Not frustrated... but not where I need to be!

chocolateD

Okay! I am definitely a newbie. I have been overprocessing my hair for years and I have been using entirely too much heat for years! So I found the way to a newer me but joining this forum and reading! This insight that I have gained over these past two weeks was definitely needed. I have been limiting my heat, air drying, deep conditioning and co-washing. I tried to do a roller set today... I set my head at 4:00 pm (air dry)... Here it is 10:22 pm and I took the roller set out.... and my hair is still wet!:sad: I am not frustrated but I am not where I need to be... Long story short I took the blow dryer to my head lightly on the cool setting to dry the rest of my hair. I used a heat protectant (Mizani serum) and flat ironed. I know my hair will definitely look okay because of the constant attention that it is receiving now.... But, I want to be able to do a rollerset... air dry... and that's it! NO HEAT! HELP!!!!

msa

Is your hair really thick? Did you have too much hair on each roller?

I've found that to airdry a set from soaking wet to completely dry, I have to let it dry overnight.

locabouthair

if your hair is thick and/or long it will take some time to dry. Especially if it's long.

I would say use a hooded drier which is indirect heat but it seems like you want to avoid heat altogether.

chocolateD

I have used and abused my hair with heat. My hair is ear length but very thick. I am a heat abuser I know! This is why I am trying to reduce the heat. I think that I might have not brought the appropriate size rollers for my hair. This is my first set. I know that I can not expect miracles overnight but wow!! My hair air dries pretty quickly. I expected it to dry sooner. :ohwell:

lilsparkle825

direct heat > indirect heat. i would never try to air dry a rollerset because i am toooooo impatient. me and my hood dryer are best friends.

good luck with your journey, and WELCOME.