Calling Newbies!!! A Challenge for us...

How often should we post to the 2009 Newbie Challenge?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Every 2 wks

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Every 3 mos

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm in! Turning 41, raging hormones, a bad color job, and a regular vs. mild relaxer to soon after bad color job have turned my hair from my crown of glory to a crown of thorns!

Hair state/length: Currently wearing micro twist braids; 4 months post relaxer; the majority of my hair is ear length but some sections are shorter because of overprocessing.
Goal length: Shoulder length - all natural
Regimen/Reggie: Don't have a set regimen now since I am in braids but I am keeping my scalp as clean as possible. I'm at a loss on where to start my transition.
Styling: Braids right now.
Heat commitment: Hood dryer
Stretching goal: if applies: not sure
Posting goals: Once a week for now.
Albums? Links?
Not yet

So I've been on this journey for 2 months now and I'm so happy about how it is turning out. My reggie has been cowashing wed & sun and DC'ing after each. I only clarify once a month but I do ACV rinses every other week and that helps with build up. I have a hair kitchen in my bathroom where I cook up my DC trying different things but I always make sure it has EOs, honey, Neem oil (so funky:nono:), Tea Tree Oil, and Aloe Vera Gel in some moisturizing deep conditioner base. My new thing is to add a little protein to it for a good balance and MSM powder.

Something I need to know is how can I tell my hair has sheen or is shiny?
What does soft natural hair feel like?

I've always based these 2 things off what my straighten hair felt or looked like and since I've given up heat (for now) I don't know how to gauge it. I moisturize and seal with oil but when I touch my hair dry it feels dried out. If my hair is wet it feels soft and moisturized. I'm also looking for a good daily moisturizer and have contemplated making a moisture spritz like some other LHCF ladies.

If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it. Sorry for the long post.

Join date: November of 2005. Didn't post. Decided that I want to recommit to healthy hair.
Hair state/length: I'm not entirely sure of my length since I haven't relaxed in about six months. I know that is is somewhere between APL and BSL. Hopefully closer to BSL, but I'll find out this coming Tuesday. My edges have always been a little thin, and my front isn't as thick as I would like it to be. I have some problems with dryness whenever NG comes in.

Goal length: Waist length at the shortest, but more like butt or thigh-length.

Regimen/Reggie: I haven't started yet, but I think that my reggie will consist of 1 CO wash, 1 Shampoo w/ EVOO pre-poo (or EVOO/poo mix) and Condish, and 1 DC per week. Low manip, no DH (per boot camp rules). Daily miltivitamin, biotin, flax seed oil pills, hair growth supplement (herbal).

Styling: I'm going to try a rollerset sometime after my relaxer. Lots of buns (which is how I wear my hair anyway.

Heat commitment: no direct heat

Stretching goal: I'll probably only do eight weeks after my most recent relaxer, and then 12-16 after that, depending on how much growth I have.

Posting goals: Once a week hopefully.
Albums? Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/jcsavestheday/hair-journey/

Last edited:
Easier to read perhaps...

Join date: November of 2005. Didn't post. Decided that I want to recommit to healthy hair.

Hair state/length: I'm not entirely sure of my length since I haven't relaxed in about six months. I know that is is somewhere between APL and BSL. Hopefully closer to BSL, but I'll find out this coming Tuesday. My edges have always been a little thin, and my front isn't as thick as I would like it to be. I have some problems with dryness whenever NG comes in.

Goal length: Waist length at the shortest, but more like butt or thigh-length.

Regimen/Reggie: I haven't started yet, but I think that my reggie will consist of 1 CO wash, 1 Shampoo w/ EVOO pre-poo (or EVOO/poo mix) and Condish, and 1 DC per week. Low manip, no DH (per boot camp rules). Daily miltivitamin, biotin, flax seed oil pills, hair growth supplement (herbal).

Styling: I'm going to try a rollerset sometime after my relaxer. Lots of buns (which is how I wear my hair anyway).

Heat commitment: no direct heat

Stretching goal: I'll probably only do eight weeks after my most recent relaxer, and then 12-16 after that, depending on how much growth I have.

Posting goals: Once a week hopefully.

Albums? Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/jcsavestheday/hair-journey/

I also need to add that I plan on doing some Lime Juice Rinses. Once a month clarifying (perhaps twice, depending on if I up my CO washes).

