Nexxus humectress has petroleum

mirrormirror

Hey girls
I was going through my hair products and I came across Nexxus Humectress, I remember using it a few years ago and it made my hair really soft, so I looked at the ingredients and it has mineral oil and petroleaum. Its kinda hard to notice cause the ingredients are in fine print. Mineral oil is like the 4rth ingredient and petroleum is further down to the end of the list. Anyway Iwas really shocked about the petroleum in it. Anyone maintaining healthy hair using Nexxus humectress? any negative setbacks?

daviine

Mirrormirror (hey girl /images/graemlins/wave.gif)

I don't use Humectress but I have noticed that a LOT of conditioners have mineral oil and/or petroeum in it including ORGANIC Root Stimulator's Hair Mayo /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. However, I guess since you rinse conditioner out, many of us ignore it.

Humectress is a moisturing conditioner right?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have noticed that a LOT of conditioners have mineral oil and/or petroeum in it including ORGANIC Root Stimulator's Hair Mayo

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! The must have added it recently because mine doesn't have any in it. I've heard that ORS has been sneaking cheap ingredients into their products lately... /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

A few weeks ago I bought two conditioners that I used back in the day that I remembered made my natural hair feel soft and easy to comb--Summit Mend and Lustrasilk HPC. Lo and behold they both have petrolatum and mineral oil in them. So does Bever--Wanakee's /images/graemlins/wink.gif Advanced Conditioning Treatment. I figure since I'm rinsing them out it isn't that big of a deal. It's leaving greasy stuff on my hair that drives me crazy!

PS--I haven't used the Wanakee conditioner yet, but it looks, smells and feels very similar to the much cheaper Lady Velvet Instant Repair... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

VALLEYGIRL

Hey MirrorMirror,

I have used the Humectress as a rinse out conditioner and as a daily hairdressing when I am weraing my hair straight. As a rinse out I absolutely hated it!!! It did nothing for my hair in terms of moisture and it seemed as if I had to use half the tube to work it through all my mass of hair.

But when used on my ends at night it works like a charm. I apply it at night to my ends only and mix it with a little bit of Jojoba oil. It really seems to do the trick when used that way. I also think that it helps protect my ends from dryness.
HTH
Valleygirl

daviine

daviine said:
Mirrormirror (hey girl /images/graemlins/wave.gif)

I don't use Humectress but I have noticed that a LOT of conditioners have mineral oil and/or petroeum in it including ORGANIC Root Stimulator's Hair Mayo /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay---I made a mistake...the ORS Hair MAyo has SLS....I knew there was soemthing in it that I was trying to avoid. I apologize........ Sowwy!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Allandra

VALLEYGIRL said:

I have used the Humectress as a rinse out conditioner and as a daily hairdressing when I am weraing my hair straight. As a rinse out I absolutely hated it!!! It did nothing for my hair in terms of moisture and it seemed as if I had to use half the tube to work it through all my mass of hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used this product a long while back. I also hated it as a rinse out conditioner. It didn't do anything for my hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nikki

Hi, mirrormirror,
I have been using Humectress for a long time and it always leaves my hair silky.. that's the last thing i use on my hair even after a moisterizing conditioner.
Chow

C

Cami

Humectess is one of my favorites-I use it in rotation with my other products also. I've had positive results with it.

butterscotch

When I use Nexxus Emergencee, I partner it up with the Humectress conditioner (with heat it works wonders) and use it as a headdress every night, and my hair has never been stronger.

DatJerseyDyme

How much do you ladies use as a leave-in/headress? I used it as a headress the once, and when I washed my hair the next time it looked just as if I had done a deep condtioner, and all I was doing was rinsing my hair for my hot oil treatment!