Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Moisturized twists with APB leave in spray, creme, and sealed ends with the hair and body butta.

Repeated this last night and the night before :yep:.

Will repeat for this evening as well :grin:.

I keep forgetting how good my hair feels when I moisturize and seal daily with no exceptions. I am going to keep on going with this :grin:.

ETA: I paid special attention to my edges as I feel like I have been neglecting them. I also am practicing cornrowing so I have been cornrowing my twists down after moisturizing. I think I am slowly getting better at cornrowing :grin:.

Last edited:

xu93texas

I'm doing a pre-poo mix with conditioner, aloe vera juice, wheat germ oil , EVOO, Vatika oil, and a few drops of rosemary oil under a plastic cap for 45 minutes.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Bibliophile

Welcome Glad to have You. :welcome3:

Please come back when you get a chance and give us an idea of some of the things You'll be using.

Thanks for having me.
I'll use the following (PJ Paragraph Alert :))

GREASE/POMADES - BASK Java Bean & Honey Hair Balm, Nature's Blessings, Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter w/Frankincense & Myrrh, Tropic Isle Living JBCO Hair Food, Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade & Wiseways Herbals Crowning Glory Hair & Scalp Cream

OILS - Baidyanath Majabhrinraj, Darbur Vatika Naturals Herbal hair oil, hemp, Neelibhringadi & Ramtirth Brahmi

CONDITIONERS - Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner, Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Conditioner, Oyin Handmade Go Tea & Hair Dew, & SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner

Angelbean

Thanks for having me.
I'll use the following (PJ Paragraph Alert :))

GREASE/POMADES - BASK Java Bean & Honey Hair Balm, Nature's Blessings, Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter w/Frankincense & Myrrh, Tropic Isle Living JBCO Hair Food, Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade & Wiseways Herbals Crowning Glory Hair & Scalp Cream

OILS - Baidyanath Majabhrinraj, Darbur Vatika Naturals Herbal hair oil, hemp, Neelibhringadi & Ramtirth Brahmi

CONDITIONERS - Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner, Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Conditioner, Oyin Handmade Go Tea & Hair Dew, & SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner

First off love your screen name I am a bibliophile too!! And your list looks great I have a few of the things you listed and will add the ones I don't have to my shopping list lol

krikit96

Hi ladies! :waving:

I think I would like to join this challenge. I have oils, grease, pomades, butters, lotions, AND cremes to use up... I'm a total product junky (do we have an emoji for that? Lol)

So are there any specific rules?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
krikit96

Welcome and Glad to have you! :welcome:

Just post a list of the products you'll be using and then please come back and post what you are using/used and if possible a mini-review of how it works/worked on your hair.

krikit96

Welllllll,

Last night I used hawaiian silky 14n1 to moisturize
I applied jbco to my scalp and coconut oil to my hair...
I also used the as I am double butter cream...

My bantu knots have definition for the most part, but I'm touching my hair and it feels kinda hard... I'm gonna hafta reevaluate what I used... also, and as I should have expected all though I dont like it, everything I touch is shiny and greasy like my hands... because I keep touching my hair... :nono::ohwell::perplexed

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Misted hair with Aphogee KGT Reconstructor+Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel conditioner mix.
Oiled hair & scalp with Darbur Vatika+Majabhrinraj oil mix.
Applied Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed moisturizing conditioner to length. Heavy sealed last 4 inches with Tropic Isle JBCO Hair Food.

HAIR STATS: I have natural, dense, coarse, low-porosity/high shrinkage (waist to above shoulder) 4B hair. Live in a high dewpoint & humidity climate with hard (google "karst or sink") water. Lost some density due to illness & treatment. The current strands protein-sensitive. My new strands are not & like to web among the old hair.
I can use protein sprays without overloading my hair. The ceramides + herbs detangle, condition,protect against UV damage & prevent protein loss.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used Soultanicals Mango Dip to moisturize, Keravada Fenugreek to seal and some Soultanicals Knot Butter to twist.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Bibliophile

OT: What kind of books do you read and/or collect?
I'm drawn to rarities- fairy tales in their original form (check out Sir Richard Burton's "The Arabian Nights"- not for kids); ancient cookbooks (Apicius); little known pieces of history of people of color (Mrs.Henrietta Lacks & Ghanian King Peggy); books on Ayurveda, herbal medicine & natural skin/haircare.
In college I actually got to hold & read an early edition of Phyllis Wheatley's book of poetry. Had to wear white cotton gloves & everything! :)
My favorite author is C.S Lewis. His "On Christianity" is the most eloquent, humble & respectful explanation of the faith I've ever read.
I grew up on the PBS show "Reading Rainbow" If I ever meet Lavar Burton I'll sqeee like a teenage Justin Bieber fan. :-D
Don't want to hijack the thread...PM me for more. I can type about books all day.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'm drawn to rarities- fairy tales in their original form (check out Sir Richard Burton's "The Arabian Nights"- not for kids); ancient cookbooks (Apicius); little known pieces of history of people of color (Mrs.Henrietta Lacks & Ghanian King Peggy); books on Ayurveda, herbal medicine & natural skin/haircare.
In college I actually got to hold & read an early edition of Phyllis Wheatley's book of poetry. Had to wear white cotton gloves & everything! :)
My favorite author is C.S Lewis. His "On Christianity" is the most eloquent, humble & respectful explanation of the faith I've ever read.
I grew up on the PBS show "Reading Rainbow" If I ever meet Lavar Burton I'll sqeee like a teenage Justin Bieber fan. :-D
Don't want to hijack the thread...PM me for more. I can type about books all day.

That's cool! Off to Google Apicius.

Last edited:

xu93texas

I used my TPS peppermint Growth Foundations and MN on scalp. I M&S with SM Extra Moisture a Transitioning Mulk and KeraCare oil.

toaster

With my "new" regimen of stretching my hair with twists I throughly soak my hair with Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curling Custard. Once I take my twists down every night I lightly spritz the air around me with water, apply coconut oil, Entwine Butter Cream, and BASK Sevenfold on my length.

I'm almost finished with the BASK, but I have an 8 oz SSI Seyani Butter that will take months to finish, I'm sure.

faithVA

Cowashed last night and sealed with Hairveda Shikakai. Oiled my scalp with nature's blessing. Just my regular routine.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Overnight Prepoo with Darbur Vatika Naturals enriched coconut/neelibrigahdi oil mix+SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl & Shine conditioner.