1: Where you been, where you wanna go with your hair? Goals? My hair has been ruled by laziness all my life. I (use to) never condition, washed it with any old thing, no satin pillow case. Basically no care at all. My goal is to have healthy, one length, shoulder length hair and would see where it goes from there.
2: What's your hair doing now? What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash? What's your style? I currently have a sew-in. My hair is relaxed 4bish un-even neck length and is broken off in the crown and at the nape (told you it was ragidy). Taking the sew-in out this weekend and will begin a reggie of washing with CON 2x/week, deep conditioning with something from the Kera Care line mixed with EVOO and maybe an avocado then roller setting and VERY minimal heat.
3: WHAT do U need to know? How do I start a FOTKI or a pickistrip or some kind of photo journal?
4. What forums do u like? I love the childrens haircare forum(I have a 4 yr old girl) and the health forum

Hair state/length:
Between APL and BSL 100% Natural and unstretched

Goal length:
Between BSL and Midback unstretched

Regimen/Reggie:
I wash two days a week. Mondays is protein day. I use Aphogee Damage shampoo, 2 minute reconstructor, Aphogee green tea leave in and Aphogee pro vitamin leave in. On Fridays its moisture day. I use Pantene R&N shampoo and deep condition with the Pantene R&N mask. Followed by Giovanni leave in and Redken smooth down butter treat, sealed with Hairveda vatika frosting. The balance has done wonders for my hair. I am starting to use my Mega Tek (MT) again on my scalp. I moisturized/light protein and seal with oil everyday. I use the Giovanni and Redken on dry hair as well as wet.

Styling:
I always wear my hair up because of my job. I have been banding alot lately. It makes my hair almost straight. Or just a good ol bun.

Heat commitment:
I have flat iron in about a month. I will use this option as a length check and special occassion use only.

Stretching goal: if applies:
It doesn't. I am a natural.

Posting goals:
I will post at least once a week, if not more. I want to get to know every single person. There was once a point in my life before I discovered the board in 2004, that I was the only person that cared so much about hair, my hair I was almost to embarrassed to admit it. Thank God for LHCF!

Albums? Links?
Maybe in the near future?

Hey Newbies!!!

Wow! A lot of people joined our little club in the last 48 hours. Welcome to all.

Just wanted to respond to a couple of comments that stuck in my mind:

- Olive Oil and Honey: Love it. I use it all the time on my hair (relaxed 3-4/year) and my sons. Have you ever tried mixing with Raw Honey? It reduces the drip some and it is WAY better moisturizing than refined honey.

- CSI (CHI Silk Infusion): I used to be addict. I have two bottles in my closet right now. But I am doing a no heat thing, and it just doesn't work as well. It does crazy things for your hair though when blow drying and flat ironing - as long as you moisturize well and clarify regularly.

Happy Hair Growing to all. I love this site. I have learned so much in such a short time. It is worth a lot more than $7. :grin:
-

1: Where you been, where you wanna go with your hair? Goals?
At it's healthiest, my hair was just above BSL. Funny thing is I didn't realize how long and healthy it was until I looked at an old photo from 2005. My daughter (age 14) didn't realize my hair was that long either!

2: What's your hair doing now?
My hair is recovering from massive breakage and even growth arrest in the back over a 2-year period from what I think is due to chronic anti-inflammatory med used to manage carpal tunnel. Hair is now earlobe length and broken off to a shaved look in the back with thin patches (that last part due to stress).

What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash?
- Clarify/deep condition once a month (Pantene/Motions Silk Protein)
- Shampoo/moisturizing condish/deep condition once a month (Nexxus Therappe/Humectress
- Cowash/deep condition once to twice a week (VO5 Moisture Milk/Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner OR Motions Silk Protein).

- Elasta QP moisturizer on ends and edges, Isoplus Spray Sheen. Started MN, 4% CVS brand, last Thursday (began hair journey Wednesday with my first ever self-done DC).

What's your style?
Relaxed, short Cleopatra style. I wet wrap, dry under bonnet attachment, spray with Isoplus and comb out with a claw. Hair is shiny,silky and bouncy. This was my staple hair do 15 years ago - I'm getting back to basics in some ways.

3: WHAT do U need to know?

When do I seal and what should I use to do it?

4. What forums do u like?
I love this forum right here (product review and tips).

Anyway, the above regimen is my plan from the research I've done and what my hair seems to need (I clarified/DC'd tonight, earlier than planned, cuz my hair/scalp felt ikky and my style wouldn't hold form).

Good luck sisters!

