No Buy Bootcamp Challenge

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Hi ladies(sigh) i failed:look: i could not help it, i got an offer from my daddy that i could not refuse. Sorry i let yall down but i could not hold on any longer. If anyone is still interested in doing this let me know and ill keep bumping this and try again but if im not alone in this boat let me know and this thread can die. Thanks to those who have came back and gave support.

(((hug))) It's ok girl, I'm still trying to go strong, thinking about whether I should use the pass on may 10th or not, I've been doing really well. This is really hard:nono:

Maracujá

Ok. So I used the pass on may 10th:look: and bought 3 conditioners from Creme of Nature on Ebay, the CON shampoo (red label) and one product from the Redken Heat Styling collection. That's it:). At least I went three months without buying anything ;-).

Ivy Santolina

I used my Mother's Day pass to buy hydrolized keratin, cocoa essential oil, a non-formaldehyde Brazilian Keratin Treatment, after care products, swine flu masks and safety glasses with sides. I couldn't justify purchasing a fume extractor because the cheapest one I could find in 220V was 90 British Pounds. I asked my SO to make one using my old vacuum. It just sits in the basement since I bought my new one. He thinks the big window in the bathroom and 2 fans will be sufficient but the PJ Techie Geek in me wanted a fume extractor. I couldn't talk him into one though. Darn!

ShiShiPooPoo

I used my Mother's Day pass to buy hydrolized keratin, cocoa essential oil, a non-formaldehyde Brazilian Keratin Treatment, after care products, swine flu masks and safety glasses with sides. I couldn't justify purchasing a fume extractor because the cheapest one I could find in 220V was 90 British Pounds. I asked my SO to make one using my old vacuum. It just sits in the basement since I bought my new one. He thinks the big window in the bathroom and 2 fans will be sufficient but the PJ Techie Geek in me wanted a fume extractor. I couldn't talk him into one though. Darn!

uh...where did you find this?

not that I am going to buy it or anything:look:

La Colocha

I thought this thread was dead:look:. I figured no one wanted to do this anymore wow ok. Um give me a few mo days:look:. Shishi you can join if you like.

La Colocha

lol I'm still in Colocha;)

Thanks mara i know you got my back, i guess its time to get back on the wagon. Im good for a loooooooooooooooooong time:lachen::look:.

Eta- The challenge is edited for those who are new please see the first page.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
If this is Current -- I am Officially Signing Up ! Ya'll I need a Serious Intervention or the Laying On Of Hands or Something Up in this Piece !:help:

It's actually quite Sad when you Finally Realize, you are a Serious Hard-Core Product Junkie and Not Just a Recreational User:nono: And You Got a Hair Monkey on Your Back

La Colocha

Hey ladies anyone is welcomed to join, I know its probably not the norm but im not doing names this time. For the new people start date is may 30th - june 30th. Just come on in and post. Thank ladies.

Mattie26

I want to join. This is going to be so hard but I really need this. And having a Walgreen's,Rite Aide and Four BSS within walk distance is not going to make this easy. Oh yeah and a Family Dollar. Everytime I leave the house my SO is asking me where I'm going.:eye: then he questions me so much I don't wnat to go. I think he'd be happier if it was another man. At least he could argue with somebody how can he get mad at my hair. Poor thing. I'm in.

Butterfly08

I thought this thread was dead:look:. I figured no one wanted to do this anymore wow ok. Um give me a few mo days:look:. Shishi you can join if you like.

:lachen: I been lookin' for this thread! :lachen:

I've been doing so good. I can't remember the last time bought something for my hair. SERIOUSLY. :perplexed Now MAKEUP :look: THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

La Colocha

:lachen: I been lookin' for this thread! :lachen:

I've been doing so good. I can't remember the last time bought something for my hair. SERIOUSLY. :perplexed Now MAKEUP :look: THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

:look: Well im not very motivated to do this anymore but ill do it for my girls. Whoever wants to join feel free to just post whenever you like. I guess this is the sign i needed to slow my roll. Girl makeup doesn't count and body product don't count either:look:.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Do you think its alright for my father's day pass be exchanged for a June 6th pass?
Cuz umm Qhemet is having a sale, and I am replenishing some of my staples but I also want to try some other products from her.

I know, for shame, for shame.

La Colocha

Do you think its alright for my father's day pass be exchanged for a June 6th pass?
Cuz umm Qhemet is having a sale, and I am replenishing some of my staples but I also want to try some other products from her.

I know, for shame, for shame.

:look: Go for it, You gotta do what you gotta do.

SherylsTresses

We have about two weeks left and I want to say that I didn't buy anything that was needed. I have learned that my staples are:

-All things KeraCare
-Nexxus Phyto-Organics (for a change)
-Aphogee Keratin Two-Minute DC
-Oils for prepoo (but I have tons of them)
-Flax Seed Oil pills for my terrible scalp
-My inventory spreadsheet (it helps me plan my shampoos in advance)
-Constant advice from my favorite hair care sistas......

Last edited:

La Colocha

We have about two weeks left and I want to say that I didn't buy anything that was needed. I have learned that my staples are:

-All things KeraCare
-Nexxus Phyto-Organics (for a change)
-Aphogee Keratin Two-Minute DC
-Oils for prepoo (but I have tons of them)
-Flax Seed Oil pills for my terrible scalp
-My inventory spreadsheet (it helps me plan my shampoos in advance)
-Constant advice from my favorite hair care sistas......

Aww sheryl im glad to see you doing good. Im a failure, I have no idea how you fail your own challenge:look:. Well at least someone got something out of it. I'll do better next time:ohwell:.

Maracujá

I'm still going strong too, can't wait for august 1st though, that's when my challenge ends:giggle:

SherylsTresses

:spinning: Yippee! Tomorrow is the last day. I haven't purchased anything though. Still with my recent purchases of scalp treatments b/c lawd knows I needed them. :shopping:

Last edited: