Motions Products

CheerBear

Have any of you experienced a coating left on your hair from using any of the motions products? I recall a stylist telling me not to use anything from that line because one of the ingredients coats the hair and prevents moisture from getting in.

candibaby

i haven't heard anything about it leaving a coating, but
i hate anything made by motions.
i used to use ONLY their products and the result?
the perm broke my hair off, and i had to get a major cut.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I get great results with their Moisture Silk Conditioner

H

honey_jammz82

The only one I can think of is the CPR product. It has very fine particles in it, and as I recall it did leave a film on my hair. I had to rinse like 2 times to get it out, but I used to like the product.

HollyGolightly

I mostly use Motions products, and in the year that I've been using them my hair has grown a lot and has become a lot healthier. Their CPR conditioner is the best! I've never used the relaxer though. I've also never had any problems with the products leaving a coating on my hair.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Cheerbear, maybe they're talking about mineral oil. That is an ingredient in many of their products, I believe.

alibi

hair bored
I do find that Motions coats the hair after a while. I thought it was the silk protien, but it could be the moneral oil. At any rate, I find that Motions products give GREAT slip, and I have used them for years, but only when I'm doing a style where it doesn't matter if my hair is coated, i.e. a braidout or a bun. When I want my hair to have body, bounce, and swing, I use something lighter like Pantene.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
Have any of you experienced a coating left on your hair from using any of the motions products? I recall a stylist telling me not to use anything from that line because one of the ingredients coats the hair and prevents moisture from getting in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why I don't use any Motions products. All of the products I've tried leave a horrible buildup, that's white an gummy on my hair. I hate this stuff but others swear by it...maybe you should email them or call customer service and ask them to send you samples before you make the investment.

chocolate01

I use the CPR, nourish leave-in and the lavish conditiong shampoo and have great results and everyone I know that uses it has never complained of the products leaving a coating. I think it just boils down to what works for one may not work for another.

CheerBear

How do you CPR conditioner users like it? I wanted to pick up some at the BSS today, but figured I'd wait til I got home to ask yall about it first. Can it be used without heat and have good results?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I love their Silk Protien conditioner and their Nourish leave in. I have never had problems with their relaxer either. I hate their moisture enhanching hair dress (I think that's the name) its chock full of silicones and it makes my hair hard. I have better success with their shampoos and conditioners.

EXSQUISIT

i never had this problem before and i've been using them for about 2 years now. recently i have begun clarifying before each wash.