Kim

Hello peeps,

Well recently my hair has not been like it was in the beginning. It is very frizzy and seems dry to me by the afternoon. Also there are spots where the hair is not nearly as curly as the rest. The curls on the side of my head are changing on me too. I like them but they are different from what I started off with. I am guessing it may be due to the fact that the hair growing. I have been oiling my scalp with Alma oil every other night. I have not been doing it long so I will not say it is not working. I am wondering if I have hard water and could that be a problem. I am going home this weekend and I will see if I can notice a difference. Also I want to incorporate ACV rinses into my reggie. I only did this once and it did feel okay. I am still trying to figure out where in my regimen I will stick this. Since I only use shampoo once a month I think I will first try it before i DC for awhile and then do it after I dc to see which one is better for me. I have been reading the thread on porosity and I am going to experiment to see if this is a problem as well. I want to try to have a final cold rinse, but it has been cold in TN these last couple of days and I am not having it. I will let you guys know what happens.

Hi Newbies!!

Well for the last month I have been getting to know my hair a little better. I have develped a semi-reggie that I have stuck to for the month of March which consisted of Co-washing once a week or when hair feels heavy, Baking soda & ACV rinse twice a month, oiling my scalp nightly with a mix of amla, evoo and coconut oil and I also deep condish with a heating cap weekly.
I now have gotten in the habit of using my whipped butter & hair spritz as a moisturizer and sealing with castor oil and it has made a difference.

I have not found my holy grail products however, I do know for a fact my hair hates AO shampoo!!:wallbash:

This weekend will start my protective styling for the next 10 weeks since I am back in school and time will be limited.

I will be checking back soon.
Happy hair growing ladies!!:grin:

Hello everyone! Please bare with me. Im a newbie and i still dont have all the lingo down from this site. so i hope i post this right. Im a single mother trying to go from a perm to natural without looking homeless. Im starting to get fed up with buns (which is all i can do with my hair right now) and need some help. Im really thinking about just choping off whats left of my damaged hair and starting fresh with a short style,but not sure if that is a good idea. I figure if i cant take care of my hair now whats cutting it off going to do?

Where you been?
my hair was below my shoulder blades a few years ago, but has fallen out because of perms. now my hair in the back is thin and at my shoulders. the sides of my hair is much much shorter, like the length of a pointer finger. What do i do with this?

where you wanna go with your hair?
i would like to keep the hair i have, but perms have just destroyed it. I cant go back to braids (which really helps my hair grow) because it has ate up my sides. I cant afford braids or weaves now (single mother just tryin to make it... its like get hair braided or pay pg&e? pg&e wins) so i really need to learn how to take care of my hair on my own. Im really thinking about doing a big chop and going natural.

2: What's your hair doing now?
my hair is short on the sides and long in the back. very damaged. i pull it back in a bun everyday cuz i dont know what else to do with it, without looking completely homeless

What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash?
what ive tried since finding LHCF: aphogee, nexus, dark and lovely, pantene pro v, carrot oil, pink oil, olive oil, castor oil, co washing, ect...

i need to know how to do my hair when its half perm and half natural?
i need to know if doing a big chop is a good idea?
if perms eat my hair and braids eat my sides, is going natural my only option?
y does my hair suck up every moisterizer i use? should i take supplements to fix this problem or keep trying different products?

i visit the weight loss, hair care, and relationship forms, but this is my first post

Iam looking for healthy easy to style hair. i dont care if its natural, short, or long...just healthy and easy to style. ill take any and all suggestions!

Thanks Ladies

Newbie checking in here.

Can you commit to post weekly or so and tell us:
I will try to post weekly.

I started relaxing my hair in elementary school because it was too much for my Mom to manage. I have sensitive scalp, so getting relaxed for me was a painful experience. My hair never went a couple inches past shoulder length. In college, I started getting my hair pressed to take a break from the relaxer, but of course I lost body. I went back to the relaxer but had issues retaining length past SL. In my mid-twenties, I started getting a texturizer (Arosci) which was great! My hair really thrived and I had body. Of course, I ruined it and went back to the relaxer. Which brings me to where I am today - my edges are thinned, the kitchen doesn't grow, and I don't have the natural body I want to my hair. I am currently 7 weeks post relaxer and am trying to transition to natural. Goal length: BSL! (stretched or unstretched I'm not sure yet)

2: What's your hair doing now? What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash? What's your style?

