NTM Buildup/Coating on Hair

TonicaG

TonicaG
I'm seeking to build a stapled regimine but right now it looks like for most, NTM is the product to have. Has anyone experienced any build-up or coating on their hair from using this product?

LoriLOCX

I've recently added NTM Serum, Daily Conditioner, Silk-Touch Leave-in and the Mask to my regime. These are my main staples right now. I've decided to do daily co-washes with V05 for the next year. I have been doing this for about a month. I don't have any build up, and I don't use shampoo. I like these products. I've decided to try them because of all the good things people were saying about them. I can honestly tell you that even just after one month. My hair looks really healthy and strong.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I wash my hair 2x/week and use NTM on one of those days. I have not noticed any build up of any kind and my hair comes out so soft...
I used the Shampoo (this was ok), DDC, Leave-in and Serum

Jewell

I stopped using the shampoo, conditioner and mask about November as my main products...nothing bad happened with them, I just switched to Nexxus. I still have plenty in my closet, in case I want to use a little here and there. I still use the DDC (alternating with Aussie DEEEP) after Humectress during my CO washes, and I use the Silk-Touch Leave-In after every shampoo and CO wash. I haven't noticed any buildup...I started using these products in July 04. Also, I never clarify...the SLS in my Nexxus shampoos are strong enough. I'd say they're great, and cheap too! :D It's too bad I can't find the NTM serum around here...I'd love to start using that since they D/C'd John Freida's Relax line (I used the serum).

Allandra

TonicaG said:
I'm seeking to build a stapled regimine but right now it looks like for most, NTM is the product to have. Has anyone experienced any build-up or coating on their hair from using this product?
Like most (if not all) serums, the NTM Healing Shine Serum does coat the hair. I take care of that with a good clarifying shampoo (cause I'm not giving up my NTM Healing Shine Serum).

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
sylver2 said:
Mostly all Serums Coat Hair.

That is true, but for some reason with this one--I had a tough time washing it out and it eventually caused dryness in my hair. My other serums shampoo out easily and help seal moisture into my hair. My fave: Joico K-Pak Serum!

sylver2

Supergirl said:
That is true, but for some reason with this one--I had a tough time washing it out and it eventually caused dryness in my hair. My other serums shampoo out easily and help seal moisture into my hair. My fave: Joico K-Pak Serum!

Oh man, I guess not for everyone.
I haven't used serum on whole head yet, so I don't know about buildup.
I have been using it on my ends. I love my Jojoba oil on hair.

MonaLisa

sylver2 said:

*Mo shrugs shoulders*
*I throw the serum on like it was cooking grease, no problems over hair...no problem with anything in the NTM line...then again...I have abnormal hair...:look: *

Hey Sylver *NTM gang sign homey...*

Allandra

MonaLisa said:
*Mo shrugs shoulders*
*I throw the serum on like it was cooking grease, no problems over hair...no problem with anything in the NTM line...then again...I have abnormal hair...:look: *

Hey Sylver *NTM gang sign homey...*
I use serum for smoothing down the top layer of my hair, and I also use it on my ends from time-to-time. I do clarify my hair pretty often though (sometimes once a week). Since I clarify my hair often, I don't have any issues with build up.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
sylver2 said:

I LOVE Jojoba oil!!!! :)