*~ No Product Method ~*

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Tasha112 said:
:eek: so that's the big surprise, you're locing! That's great!...I'm a big fan of your hair and helpful fotki tips...what made you decide to loc if i may ask?
i'm a big fan too! i would like to know as well.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
classimami713 said:
I'm kind of doing this now. CW a few times a week; use a glycerin spritz daily; use a water based cream to protect my ends.
I'm thinking about adding glycerin and a few drops of jojoba oil to my water spray. Spraying just plain water on dry hair doesn't work too well for moisture. I'm also thinking about leaving in a bit of my Herbal Essences Hydrating Conditioner in my hair after doing a co-wash. as well. :yep:

lavendarlover

I shampoo and condition daily and then I don't apply anything else, and my hair feels very nice. I have been doing this for about a week, so I am going to keep doing it until I see some ill effects. I have done this off and on since being natural, and at first I would get little white flakes. I think I wasn't rinsing out the conditioner well enough. My hair feels soft and not brittle. I don't even worry about water spritzing and all of that.

Victorian

old head
Whew! I'm just trying to keep up with all these challenges I signed up for... :lol:

I'm coming up on two months with no leave-in/moisturizers .I just wash, massage some Hairever into my scalp, and call it a day. So far things are going fine and my hair has remained healthy.

I think I'll keep this up until the weather turns. When it starts to get cold outside I think I'll start using leave-in/moisturizers again. Not just because of the cold outside, but even moreso because that means the heater is on inside and it tends to dry out my skin and hair.

How is everyone else doing?

CatSuga

All righty, I'm in.....for 2 weeks only.

I'm only going to use a shampoo and a conditioner (lawd help me)

lavendarlover

I stopped doing this due to dry scalp and little white flakes. I think I could do this with Carol's Daughter conditioner because of all the oils and butters that will probably help my scalp. I originally used Suave shampoo and conditioner when doing this and my hair would feel GREAT, but my scalp would be tight and flaky. I am going to shampoo with my Carol's Daughter shampoo and use the she smoothie and see how it does. The only other thing that I use is the hair butter anyway.

CatSuga

I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out if I was going to stay in this challange. The cream of nature shampoo and the stasoffro spray didn't cut it. I really don't like that shampoo anyway.

I was going to try washing my hair with black soap but I left my money at home and only had $4 so I bought some Sappo Hill almond soap. It's all natural.

I came home and washed my hair with it. It wasn't all that drying. I did a better job a cleansing than the creme of nature. I decided to skip with the regular conditioner and noticed total difference when I used my StaSofFro gel. Normally when I add the gel my hair after I shampoo or condition, it still feels ruff and dry. This time it felt soft. I'm at work right now and my hair feels very fuffly. :)

So I'm going to stay with the natural Sappo Hill soap and StaSofFro gel.

Sappo Hill Soap
https://secure.projecta.com/~sappohill/order.html