My hair is pretty much as it is in my avatar - but a little longer. I will be checking in with Anthony Dickey very soon for a trim. As I am trying to transition, I will probably get a cut every 2 months, until the relaxer's gone - no BC for me. I've just started using Ayurvedic oils to prepoo- right now Vatika oil, mahabhringaraj oil as well as castor oil, olive oil and aloe vera juice (Thanks Whole Foods!). Also going to start doing the protein shake in this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=288413
I just bought Giovanni shampoo and the Giovanni direct leave in - let's see how that works for me.... tying not to be a PJ.
3: WHAT do U need to know? I would love to know how other transitioners are making the leap to natural. I've been reading Curly Nikk's blog and can't wait to try her twist out method. http://www.curlynikki.com/2008/10/as-promised-t-n-c-tutorial-is-here-d.html
Also, trying to narrow down what products to use, but I have feeling a lot of trial and error is in store. I am looking into doing a henna/cassia mix to cover my grays - would love more info on this as well.
I've been reading the hair care forum, but have looked at the fashion and skincare forums.

Styling: Currently wearing my hair straight, hoping to get the twist out down.

Heat commitment: Once a week rollerset for now.

Stretching goal: if applies: Trying to get away from the relaxer - so stretching forever, I guess :grin::

Albums? Links?: None at this time - definitely in the future.

Hi everyone!!! I joined LHCF in Feb 09 and as a paying member in April 09

Ive been relaxed most of my life with a natural period from 3rd-7th grade. The longest my hair has been was APL back in 2003, but then I cut it when I started college to SL. Im anemic and my hair was falling out like crazy. I am now trying to get my hair to its healthiest. Right now it is between SL and APL. Id like to be BSL and see what happens from there.

2: What's your hair doing now? What do u use? What's your reggie (regimen)? What's in your stash? What's your style?
I am paying more attention to how long I wait between relaxers. In the past, I would base it on the comb test. If I couldnt comb it at all, then it was time for a touch up. I am now counting weeks and am 8 weeks post my decision to stretch for 10 weeks. I actually dont remember my last touch up :ohwell:

I use a sulfate free shampoo (Leonor Greyl Bamboo), Motions Silk Protein Deep Conditioner, Silicon Mix, NTM Leave In, and Leonor Greyl Palm Oil. Right now I am washing my hair once every 4 days and doing bantu knotouts without heat.

Everything... Im just soaking it all up and learning the most I can about my hair.
Hair, makeup, and gossip :lick:

Big Question!

So I've been hearing a lot of talk on the site about Mega Tek shampoo and I researched it and it's for horses and pets?
People use this in their hair? Does it work?
Anyone with personal experience, your knowledge would be appreciated. PM or post please.

Big Question!

So I've been hearing a lot of talk on the site about Mega Tek shampoo and I researched it and it's for horses and pets?
Anyone with personal experience, your knowledge would be appreciated. PM or post please.

I wanted to know about this as well. I would search it and the link would take me to a animal website, so I thought it was the wrong thing lol

^^People use it for their hair, yes. I do not have personal experience with them, but if you search here I think you will find threads and challenges about it. I think a lot of people are happy with it.

I have my Qhemet Biologics moisturisers now. I have the Amla & Olive Cream, the Burdock Root Cream, and the Olive & Honey moisturiser.

Last week has been really busy so I have not had time to really take care of my hair, and I noticed this best with all the hair that broke off the last time I washed it. :( I am slowly getting back on the wagon.

I feel like only once or twice I got the sort of curls I like, and I think this is connected to using a clarifying shampoo versus a moisturising shampoo. When I do the same regimen with a clarifying shampoo my hair looks exactly as I want it to. When I use a moisturising shampoo there are fewer visible curls. That clarifying shampoo is not good to use all the time, though. I think there has to be a way to tweak the regimen for a nice balance.

I spent my spring break with my family and they could not stop complimenting my hair! I have not felt that good in a long time.

I will try to report on QB next time. I do not think I have used the stuff long enough to form an opinion.

Big Question!

I wanted to know about this as well. I would search it and the link would take me to a animal website, so I thought it was the wrong thing lol

^^People use it for their hair, yes. I do not have personal experience with them, but if you search here I think you will find threads and challenges about it. I think a lot of people are happy with it.

From what I understand,the original concept for megatek was to help humans grow hair - particularly those suffering from chemo. The line however was changed to an equine line and some of the ingredients were pumped to penetrate the stronger keratin in horse hair. As a result, humans who chose to use it experienced increased hair growth. The shampoos, conditioners and reconstructors in the Megatek line are safe for human crossover. Because of the success of the Megatek line on humans, Eqyss developed OCT - their human product line. Most of the ingredients are the same, but there is a significant difference in price.

