Off-Brand Curlformers: Do They Work?

GreenEyedJen

Hey guys!

I know a lot of us swear by Curlformers. They work very well. However, this question was raised about the off brand Curlformers somewhere else, so I decided to bring it up over here for the Curlformer experts to chime in on: Do these off brand Curlformers work as well as the others? The link is to a picture of what I'm talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Bridge-Magic-Leverage-Rollers/dp/B0038ZQP8A

I haven't seen them in stores, but according to a few other ladies, they are available in select BSS's in larger cities...

Has anyone tried them or seen the results of someone who has? Please share!

Thank you!

Distorted Barbie

Im glad u posted this because I was about to go buy some more..I've had my curlformers for over 2 years and some have begun to rip... Thanks!

GreenEyedJen

My thought process is that just because they look the same, doesn't mean they work the same. For example, the mesh could be thinner or less rigid than the original Curlformers, so they may work the same for fine hair or type one or two hair, but not work that well for thick hair or someone with type four hair.

More responses appreciated! Thanks again!

WyrdWay

if I had some money I'd order some and try them out, I will see what I can do on payday. I've been wanting to try the curl formers but they are so expensive.

NanieHaitienne

I got those at the flea market for like $5 a box from this Chinese guy and I think they worked fine on my sister's hair
This is how they turned out. It was our first time so I imagine they can be better

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

bebezazueta

I'm returning my unused curlformers to sally's today after seeing this thread!

I would like to purchase on the website but the shipping costs almost as much as the rollers itself.

I wouldn't mind getting them for $5 at a fleamarket but I'm sure there's none here.

Maybe one of my LHCF sistas can help me! I'll pay for shipping and gas! Please!