My curl formers review!

IntoMyhair

Well lets see. I picked them up saturday as promised ( i was sent back to lurker mode because i have been here 1 full year)
I picked up 2 packs of long and narrow and 7 packs of extar long and wide. Totaling almost $100.00. My sallys card took off some of the cost and the link that honey dew posted for the coupon that ended on the 9th i believe. Thanks Honeydew. I also got 1 hook.

fast forward i got 1 row in the back done went to row 2 called it quits when the hair would not pull through. I think my main problem wast i did not detangle good enough. I am at 3 months post I also thought i got all the tangles and matts out when i washed but i guess not. I paid for this later when i wash on monday because i lost a lot let me tell you a lot of hair. I no some thickness is gone because it feels thin. I had to go back to oil rinsing. Why did i wash again on monday you ask.

Because them curlformer suckers worked so so well on my daughters hair on sunday. I figured i could use the same products on my hair i used on hers and than oil rinse. My detangle session was so bad i did not want to lose even more hair. I just bunned it and called it a day.

Will i take them back to sallys heck no. I love them the curls look better to me than flex rod curls. I will be able to use the once i relax.

what i could not work with

Daughters results.

curlformers in

took a few hours to dry but little time to put in

top of style

side of style (((( and they curl plaits to ))))

Other side of style

and drum roll please

Such pretty curls! sadly my daughter sweats a whole lot when she sleeps. Her hair look nothing like this in the morning.

Also when i put my plaits with no extentions in during spring break i will be using the curlformers to curl them

For my daughter i started the curl formers well away from her scalp to cause less tension.

I can also see how these would work for applying relaxers since you can place the mesh holder anywhere on the hair.

Maynard

Okay...

I clicked on your pic to make it larger and it sent my Norton Anti-Virus in a tizzy....

Nice pics...

but a warning..dont click on them unless you want MySpace girly something to try to infiltrate your computer...

IntoMyhair

Your daughter's hair looks beautiful. Why couldn't you get them to work on your hair?

Honestly i really don't no.I am guessing that i did not detangle good enough. It was the 4 z texlaxed part that would not pull through.
Put after seeing so much of my hair in my shower drain hair catcher thing and all over my sink i did not have the heart to try again.

IntoMyhair

Okay...

I clicked on your pic to make it larger and it sent my Norton Anti-Virus in a tizzy....

Nice pics...

but a warning..dont click on them unless you want MySpace girly something to try to infiltrate your computer...

I used image shack to post the pictures. Hopefully they are still legit. Also my norton phishing protection did not detect anything.

PinkSkates

Originally posted by IntoMyhair
Honestly i really don't no.I am guessing that i did not detangle good enough. It was the 4 z texlaxed part that would not pull through.
Put after seeing so much of my hair in my shower drain hair catcher thing and all over my sink i did not have the heart to try again.

I did the curlformers on my natural 4a hair, and I had that problem until I realized that I had to soak my roots with water and my Aveda styling foam. Once I did that the curlformers went on very easily. So next time make sure your hair is almost soaking wet and tangle free. That should help.

IntoMyhair

I did the curlformers on my natural 4a hair, and I had that problem until I realized that I had to soak my roots with water and my Aveda styling foam. Once I did that the curlformers went on very easily. So next time make sure your hair is almost soaking wet and tangle free. That should help.

Thanks Pinkskates I will most definitely try this when i do them again. Cause i really want them to work. I may get up the nerve to retry this week end after i wash and DC.

caribgirl

You did an excellent job on your dd's hair! She is a cutie pie. Please try them on your hair once more- if you did such a lovely job on your princess, I bet that you can succeed on your hair! :grin:

IntoMyhair

You did an excellent job on your dd's hair! She is a cutie pie. Please try them on your hair once more- if you did such a lovely job on your princess, I bet that you can succeed on your hair! :grin:

Thanks Caribgril! You are so right. They where super easy to put in her hair. That's one of the reasons i rewashed thinking it should be easier for me to do them. I love spiral curls so i will be trying these again.