I have never used the OCT, but discovered MT when i joined LHCF. I am definitely seeing a difference, especially in my edges. MT is VERY high in protein though, and my hair seems to thrive from it. I would say tread lightly. just in case your hair does not respond as well to high protein products. And you really need to stay moisturized as well.

Good Luck!!

Just checking in.:wave: I washed yesterday and did a flat iron length check today. I was surprised at my hair. It seems a little thicker. I am hoping to reach my goal by the end of the year. I have 4 inches to go. That is to be about MBL. I am going to give myself a BKT(brazillian keratin treatment) next month. I tried to post pics,:pics: but for some reason, I have not gotton the hang of it. :wallbash: I will keep tryin...

Hello ladies,

This past Saturday I went to Whole Foods/Whole Body in Nashville. I was pleasantly surprised, they carry Kinky Curly, Jane Carter Solution, and Aubrey Organics. That means no shipping for me. I am excited. In other hair news I have started to incorporate baking soda and ACV rinses in to regimen. I have been doing the condition only method and I thought I need to clarify a little. Today I used the generic PM the Conditioner and gel activator. My hair is so soft no crunchy, I like it.

Wellll I have not checked in for a while so here is my little update.....

1. I did my 2nd henna ever on Saturday and I still love the results, probably more so this time than the first.

2. I am continuing to wash my hair twice a week with co-wash one of those times and poo and DC the other time

3. I chelate (ORS creamy olive) at least once or month or when my hair feels like it needs it.

4. I am less than 1" from BSL (have dusted since my last relaxer 3.21.09)

5. I have started using JBCO to seal my ends and Lacio Lacio for rollersets and airdrying (love em both!)

....that's all for now folks ( I will post some pics when I get to BSL :yep:)

Hair state/length: 4a/b (I think) Texlaxed/CL

Goal length: Thick and healthy APL by 12/2009 & BSL hopefully by 4/2010

Regimen/Reggie: This is a work in progress because I am a serious PJ! :blush: IHowever, I have been faithfully shampooing with Aveda Sap Moss and DCing with Biolage Conditioning Balm mixed with castor oil. For the remainder of 2009, I have made a commitment to use BM & MT.

Styling: I plan to wear cornrows, kinky twists or bun until Dec. 2009. I recently tried wet bunning; but, I experienced quite a bit of breakage to the ends and nape :wallbash:, perhaps I need extra moisture on my ends.

Heat commitment: Blow dry on low heat after taking out braids

Stretching goal: Texlax every 4 to 6 months

Posting goals: Weekly

Albums? Links?: N/A

Miscellaneous: I need to learn how to retain length and thickness. :help:

Attachments

• hair big 4_09.jpg
    hair big 4_09.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ok, so I can admit I was a lurker for some time before I finally decided to sit down and commit to this challenge. I have to admit that I still don't really know how to join, post pics, do a fotki (i still don't even know what that stands for!---lol), but I will eventually stop long enough to learn. Anyways, here is my story!

Can you commit to post weekly or so and tell us

1: My hair has been consistently relaxed for as long as i can remember and I was ok with that until NOW. I plan to move to a small town to return to college for my master's and I already KNOW that I will be limited in my hair choices. Why rely on someone else when I can be bad all by myself?!?! I want to go natural and find out what my hair really has to offer. Plus, I work out too much to continue beating my hair up and down for no good reason!

2: Thanks to this forum, my hair is DEFINITELY the healthiest it has been. I have taken a proactive approach to being consistent with my routine. The routine is pretty basic right now and I found that I am ok with that. I co-wash every 2-3 days (rinsing out the sweat has really made a diff, and I am embarrassed to have not done this before!) and DC once a week with a protein treatment. I try to bun it every day with a phony pony and I rarely do heat. I think this works for me, but we shall see. I have not have a relaxer since Oct.2008 and I plan on going on forever this way.

3: I am still fairly new, so I really do not KNOW what else I need to know. It was confusing jumping ship for this new idea or that new idea, but I am finding that KISS has worked for me. Plus, I am style challenged, so I think the basic nature is my routine is my best friend right now! :)

4. I try to stick to the nature forums, as I am trying to become less dependent on chemicals. I also float around the Health and Fitness forum, since I am a PT/Fitness Instructor. I poke my head around the other forums, but I find that my notebook/pen start working overtime and then my pocketbook becomes involved and we really can't have too much more of that! LOL.

Best wishes to all and HHG! This challenge will help me out alot! Thanks!

