back).
Anyhow... i am really enjoying my almond buttercream by the way. My hair did miss it. Nothing compares to silk dreams.
REgarding the bolded: have you tried any of the APB cremes everyone raves about?

EnExitStageLeft

ronie

I've been considering that too. NG Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm and Cinnamon DC will be my replacement should anything happen to my Beloved Vanilla Silk or Razzberry Coconut Affair.

I don't know how I'm going to replace my beloved Mocha Bling Butter......LAWD! I have some JOJ, but its not the same. I may go back to the Purabody Cupuacu Butter. Its gave similar results, but its just not the Mocha Bling :down::nono:.

EnExitStageLeft

LCOB'ED!

L-SheScentIt Tahitian Vanilla Moisture Mist
C- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew:love::lick::SoGladIGotA16ozBackUp:
O- Annabelle's Perfect Blends Ayurvedic Oil
B- Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter

Again, my hair feels BOSS!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ronie EnExitStageLeft

I would die if SuperGirl didn't reopen SD!

I don't know what I'd do without the following:
+MSI
+Mocha Butta Bling
+Shea What! & VS

My hair hair loves hydrolyzed silk protein and Ceramides.

I can't think of replacements for those items. Just thinking about it, is about to send me over the edge :look: I already had a meltdown over CDLS :nono:

ronie, do the cremes have hydrolyzed silk in them? I'm scared of APB due to the inconsistent reviews about the fragrances. You know my nose is special!
Also, I get overwhelmed when I go on her site, same thing with Marie Dean's site.

I want to order some black cherry plum pomade from MD, and mix it with some hydrolyzed silk and a melted BTMS pellet and see if I can duplicate CDLS.

@branwrenrosewood

What would happen, if I did the above? Would it be a mess?

ronie

ronie EnExitStageLeft I would die if SuperGirl didn't reopen SD! I don't know what I'd do without the following: +MSI +Mocha Butta Bling +Shea What! & VS My hair hair loves hydrolyzed silk protein and Ceramides. I can't think of replacements for those items. Just thinking about it, is about to send me over the edge :look: I already had a meltdown over CDLS :nono: ronie, do the cremes have hydrolyzed silk in them? I'm scared of APB due to the inconsistent reviews about the fragrances. You know my nose is special! Also, I get overwhelmed when I go on her site, same thing with Marie Dean's site. I want to order some black cherry plum pomade from MD, and mix it with some hydrolyzed silk and a melted BTMS pellet and see if I can duplicate CDLS. @branwrenrosewood What would happen, if I did the above? Would it be a mess?
APB creamed have silk amino acids. I won't comment on the scents. I love the watermelon leave in spray though.
My hair would be lost without WGBC. Nothing, I mean nothing softens my hair on wash days like this baby. I use it occasionally on dry hair as a moisturizer.
If I can't have RCA, and Shea what! I might have to go back to salon brands.
My former holy grail Darcy's botanicals deep conditioning mask is on time-out right now for months. The last few uses have been very disappointing. Maybe I need to pull a jar out of the fridge to revisit.
Claudie deep moisturizing conditioner is good, but not my primary staple.
Claudie s normalizing conditioner is for rescue time.
So my regimen would be completely screwed. My hair loves everything silk dreams.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ronie

I love WGBC too! She needs to sell that in a liter size. I've never tried RCA, but now it's on my to try list.

Silk Dreams is my primary line! Nothing compares. I tried CR products and that was a failure. They're okay, but not hairgasmic like SD.

Have you tried the APB creams personally, or just the leave in?

ronie

Sprayed some APB watermelon leave in on my chunky twists this morning. I'm on vacation with nowhere to go, so I will just leave these in until the weekend.
MileHighDiva I have one of the APB cream, but never used it because that blueberry scent was way off. I have/use the Ayurvedic cream in the cookie dough scent. The product performs extremely well. It softens and moisturized my hair well. I did order 2 more in 2 different scents (carrot cake and marshmallow clouds). I gave them away to another APB fan. I would have used them, but she loved them more than I do. These scents were much better than that of the first Creme.
RCA is a smoothing/moisturizing beast. Think joico moisture recovery treatment balm without the cone and the build up. It smells DELICIOUS too. It is as thick as Shea what, so pretty difficult to spread.
LolEnExitStageLeft
Happy thoughts.

oneastrocurlie

Pretty much soaked my hair in hair dew last night. Did some flat twists with SM CES to set over night. Used Oyin BSP to seal after misting my hair with DB Herbal leave in and taking down the twists

ronie

Spraying with a diluted aphogee pro vitamin leave in, and moisturizing with silk dreams almond buttercream. Will seal the ends with MHC buttery soy.

oneastrocurlie

Last night used hair dew mostly. Applied APB Ayurvedic cream on the top section of my hair (no logical reason for this lol).

This morning, used DB Herbal Spritz again (I feel like I call this something different each time). Sealed with Oyin BSP. APB Ayurvedic oil on my scalp.

Think it'll stick with this routine for the time being. Cream moisturizer at night, spritz and seal in the morning.