Humectress vs. Sally's Generic Version

Niqueshalfdz

Sally's has a generic version of Nexxus Humectress with I think the exact same ingredients. Has anyone used it and did you have the same results as the original?

Avin'sMom2010

I have tried the generic version it was VERY MOISTURIZING, I have not tried the regular Humetress though so I can't compare the 2..:)

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
StephyPoo said:
I have tried the generic version it was VERY MOISTURIZING, I have not tried the regular Humetress though so I can't compare the 2..:)

Ditto. I haven't tried the original, but I love the Sally generic.

Isis

I've used the original for several years. I tried the generic once. It was ok. It smelled a little stronger (like chemicals) and although it did moisturize my hair, it seems to contain a little more protein than the original does. It wasn't as creamy as the original also.

Healthb4Length

Thanks for posting this! I was going to try the generic version as well. I also saw the generic version of Sebastion's Potion 9, does anyone know if the generic version of this works as well?

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Isis said:
I've used the original for several years. I tried the generic once. It was ok. It smelled a little stronger (like chemicals) and although it did moisturize my hair, it seems to contain a little more protein than the original does. It wasn't as creamy as the original also.
Yeah, I've also only tried the GVC brand and it was very impressive, however, it sounds like the real thing is much, much better, I can't imagine it being any smoother and softer and creamier than the GVC....wow!....hmmm....now that Nexxus is 'slummin' :lol: and hanging out at Walmart I may just pic up a bottle!
ETA: We also have to remember that the GVC brand is using the recipe from 1995. I always think about that when I use it..