I joined like a month ago and don't know why I didn't find this challenge earlier! I hate being late or left behind! My hair is currently SL, and I would love to be MBL. I really get confused with trying to determine my hair texture, so let's just call it 4-ish! lol....

Ok, I changed my mind. Can someone finally tell me what the deal is with henna? I hear such positive things but don't know if the trouble is worth the hassle!

Thanks in advance!

:)

UPDATE: The weave is out and i texlaxed the same day(yeah I know but I did it anyway:ohwell:). Did the stinky Aphogee treatment after 1 week. My plan is to get another sew in when I get to 7 week s post. Have been washing with CON 2x per week and deep condition with a light protien or a moisturizer(alternating each wash). Then I rolland sit under the hooded drier.

Is there a hair spray that wont dry my hair out. The top is very fly awayish and I would like to do something to keep it in place.

Ok, I changed my mind. Can someone finally tell me what the deal is with henna? I hear such positive things but don't know if the trouble is worth the hassle!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Hiya and welcome!!

In addition to searching the forum, this is a great site http://www.hennaforhair.com/

I learned a lot here regarding henna. I have not used it since finding the LHCF, but I feel I am a lot more prepared than the previous time I used it. I have heard a lot of GREAT things about it here on the forum, but also some not so great things. The key seems to be the pre-poo with Oil and the DCing afterwards. I did purchase some though, so I will use it sooner or later. Good Luck!

-

An update from myself...

I see some growth in the front, but not really in the back. I am still getting a lot of breakage and I am not sure why. It is less and less every week but still enough to be annoying.

I have a clarifying shampoo, an 'ultra-moisturising' conditioner, and a moisturising shampoo with its matching conditioner. While I do not mind using the first two products, the other two have to go. I want to try Chagrin Valley shampoo bars, and then Aubrey Organics. I guess I will hold on to that conditioner to use, unless I read a lot of good about Lustrasilk's Mango and Shea Butter conditioner.

I tried Roux Porosity Control and really like it so far. I think I will try to use it twice a month. That and the Qhemets stuff seems to be keeping my hair really soft and moisturised. So my only two problems is a lack of noticeable growth all around and some breakage. I am willing to bet the two are connected.

I know garlic pills help with shedding, but does anyone think it will help with breakage?

My hair was soft and wonderful after incorporating some things learned at LHCF, but it was still breaking. I did a proteing treatment and wow, what a difference. I use Megatek now once a week for 10 minutes before I condition. So maybe that would help?

An update from myself...

I see some growth in the front, but not really in the back. I am still getting a lot of breakage and I am not sure why. It is less and less every week but still enough to be annoying.

I have a clarifying shampoo, an 'ultra-moisturising' conditioner, and a moisturising shampoo with its matching conditioner. While I do not mind using the first two products, the other two have to go. I want to try Chagrin Valley shampoo bars, and then Aubrey Organics. I guess I will hold on to that conditioner to use, unless I read a lot of good about Lustrasilk's Mango and Shea Butter conditioner.

I tried Roux Porosity Control and really like it so far. I think I will try to use it twice a month. That and the Qhemets stuff seems to be keeping my hair really soft and moisturised. So my only two problems is a lack of noticeable growth all around and some breakage. I am willing to bet the two are connected.

I know garlic pills help with shedding, but does anyone think it will help with breakage?

Thanks for starting this thread! This is so helpful.

Hi everyone, I'm JinaRicci- you can call me Jina. It's good to meet you. I started lurking last yr but subscribed last month. I will try my best to update regularly with my progress and I will do something with my fotki soon. promise.

Hair state/length: Natural/SL (Did the BC in Mar '08)

Goal length: WL or as long as possible

Regimen/Reggie:
Pre-poos with vatika, slowly adding amla but the smell! Co-washes with HE LTR (long term relationship), PM supercharged conditioner, Leave-ins are Chi silk infusion, keratin mist, & evco.

Styling: Simplest as possible- mostly apply kccc 1/wk and then wet my hair every morning to style. Also use MJ curly meringue, butter cream & silkening cream.

Heat commitment: OK- 2x/mo. I didn't straighten for the entire yr I've been natural until last wknd and I loved it- happy to have my curls back but shamelessly flaunted the straight stuff last wk.

Stretching goal: if applies: N/A

Posting goals: Bi-weekly

Albums? Links? Fotki coming soon. No hair vids on my YT yet but it tells u a little bit more about me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jinaricci

picture.php
Big Chop

Back