No Extensions Challenge!!

KiSseS03

I'm giving up any and all forms of false hair (heheh that's what my dad calls it) for the next two months. That is October 5, 2007 til December 5, 2007.

This means NO:

-braid extensions
-weaves
-phony ponies
-falls
-wigs
- just a "track in the back!" lol
-clip-ons

I've actually been out of extensions for the past month or so, but in the past year I wore braids and my first and LAST weave almost 60% of the time! My hair did retain length, but at the cost of dryness and thinner temples which = not worth it for me!

It's late notice, but join me if you'd like!

i recently threw all my false hairs out... but last night was contemplating getting a sewin or braids in my hair until the end of the year... I quickly talked myself out of that...

I think it is a great challenge. While I think extensions can help you when you need a break, having a hair problem, or just no time to do your hair, I stopped using them and it has been wonderful.

I did have a set of braids for 4 weeks in July and my hair got so dry from the synthetic hair we used. :nono: It took weeks to get it back to normal.

But, other than that, I just stopped using any hair enhancements cold turkey and it has been working well.

I don't even used my beloved clip-in piece that has saved me on bad hair days and I needed a little more thickness for an updo.

It feels good to just enjoy and get to know my own hair.

Yay! Glad to have you ladies on board.

As for the wig thing, Bmore and Choco, you can still be in! They're just not for me.. but you know what I plan to wear wraps occasionally, so I guess wigs are pretty similar... so join us!

I'm in ..I used synthetic hair for a week , the dryness and broken hair line were not cool:nono:..I only recently gained back my edges.

This seem like a cool challenge to do, so count me in. I was planning of doing either braids, twists, or stocking cap wig, but I can keep wearing my natural hair out for the rest of this year. :yep:

Man...

I REALLY need to be in this challenge. Though I love my fake bun, it hurts when I take it off at the end of the day. It's like AAHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can see my hair thinning out eventually from using it too much. The thing is that this is what I use for my P.S's and it has helped my hair grow soooo much. I'll have to think about it!

Hair.I.Am: What did you do to regrow your edges?? I need to do this now... it's just my temples really.. the hair there is fine as it is, but extensions wreaked havoc!

Anyway, ladies how have you been wearing your hair so far? I'm the queen of the rollerset. I've been wearing my newly realxed hair down a lot, but I think I'm gonna start doing updos with bobby pins like I did in HS.

i'll join ya. i actually haven't worn "false hair" since 2001 when I wore a weave for a wedding. but i was seriously contemplating getting braids for the winter... but i'll stay away atleast til Dec :)

I just got my cornrows and I'm so pissed. I'm mad at myself for having to pay someone to do my hair. This no extension challenge is also going to be my serious twist and braid practice time. I refuse to pay someone to do what I should do myself.:wallbash::nono:

How's everyone doing?!

I've been washing and dc'ing twice a week and I'm loving the roller-set. When I'm lazy I'll put in four cornrows for a braid-out.

I'm trying to baby my edges as well, I'm thinking of starting a seperate challenge for that, because I really need some new strategies for thickening up my hairline.

Forgot that i joined this challange but i did keep my hair extension free for TWO months:woot:. I enjoyed rocking braid outs and puffs and the frequent washing :grin:.I have NO pics from this time :wallbash: but my hair did grow and as always got thicker:yep:. i am back in braids now:perplexed.... got lazy for a hot second.... but now i want them out! hope evryone did great....... maybe we can start again for next year:rolleyes:

Back