Non-gel Stylers

Alma Petra

The only non gel Styler that had worked for me as a wash n go is the original Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream. My has great definition and typically lasts a day. I usually use gel because I want more than one day.

My daughter's hair loves Curls Blueberry Curl Defining Cream. I haven't tried a wash n go on her, but I use it for Comb coils and twists. They typically last a few days and have a nice shine.

We are both 4a/b. She is more 4b. I'm low porosity. She is high/normal porosity.

I'm excited to hear about 4a/b girls getting definition from curl creams. Would you say that your type 4 curls are kinky or silky? I think that my hair is 4a kinky and I was afraid that I'll never find a defining cream that can make my hair look good. I already have the Jane Carter and the Curls creams on my to-buy list. If I try them, I'll give you feed back.

Alma Petra

I normally just use coconut oil, but my niece used this combination (in bold above) on my hair, and it made my curly hair nice and soft, and it defines my curls. She loves this combination on her hair too.

I do like using KCCC (just a dab when I use it). It gives me a very soft hold (which I can handle).

I re-do my wash n go each day.

Thx for this thread OP.
Thank you Allandra! I am able to redo my twa on a daily basis me too but I'll love it if I can get more days out of the style.

Alma Petra

I bought a bottle of VO5 Smoothly Does it Curl Defining Mousse on the ground.

I had the remnants of an old bottle and I loved its effct on my newly cut twa. It gave me very good definition and softness. I will experiment with the new bottle once I take my braids down and I will keep you posted guys about how it performs after a number of applications.

VictoriousBrownFlower

My hair must be weird. Even KCCC and CRN CM don't give results that last this long for me. What do you do to preserve both your curls and your moisture levels? And any need to refresh in between washes?
I preseve by pineappling at night.

My hair stays moisturized all wk just from my wash day routine. It always has whether relaxed or natural. I've never had to do the moisturize and seal thing throughout the wk which is prob one reason why I can get my wng to last so long. I never have to disturb the curls or use something that lessens the hold of the gel.

I don't refresh my wash and go at all during the wk. Once it gets messed up I rewash and style.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm excited to hear about 4a/b girls getting definition from curl creams. Would you say that your type 4 curls are kinky or silky? I think that my hair is 4a kinky and I was afraid that I'll never find a defining cream that can make my hair look good. I already have the Jane Carter and the Curls creams on my to-buy list. If I try them, I'll give you feed back.

Kinky. I don't get the sheen some other people get.